Chapter 4: Passion vs Love

Sing for Me

Jaejoong’s POV:

                It’s been so long since I’ve last been in a relationship. I never thought I would go on for so long without finding someone. Even my parents are disappointed that I have yet to find the girl for me. They want grandkids after all. But how am I supposed to find the one if none of the girls I meet understand my deep passion for the music I create? I groaned. This seemed almost hopeless.

                Junsu suddenly poked his head through the door. “Hyung, are you sick? I heard you groaning.” I rolled my eyes at him.

                “I’m not sick. I’m just frustrated.”

                “Frustrated with what?”

                “I can’t seem to find the right girl for me, and my parents are getting anxious,” I explained.

                “Oh,” he said.

                “What’s this about finding the right girl? Did you actually find someone? Are you getting married?” asked Yoochun, suddenly entering the room.

                “No, no, and no. I haven’t had any luck with that.”

                “Hyung, if you don’t find someone soon, you’ll be too old to have kids. You do want kids right?” asked Yoochun.

                “Of course I want kids! I’ve been talking about it for the last couple of years!” I exclaimed.

                “Is that all you wanted? Just kids? I thought it would have been more than that seeing as how you like talking about love,” Junsu stated wiggling his eyebrows. I shoved him playfully and laughed.

                “You ert! What is going on through that sick mind of yours? I wouldn’t marry a woman just for the sake of having !”

                “I think what he really means to say is that if you don’t get a move on, you’ll be deprived,” teased Yoochun. I groaned again.

                “Not you too!” They both laughed at me then slapped me on the back.

                “Cheer up hyung! I’m pretty sure you’ll find the perfect girl for you soon. I mean, come on. You have a ton of fans all over the world dying to marry you!” stated Yoochun.

                “Yeah, a lot of them would do anything just to be with you,” agreed Junsu.

                “That isn’t the problem. My fans may love me, but they don’t understand that I can’t be there for them at every stage in life. You guys understand. I mean, we’ve all experienced this. I just wish I could find someone to love who would understand and wouldn’t leave just because I’m passionate about what I do.”

                “It’s what we all wish for,” stated Yoochun after a moment of silence.

 

Yoochun’s POV:

                I’m rather shocked. Never have I seen Jaejoong-hyung so serious. I guess he’s been thinking about this a lot lately. He has a point though. None of us have been in relationships in a long time. It just became depressing after all the break ups.

                “Excuse me, but it’s time for you to go on,” said a stage manager, interrupting my thoughts. I smiled and nodded.

                “I’ll be right there!”

I sighed as she left. Now isn’t the time to dwell on these thoughts. I’ll wonder why he’s been thinking about this so much later when we have free time.