Chapter Nine

Part Time Princess

MINAH

These past few weeks, I had been visiting the palace. I am receiving some basic training for the wedding. I am not yet having the formal training for the wedding just the basic things I need to learn.

"I heard there is a new restaurant that opened near the school!" Ahyoung happily informed us. My friends and I are used to spending time together after school. But since I had been busy preparing for that wedding, I haven't even had a good time with them.

"Really? Should we go there later?"

"We should! Their soondae was the best!"

"Yah! Ahyoung! Did you go there already? Without us?" Hyeri faked cry. Emphasizing that she was hurt. It wasn't really a rule in our small group but it's like an unwritten rule that whenever you would try something new, especially restaurants don't try it without your friends. Ahyoung then defended herself.

"No way! I just heard it from the neighborhood kids."

"Who is that neighborhood kid?"

"It's just some random kid, Hyeri! I am not dating. I solemnly devout myself to the prince!" Ahyoung stood up like she was praising some god. 

"Yah! These kids. Tsk!" Sojin just shook her head and looked towards me. "Minah, you should come. We haven't spend time together."

"I can't. I am really sorry guys." I bit my lip. I really want to go. I really want to eat that soondae.

"What are you even doing after school?"

"Why do you keep on rejecting us?"

"How come you are busy now adays? You were never busy"

Questions jist keep on coming. I can't even dodge them. Questions that I can't answer. Questions that I want to answer.

"Aigoo. If only I wouldn't have these training. I could eat that soondae with you guys."

They gave me a suspicious look. Did I just spill out what I am doing nowadays? Why can't I keep this mouth of mine shut just for a second. Even just for a mili-second?

"Training?"

"You're gonna be like those idol on our TV?"

"Waah! Daebak! If ever you'll see Girl's generation, Girl's day, 4minute, Sistar, oooooh!! EXO! EXO! Ask for a selca with them! Huh?"

"What are you talking about guys? I am not go—Oh! Donghae, hi!"

I saw Donghae entered the room. I haven't seen him around the school, was he not around or was I too busy to even notice?

"Yah! Dongahe! When did you and Minah became friendly?" 

Hyeri was eyeing us. Could she feel that I saw Donghae at the palace? But Donghae doesn't even know that I am the crown princess.

"Could it be?"

"Yeah! I think so Hyeri! Maybe they are both training to become idols!"

"Tsss! You guys."

I sat down. I could feel all my exhaustion when I sat. I would be going again to the palace but I am too tired to do anything. Maybe, I should just become an idol! And I'll reject that wedding.

"I have a great voice right? That's right! I'll just become a singer!"

I finally found a solution to help my family. To pay all of our debts. I'll just become a singer! I should go to the palace and return that ring. I gathered my things and went home. 

"Yah! Minah!"

"Where are you going? We still have a class!"

I tried finding the ring inside my room. I remember leaving it at the computer desk inside my room. Why isn't it here?

I went outside my room. I saw my family sitting at our living room. "Umma! Where is the engagement ring?"

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, BANG MINAH? YOU STILL HAVE CLASSES! AND YOUR TRAINING AT THE PALACE!"

"Umma! I won't marry that prince anymore. I have found a solution! I'll become a singer!"

"Minah! Stop your nonsense! It wasn't even us who told the elders the "yes" it was you, Minah! And now you are backing out?"

Yongguk Oppa gave me the box that I was looking for. He looks so clueless, even though he had been here the whole time, he hasn't had the grasp of the situation. "Are you looking for this? Huh? Dwaeji?"

"Thank you, Oppa. Though, I hate you. I love you for doing this!" I stormed out of our house. I could still hear mom's faint voice.

"YAH! BANG MINAH! YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT BACK ANYMORE! THEY'RE GONNA—"

But since I was in a hurry, I didn't hear everything Mom was saying. I tried my best to run at the nearest bus stop. It's still early. I could stop this marriage.

"Excuse me, sir. What bus should I take if I would go to the palace?" I asked the guy who was also at the bus stop. I could change my future!

"Ah, palace huh? You should— wait, they are announing something from the palace."

The guy turned around and looked at the big screen. It was a news flash. They would only have news flash if 1) there was an emergency, 2) there was an outbreak and 3) if there is

 

 

A special announcement.

Could it be? This can't be happening. This can't happen!

"Hello Everyone, this Park Jiyeon for a special news report. It was announced earlier that the palace was preparing for the crown prince's wedding. Everyone was excited for the royal wedding and everyone was anticipating who would the princess would be. There were no news released regarding who or what family the princess would come from. But as the wedding is fast approaching, the palace had announced who the lucky girl would be. It is Bang Minah. They are around the same age and they study at the same school. And there were rumors that had been going around that the two had been secretly seeing each other inside and outside their school. Let us show our love to this lovely couple. We, people of korea, wish the two of you an abundance of happiness. This has been Park Jiyeon, thank you and have a nice day"

I just stood there. Frozen. Unable to do anything. I thought I could change my path but I was not able to do anything. How could I marry that guy? A guy who has someone else? A guy who doesn't even have a heart. I sat my self on the bench. Thinking how everything happened. 

A piece of paper flew and landed on my face. I immediately got a hold of the paper. It was a newspaper that has a report about me and the prince. This can't be!

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

My mom and dad had been consoling me for quite sometime. I am crying after I got home. I was unable to return the ring. And now, how can I face the world? Things happened in a blink of an eye.

"Umma!" I am crying my eyes out. I just can't believe this. How can they do it to me.

"I know, this is hard. I also cried when your father chose our wedding date. He didn't even consult me." I could feel mom's warm hands at my back. How can she say she feels what I feel. We are totally different.

"I know this is hard, Princess Minah. I feel your pain." My father pulled me into a hug. I just pushed him. And started to cry my heart out. They say a good cry would take it all away. "Don't worry, Dwaeji! I'll call you Minah, from now on!" At times like this, Yongguk couldn't even get serious. It's not any help at all.

"You all! How can you do this to me?" I started to cruly even harder. "Princess Minah, it's not that—"

"It's not that?" I asked looking at them accusingly. "How can you give my Middle School Graduation Photo? How can you give this ugly photo of mine!? How can I get out of our house now? How can you give these ugly pictures? It is you, huh? Oppa?"

I attack Yongguk Oppa but my parents stopped me from doing so. They don't know how people will redicule me and call me ugly. And I was so fat back then. This is humiliating. 

I didn't stopped crying until I fell asleep. I wasn't even sure if I stopped crying. I was aqaken by loud noises.

"Yah! Oppa! Will you stop that ugly noises you make with your ugly face?" I stood up and went to the living room. Huh? No, Yongguk Oppa here? Where are my parents?

Yongguk hurriedly warned me not to go out. But I got kore curious what is causing that noise that wouldn't even let me have a nice sleep. I stepped out of our house. I saw there a large crowd. There flashes everywhere. Cameras everywhere. It was tptally like I am a famous celebrity. I then realized that I looked like a wrecked person.

I went inside the house to check if I was looking great. But I can't seem to see "Minah".

"I told you not to go out! You only doubled your humiliation! Dwaeji!"

"You should have stopped me! I will kill you!" I started to attack Yongguk Oppa, again. This time I was succesfull in doing so. "We would die together. I will remove this gums of yours!"

"I will remove this small eyes of yours."

And for awhile, I had forgot about all these things that happen. Even though I hate Yongguk Oppa to death, I love him at the same time. We fight as if we were born enemies but this is the most comfort that I needed. I'll miss fighting with Yongguk.

------------

Saeja/ Seja - Prince/ Crown Prince (A term used by the palace)

Soondae - A blood sausage/ A food that is made out of a pig's intestines.

Dwaeji - Pig

Jeonha/ Junha - King

Do you like it guys? Do you? Do you? You don't? TuT this hurts my heart. Lol, just kidding. I hope you like it guys! I'll do my best. Don't forget to comment and tell me what are your reactions.

Oh! I just thought, while I was washing the dishes, I should have made Dara the Queen, Jiyong as the King, Kiko as the Daebi-mama (the mother of Donghae) coz why not? Lol. It should have beem that way xD why haven't I thought of that a while ago?