Chapter 1

Missing You

This is it. I’m finally where I wanted to be, maybe not for the right reasons but here I am. Today’s my first day, and although I’m nervous; I’m also really excited.

I had first wanted to come into this company to meet DBSK.  . .  ok, maybe just Jaejoong. I had a crush on him ever since I first saw him. Everyone thought I was crazy. They all said that he was a celebrity, someone that maybe millions of people said they loved as well. My friends all thought I was crazy to leave everything behind to come and get a job as an assistant producer.

I was almost finished with nursing school when I had changed my degree. My teachers all tried to get me to change my mind. They said it was a shame that I would waste my talent and do something else.

It didn’t matter to me though. I had thought long and hard about it and this was the right decision for me. I didn’t know what I was doing when I first took the first classes, but with time I started enjoying what I was learning. I wasn’t much of a music type of person. I actually used to enjoy all the quiet time I could get but now I was always listening to music wherever I went. A few of my friends even joked about my headphones being a part of me.

“Well, this is the recording studio you’ll be using” the lady told me before she walked out.

It didn’t take long before I sat in the chair and started running my fingers over all the keys and buttons. I was so distracted that I didn’t notice someone walk in, until they cleared their throat.

“What are you doing here?” he asked as he came over and stood in front of me.

“I’m sorry” I said as I quickly got up and bowed.

“No one is allowed in here” he said as he grabbed my arm and started dragging me out.

“Wa-“I was beginning to say before he pushed me out and closed the door in my face.

I stood there not knowing what to do. I was about to knock the door when I saw the woman who brought me here walk up to me.

“I forgot something in there” she said as she came closer. “What are you doing out here?”

“Someone came in and dragged me out. He didn’t let me explain anything to him before he closed the door” I quickly told her.

“I told the producer that works here that you’d be here to help him” she said as she tried to open the door.

“Seems like he locked the door” she said as she pulled out a set of keys from her pocket. “Good thing I have a copy of the keys.”

“Yah, how did you open the door?!” we heard him call out as we walked in.

“Key?” the lady called out as we made our way towards him.

“Noona?” he asked as he quickly got up.

“Why did you pull her out?” she asked him as she reached over and grabbed the folder she left behind.

“Noona, you know hyung doesn’t like strangers to come in here” he quickly said.

“She’s no stranger. She’s going to be the one helping him” she said as she looked at me with a smile.

“You mean this is her?” he asked as he inspected me. It made me nervous. I know I’m not much of a fashionishta and I would always prefer to wear something comfortable rather than something in which I wouldn’t be able to work in.

I thought my outfit was nice enough to be wearing on my first day. I looked down to double check my outfit out: A simple t-shirt and a nice pair of jeans with some sneakers on. I also had a blazer with me that would make me look a little more sophisticated but it had started to get hot so I took it off and put it in my backpack.

I was about to greet him and apologize for the misunderstanding but he started to walk towards the door.

“Bye noona, see you later.” He called out before completely walking out.

“Don’t worry about him; he’s always cold to new people. Just give him some time and pretty soon you won’t be able to get him to be quiet” she said with a smile.

“Thanks” I told her; grateful she was here to help me out.

“You’ll get a chance to be friends with him later” she said as she walked towards the door.

“What do you mean?” I asked her. I wasn’t sure what she was trying to say.

“He’s part of the band you’ll be working with” she said before walking out.

I could already tell that he didn’t like me, so this probably wasn’t going to be easy. What if he goes and tells the other members to not treat me nice? I thought to myself.

I took a seat and let out a sigh.

Well might as well make today a great first day, I said with a smile on my face as I looked over all the equipment again.

I got to play around with everything and start to get familiar with it as well for a while before someone walked in. I was glad I noticed them this time.

I quickly stood up and greeted him as he walked over. He didn’t look much older than me. Maybe he was a member of the band I was supposed to meet today.

“You can take a seat while we wait for everyone else to get here” I told him as I sat back down and started playing with the equipment again.

I plugged in my iPod and quickly started mixing the music together. I had wanted to try something out for a while now but didn’t dare do it before.

“Whoa, that sounds great” I heard him say as I put the final touches on it.

“Thanks” I told him with a smile. I’m glad someone likes it. I wasn’t sure if it was going to be good, but I liked the outcome of it.

“Where did you learn to do that?” he asked as he walked over to see what I was doing.

“It’s just something I thought of” I told him as I played the song from the beginning.

I quickly turned to look at him. I wanted to see what he thought of it. I usually like to see people’s reactions rather than hear them say things about my music.

He had his eyes closed and was nodding as the music kept playing.

“Quit staring at me” he said a little while later.

“Sorry” I quickly said as I turned my attention back at the computer in front of me. I didn’t even notice I was staring at him. He looked so peaceful listening to my song.

I turned around to see what was going on as I heard a lot of people come in and drop their things on the ground. I looked over at them and noticed Key was with them.

This was probably the rest of the group.

“We’re just-“

“Hyung, what song are we going to be working on today?” Key asked the guy beside me as he cut me off.

“Huh?” I said out loud. I wasn’t sure what was going on.

“I think we can do some testing today” he said as the guys who just walked in went inside the recording booth.

I still wasn’t sure what was going on. “Aren’t you going to join them?” I asked him as I went over to him.

“Why would the producer go in there?” he asked with a smile before taking a seat in front of the equipment.

~~~~~

First chapter is up! I hope you guys like it. . .
Comments are greatly appriciated!