Chapter 2: Aim for the Stars

Sing for Me

Liqiu’s POV:

                “Doue… kimi wo suki ni natte shimattan darou,” I sung quietly as I walked to class, lost in my own thoughts and dreams. It had been two years since I first heard of the band TVXQ. And now, it seems to be the only band I would ever listen to these days. I sighed softly. Ever since I was a child, I had always dreamed of becoming a singer. But it always seemed to be an impossible dream. After all, it was very difficult to get into that industry. At the beginning, I just dismissed it as something that would never happen and went on with my life, following a different path. That all changed when I heard his voice, Kim Jaejoong.

Ever since I heard his story on how he did whatever he could to follow his dreams, I was inspired once again to try and fulfill my own. Of course, I wanted to finish undergraduate first as a means for backup. But for once, I was determined to make that dream a reality. Because of that, Jaejoong became my inspiration and idol. I wanted to get to know him. No, I wasn’t one of those crazy fan girls who fawned over him, believing one day I would marry him. It wasn’t like that at all. I just think that he and I aren’t so different when it comes to our dreams, and I wanted to see if we really did have something more in common.

“Liqiu! Hello! I’m talking to you!” yelled a voice. I turned and found Shuang glaring at me with a look of irritation on her face. “I’ve been calling your name for a while now. Where have you been? In lala land?” I grinned apologetically at her.

“Sorry Shuang. Just lost in my thoughts again.” She rolled her eyes at my response.

“Thinking about Jaejoong again?”

Normal POV:

                “You know me so well Shuang,” said Liqiu laughing.

                “What else do you think about? It’s either about him, Akira, or school! Those are the three things you think about most!” exclaimed Shuang.

                “I do not. I think about plenty of things,” protested Liqiu.

                “Oh yeah? Name one.”

                “I think about my family.”

                “Everyone thinks about their family!”

                “They do not.”

                “They so do!” They glared at each other for a moment. Then they suddenly both started laughing.

                “I can’t believe we’re arguing about something as stupid as this. To think, out of the few times we argued, you’d think we would have discussed a more serious topic, but no. We end up arguing over my thoughts!” laughed Liqiu.

                “What can I say? We’re crazy people,” agreed Shuang.

                “The craziest,” Liqiu replied, smiling at her. “And to tell you the reason why I was thinking about Jaejoong again, I was listening to another TVXQ song. I still can’t believe they broke up. It makes me sad just thinking about it.”

                “Yeah, but at least Jaejoong is still singing right? I mean, if he didn’t love singing, he, Yoochun, and Junsu wouldn’t have formed JYJ.”

                “You’re right. As long as he’s still singing, I’ll be happy. I don’t know what I’d do if I couldn’t continue to hear him sing.” Shuang stopped walking and put a finger to her chin as if thinking.

                “Hm….die?” They both broke down laughing again.

                “You’ll never get tired of teasing me will you?” asked Liqiu. Shuang grinned.

                “I would never get tired of that. It’s way too fun.” Liqiu rolled her eyes.

                “You never change.”