Chapter Ten

Part Time Princess

BYUNGHUN

I went to greet the elders. It was a daily routine that I should never forget. It is paying respect to the elders. Even though I don't understand them, I still should pay respect to them. Not as the prince but as a person.

Halma-mama was reading a newspaper. I was hearing hints of giggles from her. I could say that Ahba-mama and Uhma-mama were getting distracted from Halma-mama's controlled giggles. I don't know what halma-mama was reading but it seems she really likes it. After quite a few minutes, halma-mama burst into a laughter, it seems she can't hold her laugh anymore.

"The princess is really cute. Byunghun-ah, have you saw her photos? And look at these, it was taken this morning." Halma-mama gave me the newspaper she was reading. A little smile crept on my lips as soon as I saw her face. She looks stupid but the palace elders doesn't seemed to be bothered. "Isn't she cute?" I could feel how Halma-mama is fond of that girl. Surprisingly, Uhma-mama isn't affected by her stupidness.

"I guess the princess was really shocked by the medias that were waiting outside their house. They might have a hard time, since media personnels are persistent." Uhma-mama seemed really worried for that girl.

"She never disappoint to surprise me everytime." I shook my head in disbelief. I can't believe that the elders were captivated by her. I was about to leave when Ahba-mama reminded me that "Minah is not from a royal family or a wealthy family. She might had been having difficulties. You should help her."

I just nodded but Uhma-mama seemed uncontended. "Byunghun, I don't want Minah to live like me. I don't want her to have a hard time." I just nodded and left the room.

"I need to get ready for school. Please excuse me."

I breathed out as I left the room. I felt suffocated just talking about that stupid girl. I heard the elders talking about the debts of Minah's family. As I knew, she wasn't going to marry me without other motives. I shook my head. "You were smarter than I thought." I whispered. I walked back to my palace and got ready for school.

MINAH

I thought nothing will change after they, the palace, had announce the wedding. I was wrong. First, I can't sleep peacefully. Second, it seems there is a riot outside our house. Third, I had fans and ofcourse fans means I also have anti-fans. It's because I snatched their Prince. If only they knew, I didn't want this marriage, I just don't have any choice. Lastly, going to school is harder than I thought it would be. I am just thankful with Yongguk Oppa's effort to lure those medias and people.

As I enter the school, people were looking at me and it felt really awkward. I am not used to any attention. I was fine with the attention that my friends give to me but these attetion that I am receiving is really overwelming.

I could hear their murmurs. I know that they were talking about me since, this is a total cinderella story. In their eyes, it is another cinderella story, but if they would try to put their feet on my spot they'll think differently. I am not cinderella. I am not. I didn't want to be part of the fancy people. I didn't want to live in glamour. I just want my family to have a comfortable life.

I saw my friends playing around the school lobby. I smiled as soon as I saw them. I ran towards them. My relationship with them won't change right?

"Have you seen the last episode of She Was Pretty? I felt really sorry for ShinHyeok. And for SeungJoon too!"

"Yah! Hyeri, really? just choose one! ShinHyeok's mine! Since Seungjoon is such a jerk and he's all about HyeJin Hyejin. A total jerk! He has a pretty face but he is a total jerk!"

"You two, you have time for those dramas but you don't even have a time to study."

"The drama is much better than our lessons!"

I came in and joined their talk. It seems like they didn't notice me. So I butted in. "I haven't watched the newest episode! What happened to Seungjoon? Is he dating Hyejin? Waaah! That would be cute!" I smiled brightly at them. It's true that I haven't watched the drama since I had been busy. That's why I am grabbing this oppurtunity to talk with them.

Sojin looked at me and sighed. "Guys, we are going to be late. Let's go now." Ahyoung and Hyeri looked at me feeling apologetic. They might not say anything but I felt their disappointment with me. I just followed them.

During our breaktime, they were still ignoring me. I sat at their table but they weren't talking to me. "Yah, guys! When would this ignore Minah gonna stop?"

"We shouldn't talk to the princess." Hyeri said not even glancing at me. She kept her eyes glued to her mirror. Ahyoung keep on nodding. "Ah. I lost my appetite!" Ahyoung stopped eating and started to press her fingers on her phone. Sojin was just quiet the whole time.

"If you won't eat that, I would!" I happily grabbed all her food. I munched Ahyoung's food. i felt pathetic in doing so. They think that I am a cinderella wanna-be and they felt I keep everything to myself. "It's not that I want to keep it from you guys. I just didn't have any choice. I don't. And I am not a cinderella-wanna-be! I just did that for my family!" I just continued to eat. my eyes felt really warm. I feel so lonely right now. Why did our friendship have changed?

"Are you going to have that training thingy later? If not let's have tteokbokki?" Sojin gave me the warmest smile I had ever seen. I returned a small but genuine smile. We all share laughs and small talks. Things that I had missed during my training.

 

BYUNGHUN

 "Yah! Look at the fan cafe of our prince. It's full of crying girls." Changhyun said as he was scrolling through his phone. Chanhee then snatched Changhyun's phone to see what is Changhyun fussing about. "Woah! It is true! Those girls were crying. Hah! I can't belive this. Look at it Daniel!" Chanhee threw Changhyun's phone to Daniel. Good thing Daniel is good at catching or else Chanhee could be dead by now. I could see Changhyun's annoyance to Chanhee's mischievousness. "Really. Oh! Look at this!" Daniel called our attention to read a certain comment from the cafe. The three of the huddled and read the comment. "Is the prince really dating that Minah girl? Gosh. This is a total cinderella story. She's not fitted to be a princess. She's gonna make the palace a gag show. She should become a comediene!"

"Woah! She's got an anti fan." Chanhee laughed while Daniel added. "This girl got a point though but really, you and that Minah, dating? Where did that come from?"

"Remember the video I posted on the cafe?" the three of us were confuse with what Changhyun was trying to point out. We let him explain his theory where those rumors came from. "She was the girl that made our" he pointed to me. "Little prince, laugh. So the people thought that Minah and Byunghun were dating. I actually posted a lot of Minah's videos on the cafe. I followed her last week. Oh! And I have a new video of her. Here"

He snatched his phone back and scrolled through his phone until he found the video he recently filmed. It shows Minah walking down the stairs wearing those ugly jogging pants of her. It was going well at first and people were taking pictures of her when suddenly, out of nowhere she slipped down the stairs. Everypne was shocked. So was I. She then stood up like nothing happened. "I'm ok. Don't you worry guys. I was pretending I fell down." She then laughed. And her friends came in and joined her alibi. "She.. she.. she just .. uhhmm.." her other friend came in and tried to think of an alibi. "She fell down because if she won't fall people might think she's too perfect." Her other friend came in and continued to make things sizzle. "She's not perfect. She's too stupid!" Chanhee then paused the video he looked intently at the phone. His eyes grew bigger. His attention then went to Changhyun. "CHANGHYUN! WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS BEAUTIFUL MAIDEN?" He was freaking out. He kept on pointing on the screen. Changhyun then yelled. "HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO KNOW? SHE'S JUST A FRIEND OF THE BREAD! JUST ASK HER!" He then playfully pushed Chanhee away.

"This girl. She is really a something."

"Woah. Our Byunghun is smiling again! But what will happen to Hyunah then?" Daniel asked. My lips suddenly formed a line. What will happen to Hyunah? I don't know. She choose not to marry me. She was the one who wanted this. I breathed out. Looked faraway. "I don't know. Maybe she'll be a prima ballerina? Who knows."

I received a message from Hyunah. She was asking to meet me at the back of the school. She smiled when she saw me. But her eyes were about to cry. "Byunghun, I am hurt. I may smile so no one will know that I am hurt. But I just can't keep smiling anymore! I am hurt Byunghun! You are going to marry some stranger! A stupid stranger! That girl. She—"

"She was willing to marry me and give everything up. She was going to be my wife." I smiled at her. "I proposed to you. But you rejected me. What do you think I was going to feel? Hyunah.. let's just stop this." I went away. I don't want to see her cry. We might had shared something special but it wasn't as special as I thought it was.