Chapter 7:The Thought That Wouldn't Go Away

Seoul Search

 

Chapter 7: The Thought That Wouldn't Go Away

                Min Ho shook his head. That girl was so familiar, but where had he seen her? He shook his head and focused on the task at hand. He made his way into the studio and up the stairs. Their schedule was packed, so he had to hurry to catch up to the others. He ran into the studio, setting his hands on his knees to catch his breath.

                “Ya! Hyung, where have you been?” Taemin asked as he was getting his hair curled and makeup applied.

                “Nothing, just late, that’s all.” He walked over to the empty chair in front of a vanity with his name on it, and was swarmed by makeup and wardrobe people.

                “Min Ho, are you focused today, 친구?” Onew asked, he came over, and patted him on the shoulder. Min Ho looked up at him with raised eyebrows. Onew lifted his hand, and walked away.

                “Yo man, what’s been up with you lately?” Key came over and leaned on him. “Huh, Min Ho?”

                “I said, nothing, I’m just tired.” He snapped, as she shook Key’s hand off of him. Key looked upset, but then threw back his head, and went off in a huff.  Min Ho rolled his eyes and tightened his grip on his chair.

                ‘Who is she?’ it bothered him to his core. He needed to remember where he had seen her. It was going to bother him if he didn’t. She seemed so familiar, yet her face and name escaped him. ‘Do I even know her name?’ he asked himself. He sighed as he was let up and led into a dressing room. ‘Her eyes, they remind me of someone, but whom?’ he shook his head as he buttoned up his shirt. ‘Think about it later, Min Ho,’ he told himself. ‘You need to focus on your work right now, forget her.’ He took a deep breath, and let himself out of the room. An assistant led him to the set, a simple red backdrop, with black carpet draped over the concrete, with black furniture and a matching staircase and fireplace. There was a seat for each of them.

                Key was bent over on an ottoman, Jonghyun spread himself over the couch, Taemin lay across the loveseat, and Onew sat comfortably in a high backed leather arm chair, while Min Ho was leaning against a stool. Three hours passed, they changed sets twice, once outside in a white gazebo next to a river, the next time outside a barn on hay bales. Min Ho especially wasn’t too happy with that one, he walked away from that smelling of pig, and thoroughly disgusted.

                “모해, Min Ho? You’ve been in a bad mood all day,” He grabbed Min Ho by his collar and pulled him close. “Is there anything I can do for you?” he asked, twisting Min Ho’s tie with his index finger, leaning in closer, closer, then, just a breath away.

                “Yea, there is,” Min Ho grabbed Key by his shirt, forcing Key even closer. They were chest to chest now, sitting on a bale of hay.

                “What is it?” Key caressed his face. Turning his face inward, slowly closing his eyes, until Min Ho jerked him away.

                “Get off of me.” He tossed Key into the awaiting arms of Taemin. Taemin shook his head as Key brushed himself off.

                “Aw come on, hyung, you knew that was gonna happen, he’s been in a bad mood all day.” He giggled as he ruffled Key’s hair. Key slapped Taemin’s hand away.

                “Whatever, let’s get going, its way too hot out here for my delicate skin!” he fanned himself with his hand as he walked back to the limo.

                “That wasn’t nice Min Ho, teasing him like that,” Jonghyun playfully shook his finger at Min Ho. He smiled and put his arm around Jonghyun.

                “Not really in the mood for games today, hyung.” He said as they walked towards the limo. On the way back to the studio, Min Ho saw her again.

                ‘Who is that girl?’ he shook his head. ‘No. You have to get ready for the recording session later. Forget her for now; you have bigger fish to fry.’ He rested his head against the window, watching the skyline get darker as the scenery whipped by.

                They got out of the limo around 9:30 that night. It was going to be a long night in the studio, Min Ho could feel it.

                They entered the studio, ready to get started. The producer turned to them with a smile.

                “Hey there boys, I’m glad you’re here!” he shook their hands and sat down next to the switch board and began explaining. “I had this great idea last night, you see, Jonghyun has contributed to the album, but I was wondering if any of you would also like to volunteer. You know, compose, or write lyrics for a single. How about it guys? What do you say?” they looked at each other for a moment. He turned to Min Ho. “What about you?” Min Ho looked shocked.

                “Me? Why?” he asked, looking around for back up, but found none.

                “Well, we haven’t heard anything from you besides your rapping parts; I figured writing something more lyrical for the upcoming album. You know, an actual song, a ballad perhaps?” Min Ho thought about it. “It will give you a chance to expand your writing skills,” the producer offered.

                “Come on, Min Ho, it’s a great idea, you should do it!” Key encouraged him. Onew nodded.

                “I would love to hear what you have, something from deep within,” he added. The producer nodded.

                “Exactly what I was thinking! What do you say Min Ho, will you do it?” Min Ho threw up his hands in surrender.

                “Why not? I suppose I could give it a try.” The producer clapped his hands.

                “That’s what I wanted to hear! Now, let’s get started recording some of the other stuff, alright? Alright!” so, after a three hour session, the boys went back to their limo. He saw her again.

                Her hair was down, and she wore dark blue jeans with a flowing blue top, her eyes sparkled in the moonlight. Min Ho felt his heart skip a beat. Something dropped out of her purse. He quickly went to snatch it up as he lost her in the crowd. He looked down. It was a phone.

                He picked it up and examined it. It was a small black flip phone. Suddenly, it all came back. She was the one at the airport. He had blown her off then, but now, he couldn’t stop thinking about her. He stood up and started to follow, but realized she was too far gone. He put it in his pocket, and made it back to their apartment.

                “Where were you Min Ho, I was worried about you,” Key ran to him and hugged him tightly. Min Ho patted him on the head.

                “괜찮아, hyung, I’m alright, just tired, like I said.” He hugged him back, and walked into the apartment with him.

END OF CHAPTER 7