Chapter 12: The Final Stand

Seoul Search

 

Chapter 12: The Final Stand

                He scoffed at them. Kate started to panic.

                “Jay, it isn’t what it looks like,” she stood up. He threw his hands up.

                “It ain’t my problem, whatever.” He turned around to find Key standing there.

                “Well, according to you, it is your problem, especially after what you just did to me tonight.” Jay raised his eyebrow.

                “Like what?” he asked, folding his arms across his chest.

                “Oh, you know, bearing your soul to me, crying, kissing me, grabbing my .” Key smirked as Jay started blushing, trying to recall what he had done. He shook his head.

                “Yea right, knock it off.” He tried to push his way past, but Key blocked him.

                “So, can you see where you bit me on my neck, or not?” he pulled down his shirt collar as he advanced towards Jay. He backed up and tripped, landing backside on the floor. Jonghyun Taemin and Onew shot out of their rooms to see what the commotion was about.

                “What the hell is…oh, it’s you.” Jonghyun smirked. Taemin and Onew smiled.

                “It’s about time you woke up,” Taemin piped up.

                “Yeah, now you can take a shower, you smell like rotten chicken!” Onew waved his hand in front of his face and grimaced. Jay frowned.

                “I suppose we should leave you two alone, then.” Min Ho got up from the couch and started to leave. Jay stopped him.

                “Why bother? I have nothing to say to her, why don’t you two just go back to what you were doing?” he started to leave again, but Min Ho put out his arm to stop him.

                “Why are you being such an ?” Jay shot him a look.

                “Excuse me?” he walked forward, getting into Min Ho’s face.

                “You won’t even let her explain the situation. You’re being a stubborn ; just grow the up already.”  Jay pushed him.

                “I’m not grown up? She wasn’t even adult enough to tell me she spent the night here!”

                “I wouldn’t tell you either, just look at how you’re acting!” Min Ho shot back. This took Jay by surprise, stopping him from making a snappy comeback. He shook his head.

                “What’s between her and I is none of your business-“

                “It is, especially when it happens to include us and our living space.” Min Ho stared him down. “Just talk to her. Will it really kill you to do that?” Jay looked at Kate, who was just quietly sitting there, looking at him with pleading eyes. His heart began to melt. Against all odds, he had to admit that he did indeed still love her. He took a deep breath.

                “Whatever.” Min Ho nodded, and signaled for the others to leave. They all went back to their rooms, closing their doors, one after the other. Now, it was just Jay and Kate. Alone. Jay took a deep breath.

                “So, what was that just now?” Kate just rolled her eyes.

                “I’m not allowed to hug other men? Am I allowed to talk to them at least? Or is that too, forbidden?” Jay shook his head.

“Why? Why wouldn’t you tell me? Was it really that hard to say, ‘Hey Jay, I met up with some guy friends, I’ll be staying with them tonight.' I assume you at least gave your roommates that courtesy.” Kate looked down. She had done that for her roommates. It was rather sad that she thought of them and not him. She should have thought about how it would hurt him. She looked at him.

                “Would you have listened? You didn’t let me explain at the park, you wouldn’t answer my calls, and just now you were ready to run out. Would you really have listened? Would you?” he looked down.

                “I know I was acting childish, but I was hurt. The idea of you with any other man…” he looked at her with pleading eyes. “It was more than I could bear.” She walked forward and his face.

                “You should know to trust me by now.” He grabbed her hand.

                “When I saw that picture of you and him, with his arm in yours, it hurt so badly,” he placed her hand on his heart. “I felt like I couldn’t breathe. It felt like my heart was ripping in two.”

                “I never meant to hurt you that way.” She leaned against his broad frame, holding him. “You’re right, I should have told you, what I did was unacceptable, I should have told you, or at least texted you that night, or the next day. I am so sorry for not telling you.” Tears ran down her face. “I should never have kept that from you. I understand now why it was so hard for you to trust me, or even want to talk to me. If you had done the same, I’m sure I would have reacted the same way you did.” She pulled away from him. “If you don’t want to see me anymore, I can accept that.” she turned away to leave.

                “Kate,” he grabbed her arm and made her face him. He cupped her face in his hands and made her look into his eyes. “Don’t leave me. If you really want this to work, stay with me.” She grabbed his hands and held them. They were so warm. “Don’t leave me, Kate. I lost you once for being stubborn, I’m not about to do that again.” He grabbed her shoulders and pulled her close. “I’ll never do that again,” he moved her hair out of her face, and gently kissed her.

                She grabbed him by his neck and pulled him closer. She ran her hand through his hair, down onto his arm. His arms embraced her, caressing her back. His tongue s its way into , finding its mate. He kissed her passionately, tightening his grip on her. She tightened her grip on him, grasping his hair in her hand. He slowly lifted her off the floor, leaving her to search for solid ground with her toes. He pulled away from her and looked into her eyes.

                “Saranghae. I love you so much. Don’t ever leave me.” She smiled as she caressed his face.

                “I won’t. I promise.” He pulled her close and kissed her once more.

                “Ooh!” Taemin stuck his head out from the doorway. Jay and Kate looked back. Taemin smiled as he slowly pulled away and went back to his room. Kate picked up her purse and grabbed Jay’s hand. With their fingers intertwined, he smiled at her, leading her out of the hotel.

                With honesty to rule their relationship, and love on their side, they could conquer anything. There wasn't a mountain high enough or a river wide enough to stop them now.

THE END.