Real Fantasy

Maladaptive Daydreams

  IU didn't daydream because she was bored. IU escaped her daily life because she couldn't handle it. She was a fragile young girl, but yet she was trapped into this disgusting -house. It's not just disgusting because of the people. It looks like nobody ever took care of it. Often she was hit for not cleaning well enough, but it's not that she was being a rebel. She just... dozed off. 

  In her daydreams, she attended a school. She had a good group of friends, made good grades, had a boyfriend. Her fantasy was very reality based. Not her reality, maybe, but someone else's reality. Her mom used to always tell her stories of high school before she left (her dad had drunk himself to death afterwards).  She ran away from her orphanage, which she desperately regreted. She looked around. The room was musty, dark. Almost like a basement with a single window. You could see the dust particles wandering about.

  Grimacing, she returned to her daydreams.

  She was holding hands with her very beloved boyfriend, Eunhyuk. IU squeezed his hand tightly, smiling. She thought back to when they first met.

 

   IU had just moved with her parents into an adorable cottage-like house. In front of the house, there was a swingset placed. All around, flowers bloomed, creating something similar to a minature Hanging Gardens. It was beautiful. 

  IU didn't start school until the following day, so she spent her time watering the flowers. She looked over to grab the watering can when someone caught her eye. For some reason, she felt nervous. She stuffed herself behind a tree, staring at him through a branch. His face seemed quite traditional... No real outstanding qualities. But nonetheless, she seemed incredibly attracted to him. Maybe it was because how much he seemed to take in detail, maybe it's because every so often he would smile to himself. Her heart skipped a beat when he looked over to her. Blushing, he eyes widened. He slowly made his way to her, asking how she was...

   

 

 She shook out of her thoughts, and gazed at him. He chuckled, deeming it cute. Then he picked her up, bridal style. 

 "Eee! Hey! Put me down!" she squealed. 

 "No! This is fun! Watch." He started to run.

  IU tucked her face into his neck, scared for her life. 

  "Hey... Uh... Sweetheart?" He still felt a little nervous calling her affectionate nicknames.

   IU opened her eyes. He had carried her all the way up to the edge of town, which looked over all the other towns. The sun was just now setting, and everything seemed so peaceful. From a distance, you could see children playing, wives putting clothes on rope to dry, business men and women coming home from work. They stayed quiet, watching everything. 

  "I don't want you to leave." Eunhyuk mummbled. IU stared at him a bit before speaking.

  "I'll miss you when I wake up." 

   

  And then, as if a movie had just skipped to the next scene, she had snapped out of it. Her cheek was burning, for what reason she didn't know. Tears filled her eyes, part sadness for having to leave her dear Eunhyuk, part in pain. She looked at the floor and noticed two black shining work shoes in front of her. 

 Manically laughing, the menacing man spoke.

 "I ing told you. Stop talking to your god damned IMAGINARY FRIENDS, YOU LITTLE ." With each word, his voice grew louder and more furious. Her put his hand to his face and shook his head. "I'll have to punish you." 

 He tightly grabbed her arms, pulling her away from the forced work. She kicked her legs and screamed, trying to get free. She sobbed for help, but as all the other girls came out of their "rooms," they just stared at her in fright. IU had no real friends here. They all thought she was crazy. They stared at her whenever she rocked back and forth, smiling to herself. Even more of a reason why nobody would help her, they were afraid of him. 

  Through her tears, she couldn't tell where they were going. She kept trying to go back to Eunhyuk, but it started to flash. Fantasy. Reality, Fantasy. Reality. She screamed a high pitched scream, almost like she was shot.

 

 And she was. Her leg was covered in blood, and she tipped forward. The pain was unbearable. She dazed in and out of consciousness, finally collapsing. Before she passed out, she thought she heard Eunhyuk's voice. But it didn't seem like it was from her fantasy. It seemed incredibly real.

____________________________

I realized all of these stories have been about fantasy daydreams! Not all daydreams include a made-up fantasy world; many are very realistic daydreams involving day-to-day human activities and scenes. You don't even have to have made up characters in your daydreams. Sometimes it can just be you doing something you wish you could. Ex. singing, dancing, painting, filming, acting, etc. You get the idea! Also, I know this chapter is sort of dramatic... But this kind of stuff does happen. So, yep yep. Enjoy.