Chapter 3: Impossible Things and Confrontations

Sing for Me

Normal POV:

                “OMG! I can’t believe my favorite singer is coming to America! I’m so going to go to his concert,” exclaimed a girl with blonde hair in the middle of the busy classroom, flicking her hair aside and giggling with her friends. Liqiu heard this and exchanged annoyed glances with Shuang.

                “Talk about annoying. Laura never changes. She still thinks she has a chance of meeting her favorite singer and get married to him,” whispered Shuang.

                “I know, it’s so irritating when she goes on and on about it. I can’t believe the nerve of her. She above all people should know that meeting a celebrity is not easy, let alone getting married to them. I mean, sure. I do want to meet Jaejoong, but that is almost impossible,” replied Liqiu.

                “True, I just wish she’d stop daydreaming and shouting out those stupid things in the middle of the classroom.”

                “I agree completely. She’s so immature.”

                “Do you have something to say to me?” came an obnoxious voice. Liqiu and Shuang groaned. Laura had apparently heard their conversation and was now standing in front of them, glaring.

                “Yes, do me a favor and shut up. Class is about to start, and unlike you, I’d prefer to study a bit before the teacher gets here,” said Liqiu. Laura narrowed her eyes even more.

                “Excuse me?”

                “Are you deaf? Or did you not clearly hear me tell you to leave us alone? Unless you have something meaningful to say, please go back to your seat,” Liqiu retorted.

                “You !” screeched Laura. This made everyone in the classroom look in their direction. “What gives you the right to tell me what to do? You’re not the boss of me!”

                “I’m not telling you to do anything but shut up. I really would prefer to study in peace, as would many others. If you must shout, then please do so outside. There is a time and place for everything,” Liqiu stated, looking calmly at the furious blonde. This made Laura turn red with anger as she made her way over to her with her hand outstretched.

                “Miss. Parker, please refrain from using violence in this classroom!” Laura immediately spun around and found the professor their looking very sternly at her. She flushed with embarrassment at being caught trying to harm another student.

                “P-professor Lindly…you don’t understand! She was taunting me!” she complained. The professor narrowed her eyes in response.

                “The student you’re accusing of taunting you happens to be my best student who works hard in my class, unlike you. From what I’ve heard, she was merely giving you advice. In my opinion, you could learn a lot from her advice, seeing as you have nothing but failing grades in my class.” This shut Laura up immediately as she looked down at the ground in shame. “Return to your seat, and I will overlook your actions,” ordered Professor Lindly.  Laura nodded and immediately returned to her seat.

                “That was totally awesome!” exclaimed Shuang as class ended. “I’ve never seen Laura look so defeated! You sure taught her a lesson!” Liqiu smiled at her and giggled.

                “I only stated what I thought. She was being annoying.”

                “Still, I’ll bet she’s never going to want to mess with you again.”

                “Oh, I wouldn’t say that,” said Professor Lindly, coming up from behind them. “Laura may have been beaten down today, but I’ve seen her do some nasty things to others out of revenge. She’ll want to get back at you for what you said.”

                “I figured as much, but she deserved what she got,” stated Liqiu as she put her textbooks into her bag. “By the way, thank you for stopping her from slapping me. It saved me the trouble of reporting her.” Professor Lindly laughed.

                “No problem. I can’t have some girl damaging my best student’s face over something as small as that.”

                “You just don’t want to get in trouble with the head of the department,” said Liqiu, grinning. Professor Lindly held her hands up in defeat.

                “Caught red-handed,” she stated, making the three of them giggle. Her expression then turned serious. “But what exactly caused her to confront you like that?” Liqiu’s smile suddenly left her face. Turning away slightly she sighed.

                “She was talking about meeting her favorite singer.”

                “Ah,” Professor Lindly replied knowingly. “She must have annoyed you because she reminded you of the fact that there is a very small chance of meeting that singer of yours.” Liqiu nodded silently.

                “Even if I achieved my dream of becoming a singer, my chances of meeting him are still slim. After all, I’m planning on auditioning for SME, and he isn’t exactly on friendly terms with them.”