Chapter Four

Part Time Princess

I came to our house after that bastard guy said some things to me.

"What does he think of me? A Queen Bee?? Who likes to share rumor around the campus? Heck No!!"

I am just a nice young girl who wanted to study and become a designer! I kept on nodding while thinking about it.

 

Suddenly someone hit my head. " Yah! Bang Minah! Are you crazy? You kept on nodding by yourself and smiling like a fool! Tsk" Oppa said to me.

I just pouted and rubbed my head.

 

I want you to meet my family. I have an Oppa named Yongguk. My father's name is Bang Minsoo and my mother is Lee YoonAh. My father is just a house husband while my mother works at the insurance center, they sell insurance to people. YongGuk oppa is currently studying High School too but he attends Korea Arts High School.

 

We might not be a rich family but my mother tries her best to give everything that we needed. I love my family so much that I am willing to do everything for them. I would climb the highest mountain. I will walk through the sea. I will breathe in the galaxy. It might be all impossible but I am willing to do it for them.

 

We were in our dining area. As usual my father cooked the food. It smells so nice. That's what should be expected for my father's excellent cooking skills. I am starving! I was about to get my share when suddenly I heard my mother sighed.

"Umma! What's wrong?"

"It is nothing my dear" she just looked down. I could see sadness im her eyes.

I know something is wrong but mother wouldn't tell me what it is.

"The bank is about to get our house, if we won-Ah! Appa!! Don't hit me" Yongguk oppa said while he was eating as our father hitted his hands with chopsticks.

"You shouldn't make your sister worry" I heard father's wisphered to Yongguk Oppa, making sure that I won't hear anything. I went back to my room after dinner.

Sigh. I am so sad what is happening, but I know something good will happen! There is always up when you're down.

There was a loud noise outside. I went to check what could it be. Could it be visitors? "How can we have visitors at this time?" I asked myself as I tried to peek at the living room. I need to do something with this eavesdropping of mine.

 

"Hello!" There was a guy, who seemed to be a guard? I don't know what he is supposed to be. A secretary I guess? Based on what he was wearing he seemed to be an important person. He was wearing a black suit. He looked so formal, and important."I am Secretary Nam. And I was instructed by the elders of the palace to bring this to you" ah! I was right. He was a secretary. Wait? Secretary?

"Are you from the palace?" I asked.

 

"Yes, Lady Minah" He answered me politely and with a bow. I bowed back to him.

 

"I'm sorry, Umma! Appa!" I said kneeling. I saw how surprised everyone was with my action. "I won't do it again. I'm sorry secretary. I will study hard and will not bother anyone. Just let us live" I was bowing again and again.

 

"Yah! Minah! Will you get up?" My father was trying to stop me. "No. I won't. I did wrong" Mother started hitting my arms. "Minah! Stop it. I'm sorry, Minah is an actress. She likes to act and watch some dramas that she has adapted it."

 

We were now sitted on our couch. My parents were talking about some things that I really don't get. The people from the palace had just left. "Yeobeo! Where did we placed that ring?" My mother asked my father. "I can't even remember. I thought my father was joking when he told me it came from the king. Aish! I should have taken good care of it!"

 

"Ring? Is it gold?" I asked them.

 

"Yes? Why? Have you seen it?"

 

"Uhh.. yeah? You placed it under the dining table so that it would be balanced."

 

My parents hurriedly went to the dinning area and kissed the ring. "As expected. Our princess knows it" Then they started jumping. And they huddled us into a hug.

 

"Minah, you will go to the palace tomorrow and you will bring this to the queen" My father gave me a box. It has the ring that they were looking for. "Why would I go there?" I asked them. "Minah, you are the crowned princess of korea. You will marry Prince Byunghun"

 

"WHAT??????"