God is a maladaptive daydreamer, we're just his daydream.

Maladaptive Daydreams

  Finally it was their date night. They decided just to do a movie, in case they accidentally drifted off into their daydreams. Swearing to each other that they'd try to bring the other back if they went to the other side, they settled down to their movie seat.

  Lime obviously seemed nervous. She wanted this to work out well, as it's their first date. Alice smiled with concern, patting her on the hand. She kissed her green hair and waited for the movie to start.

  Alice looked over at Lime for a check every 15 minutes. Lime, while still trying to concentrate on the movie, kept her eye on Alice. 

 About an hour into the movie, Lime noticed Alice tapping her fingers on her arm rest. The green haired girl perked up when she saw this. Panicking, she waved her wands in front of Alice's face. 

  She remembered how she brought her out of her constant dreaming the other day, and blushed. Looking around to make sure nobody saw her, she gave the childish yet motherly girl a kiss on her lips. Then another. And another. 

  Before she knew what was happening, she was being kissed back. Alice placed her hand on the side of Lime's face, and Lime squeaked in shock. The blonde smiled and rested her head on her girlfriend's shoulder, and they enjoyed the rest of the movie.

 

  Driving for them was usually really dangerous, so they had to take the bus once they were done walking around. While waiting for the bus, they went window shopping. It was nice. God, it was so nice. It felt so normal, and both of their hearts were racing. They were so excited this was working for them. 

  They were so caught up in something other than their daydreams for once. It was wonderful...

 

 So wonderful that they missed their bus.

 "!" Lime gasped. She saw that the next bus wouldn't come until 9. 9 AM. The next morning. 

 Alice walked over the little bench and patted the seat next to her. In an attempt to comfort her "wife" she rubbed her shoulder and kissed her on the cheek, then her jaw, and her neck. In most situations, these kisses would be deemed seductive. Alice had a way of making them sweet, though. After the last kiss, she settled her face in between Lime's shoulder and neck. Lime shivered as she felt the older girl's icey breath hit her skin.

 Soon, Alice fell asleep. Lime took off her padded coat and put it over Lime, as it was getting to be Fall. 

 

 For some reason, Lime couldn't drift into her mind. She couldn't drift into sleep, either. She just kept thinking over and over about this theory she had.

 If God is real, she thought, then maybe he's a maladaptive daydreamer. Maybe that's what we all are. Daydreams. Maybe we're- Maybe Alice and I are Gods of our own daydreams. Some people in our stories don't believe in us... Some of the people have different thoughts of us. Some of these people go against us, and they don't even know the truth. They don't know we're walking among them. They don't understand they're just thoughts. Important thoughts that mean a lot to us, but... 

Before she knew it, Lime was fast asleep on the bus bench. People passed by, some admiring the cute couple, some looking at them with disgust. Whatever. They were happy. 

 

_______________

I think I'm gonna mark this as complete for now... I may add more to it later. Does anyone think I should, or is this a good ending? What would you guys like to see?