Chapter Eight

Part Time Princess

BYUNGHUN

 

"I hate you, Jerk!"

I laugh at her statements. This girl amuses me. I resent her yet I find her funny. She could be an entertainment to the boring palace life. A small smirk was formed as I thought of a plan. A plan that would make the elders suffer. With an ill-mannered like that, I wonder how the elders would react.

"Yah, Seja, Why are you laughing?"

"I think the Seja has lost it. Ever since, the news broke out that the palace was preparing his wedding."

"I already posted a little video clip of the Seja on his Fan Cafe. Fans would be delighted."

I cleared my throat. I let my emotion out, I should have guarded it much better. "I just thought of something. I am not going crazy" I snatched Changhyun's phone and search for my video. I should break this phone. It is filled with my photos, videos and anything about me. "I should let the Royal Guards follow you, Changhyun. This is quite disturbing." I threw Changhyun his phone back.

"It's for the fans. The fans. Seja. They are for the fans' sake!" 

"Ey, let's ju—"

"YOU BASTARD PRINCE! I WILL KI—" We heard a loud bang. That girl, Minah, stupidly bangged herself on the doors. I laughed at her silliness. I pointed the door. It was a glass door. Ofcourse, you wouldn't notice that there was a door here, unless you pay attention.

"OPEN THIS DOOR! YOU BASTARD!" She was knoking on the door. I was just watching her. I bet she would become a wild animal inside the palace. And it would be a chaos everyday with her.

"I think I know why the prince was laughing" Changhyun said as he started filming the silliness that Minahis doing. My lips formed another smirk. If this girl would be in the palace, it would be a gag show. "You could post her video on that fan cafe thingy, if you want Changhyun"

"Assa!" He focused himself on filming that stupid girl. "This could be or could not be the reason of the Seja's laugh. What do you think, guys? Is she? Or is she not?"

After school, I went straight to Ahba-mama's quaters. I would be making a proposition about this marriage.

"Ahba-mama" I payed respect to my father as I entered his quaters. "What brings you here, Seja?" It was obvious that I have a business here. If not, I wouldn't be even here. Royal Family is really different with the normal family. We live on different parts of the palace. And it is hard to talk with one another.

"I am here to propose some things, about that marriage. I would accept it if all my request would be accepted."

"So what are your request?" Ahba-mama sat on his chair and turned to face me. He raised his eyebrow as he look at me intently. That's how the king is. He never showed any emotion. I cleared my throat and told him my request.

"I'll keep that in mind. Don't forget your schedules. Do them properly." Those were his last words as I went out of his quarters.

The next morning I had my archery practice. It was my morning exercise of the day. "Seja" Secretary Nam was dictating all of my schedules and the request that was approve.

"All of your request was approved. And the Palace that the Crown Prince and Crown Princess would live on is currently under renovation" he bowed as he finished all he has to say.

"Don't you think that that girl is too lacking to be a princess?"

"We are not allowed to say any comment regarding the royal family, Seja"

"But you know that girl might turn things up and make this boring palace a bit lively." I smiled as I thought of how wrong the elders have thought. It is the 21st century and yet they are still doing things like arrange marriage. And I wonder what chaotic things would that pig would do in this palace. 

"Have you heard? The Prince would be marrying a girl from this school?"

"Really? Omo! I am that girl! But how did you all knew this?"

"Ah, I heard it from my brother. He works inside the palace. That is all the information I know"

Rumors do fly so fast. I thought the palace was making sure that nothing will be released until that stupid pig have finished all of her training. But I guess people do love to talk about others' lives.

I went to the rooftop of our school. I need to think. Everything is too sudden. I layed my back on the bench. The sky looked so calm. How I wish I could be like the sky. "So beautiful."

Hyunah's face then blocked the view. "Pretty, right?" I sat myself to see her clearly. "How'd you know I was here?"

"Hmm.. because you love to go here?"

She chuckled. As if she forgot that she rejected my proposal to her. This girl infront of me is so similar to me, how didn't I forsee that she would reject me? Maybe I hoped too much.

"Byunghun-ah, I heard you are gonna marry a girl who studies here? Who's that lucky girl?" I don't know if she is teasing me or mocking me. I didn't look at her. I looked at the sky.

"Don't worry, it's not you."

"What!?"

"It is someone the palace had arranged for me."

"That doesn't make any sense. We promised each other that after we graduated college we would date openely. None of this makes any sense!"

"It doesn't need to make any sense. If it is an order from the palace, it doesn't need any sense to follow those orders. There are unexepected things that could happen, like walking around and accidentally hearing your future husband proposing to someone else."

I layed my back again on this cold bench. I turned sideways to see the now disappearing figure Hyunah.

"There are some things that we wanted but we can never have."

"That is also one of those things that doesn't make any sense"

This is tiring. Everything is tiring.

 

MINAH

Even if I already knew that I would be the princess, I should still act like how I always did. I should be friendly and playful. I saw my friends infront of the shoe locker area. At the shoe locker area, we a big mirrorr there. Every girls love looking at it, because it is really big and you could see your face clearly. 

I walked slowly towards them. I started to poke their chest and . "Ding-dong"

"Ding-dong"

"Ding-dong"

"Yah! Bang Minah!"

"This ert!"

I thought my friends were going to hit me but they started tickling me. "Yah! Stop it guys! I can't breath!" We stared to play around. Since we got at school really early. I push Ahyoung around and Sojin. I didn't dare to push Hyeri around since she is really strong.

"Bang Minah! I am included in this game!" And with the Hyeri pushed me. As she pushed me, I bump onto someone else.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean—" I stopped when I saw who I bumped onto. My happy face changed onto— I don't know. My smile just drop all of a sudden when I saw her.

"Watch where your going, you are not grade school students anymore!" She rubbed her jacket and walked away.

Now I know why they were dating.

"Yah, Minah? Why do you look so sad?" Ahyoung started to pinch my cheeks. "So squishy, Minah"

"I AM NOT!" I laughed again. I played with my friends again, not caring for anything. I just need to forget it even just for a little while.