Ch. 7

Why is it always...

k sorry for not updating sooner

--------------------------------------------------------

"Chunji....." Luhan knocks on the door, thinking on weather or not to open the door. But he cares for Chunji too much to let him suffer alone. He opens the door glad that it isnt locked then shut it closed locking it when he got inside. Chunji was on his bed under the covers, his head under the pillow. Luhan could hear soft sniffles.

Chunji felt the bed dip alittle as a hand touched his shoulder, "Chunji...." Luhan voice was much more clearer now.

"Sorry... *sniff* I'm sorry..." he gripped the bed sheets.

"Sorry? Why are you sorry, you getting mad was understandable..."

"B-but....I yelled... I yelled at Ricky... he didnt do anything wrong yet I yelled at him... h-he looked so scared, he was crying because I yelled at him...s-sorry..."

Luhan smiled, "It's ok Chunji... it's okay.." this was one of Chunji's good qualities, he always regrets if he had done something wrong and is wiling to apologize quickly.

"T-tell Ricky I said sorry..."

Luhan gave a confused look to Chunji, well not that he could see anyway, "Wait... why cant you tell him yourself?"

"I-I'm afraid to see Ricky's face..."

"Wha.." Luhan was confused more than ever. He knew that this wasnt Chunji at all, Chunji never once before was afraid to say sorry to them face to face, he never told anyone to say it for him, "w-why Chunji?"

"Luhan... you just moved in this house... you dont know how it works around here... please tell him for me.."

Luhan glared at the other, "No Chunji... you are going to say it, what's wrong... you have never acted like this before..."

Chunji bit is lips, "Fine... I'll say it..."

Luhan sighed, "Alright, I'll sleep of the floor today okay..." he got up but he couldnt move since someone was holding onto the hem of his shirt. He looked down and saw Chunji grabbing it, "Chunji?" he watched as the other wiggled his way to the other side of the bed pulling on the shirt like how little kids do when they pull on the clothes of someone older. Luhan chuckled, "Okay... guess sleeping with jeans wont kill me for the night.." he grabbed Chunji's pillow since he had his and climbed on the bed. He pulled Chunji and embraced him, Chunji's back facing Luhan's chest. Luhan still felt Chunji holding onto his shirt. 

Chunji, using his free hand, got something from under his pillow and placed it in front of Luhan's face. "Hmm? A bag, what's in it?"

"Our favorite..." Chunji repiled. 

Luhan took it and opened it. A smile formed on his lips, "Chocolate covered strawberries.... of course," even though the strawberries were a bit squashed he took one and brought his hand over and under the pillow where Chunji's face was hidden. Luhan used his fingers to find where Chunji's lips were, and as soon he felt the soft lips he took the strawberry and placed the tip on it, "Chunji, say 'ahh'..." the other didnt move, "I will force it down your throat..."

Chunji mouth opened a bit and Luhan push it inside, gently. He kept pushing it until it was fully inside. He felt the other chewing and he smiled. "Is it good?" Chunji nodded. Luhan took one and ate it himself, "I still prefer yours though...... is your foot okay?"

Chunji flinched, "How did you..."

"You were limpimg a bit... trying not to put pressure on your right foot.." Luhan said.

"Oh... it's fine.."

"Hope so..." Luhan mumbled. He sighed, "Chunji... the phone call..." Chunji flinched again and Luhan knew he would break down again with this subject but it was now or never, "she-"

"Why? I-I just finally was able to live my life as me... I finally escaped.. b-but.... she just had to go and find me... *sniff*...it's not fair.. dad kicked me out... so I have the right to live and be free..." Chunji quietly sobbed.

"Yea... you have the right to be free...I'm sorry, just go to sleep okay..." Luhan cooed soothing words to him. Chunji nodded and closed his eyes his breathe uneven. Luhan thought back with the conversation he had with Changjo before going up.

-Flashback-

"Hey Changjo," Luhan went up to him.

"Yea..."

"When you were shopping with Chunji, anything happen, you know... that was odd.."

"Well, there was this kid who was lost and after we went to go buy some candy for him... we saw his mom and h-"

"Okay enough said," Luhan cut him off and started to go upstairs.

"Wait what's going on, is Chunji okay?" Changjo yelled out to him.

Luhan turned back, "He's fine... you go to your precious Ricky, you like him dont you?"

-End flashback-

Luhan sighed as he held onto Chunji's hand that was still holding onto Luhan's shirt, "I'm here for you Chunji, I promise.."

----------------------------------------------

Cap came back downstairs, "Okay, Ricky is asleep.."

Niel sighed, "Good, he was a bit shaken up.."

"A BIT!" L.joe snaps, "NO, HE WAS SCARED AS HELL!!!"

Cap glared at him, "Shh... stop yelling, Ricky is asleep..."

"But what the hell was his problem, all Ricky did was ask a question and he yelled at him! What right does Chunji have to yell at him like that? Watch, just watch, when I get my hands on him tomorrow... he will regret what he done to Ricky..." L.joe shook his head.

Niel sighed once again, "As much as I would like to join you L.joe, I'm pretty sure it was an accident... I mean come on, it's Chunji..."

"Oh what just cuz it's Chunji we shouldnt get back at him, you are on his side now?" L.joe screamed at Niel.

"No," he screamed back, "I'm just saying, that it was all an accident... maybe.."

"Yea maybe... oh wait of course you are against Ricky, you dont love him as much as I do..." L.joe sneered.

"Are you kidding me, I love him much more than you guys," Niel growled.

L.joe laughed, "Right, says the guy who made his arm bleed. I almost killed you for that."

Niel gritted his teeth, "That was an accident, you were the one who pushed me!!!"

Cap groaned. He remembered that day fully, he couldnt sleep for a week with them constantly fighting and blaming each other. "Damn, it's like they're a couple..." he turned his attention away from the bickering duo and glaced at Changjo who had been awfully quiet, "You okay, usually you would be mad too, especially when i accidently bumped into Ricky, man... you never let me live it down..."

Cap was right. Changjo knew it too, he was wondering why isnt he mad also. He had been too busy thinking about Chunji, actually he was more worried about Chunji than Ricky which kind of puzzeled him. Was it the fact that he couldnt get the image of him crying out of his head? He found himself staring at the phone again. This time, he also saw that Chunji pulled the phone plug also, "I'm fine... " actually he wasnt, he was afraid what was going to happen tomorrow.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"What's for breakfast.." Luhan asked as he was rocking the chair he was sitting on back and forth in the kitchen.

"French toast... with my special topping, also Ricky's favorite breakfast..."

Luhan pouted, "Awww, how about me, what about my favorite breakfast."

Chunji giggled, which he rarely even does, at Luhan's cutesy voice, "Because..." he was startled as he felt a pair of arms wrapped around his waist, "Luhaaaan... you will distract me like this.." Chunji whined.

"Hmm..." Luhan placed his chin on Chunji's left shoulder, "but I want to watch you cook sweetie..."

"Pfft.." Chunji laughed. He forgot how they always use to act all couplish sometimes, "But honey, you can watch me over there," Chunji pouted, "see, you are making me burn the food..."

"Make me..." he hugged him tighter.

"The cake I made last night, no one ate it, so I will cut you the biggest piece and give it to you..." Chunji said.

"Umm.. okay," Luhan let go of him and turned around. He stopped, "Ricky..." 

Chunji gasped and turned around, "Ricky!"

Ricky gasped and froze when he saw Chunji, "..."

"Ricky," Chunji stepped forward and Ricky flinched and stepped back. "About yesterday... I-I.."

Ricky eyes widened afraid. He ran. Chunji gasped and ran after him, "Wait Ricky!" he grabbed his wrist, "l-listen.. I'm really s-s-sor..." Chunji stopped and his eyes widened when he saw tears running down Ricky's face, "....ry..." he let go and Ricky lost his balance and fell to the floor. Chunji flinched, "Oh my god Ricky, are you-"

"What do you think you're doing?"

Chunji froze and gulped. He knew that voice, he looked up and flinched taking a huge step back, "L-L.joe..."

L.joe walked towards Ricky, "Ricky, why are you crying?" he glared at Chunji, "what did you do?"

Chunji slightly trembled, "I-I w-was j-just..." he was too afraid to reply.

L.joe growled and grabbed Chunji's collar, "Did you yell at him again?" 

Chunji was too scared to answer as he grew pale, "DID YOU?" L.joe yelled.

Luhan watched as his hands balled up into a fist. He was mad, watching the sight in front of him, he thought it was a bit unfair. "L-L.joe stop..." Ricky said.

L.joe sighed, "Fine.." he pushed Chunji causing him to fall, the corner of the table hitting Chunji's side. Chunji gripped at his sides. Luhan's eyes widened and his eyes burned with anger.

"HEY!" he went in front of Chunji facing L.joe, "why the hell did you push him!?!?! All Chunji was trying to do was say sorry, what right do you have to accuse him of anything and push when you dont even know what happened?" Luhan pushed L.joe which only cause him to stumble back.

"What the hell do you think you're doing pushing me?" L.joe went up to his face.

Niel came running down, "What the hell is going on?"

Luhan smirked, "Oh look, shorty wants to fight..."

"What did you say!?!?" L.joe snapped.

"I said-"

"NO," Chunji grabbed Luhan's arm, "please... just.. just stop Luhan..." Chunji knew nothing good will come out of this. The results are always the same, he knows it.

Luhan was shocked and looked at Chunji, here Luhan was trying to defend him but... he looks back at the others. Luhan gritted his teeth, "Fine... you guys can make your own godamn breakfast!" he pulled Chunji up and dragged him up the stairs. 

They saw Cap coming down, "Morning gu.." they just went past him. Cap sighed, "L.joe.... what did you do?"

They were heading to their rooms and saw Changjo coming out, "Hey what happened?" he asked but they were ignored as Luhan dragged Chunji in the room shutting it closed hearing it lock. "What the heck..."

----------------------------------------------

Chunji sat on his bed and brought his knees up placing his chin in between his knees while hugging his legs. He watched Luhan fume with anger, "What the hell was that? Why did he all of a sudden yell like that, he had no right to," Luhan shouted, he was very angry. "And you," he turned to Chunji, "Why did you stop me, I couldve knocked him out..."

Chunji looked down, "It would have caused more trouble..."

"Augh! I dont get it! Why didnt you say anything, that's not like you at all!!! It's like he's obsessed with Ricky," he looked at Chunji and when he got no reply his eyes widened, "wait, so he is..." Chunji nodded. "Are the others... l-like that too..." Chunji nodded again. That's when everything clicked, why Chunji had acted so weird when he first met Ricky. Why he was all quiet and not around everytime when he happened to be with Ricky. He realized that Chunji was afraid he would like Ricky like them. "Chunji.... is this why you dont say anything.... why you dont stand up for yourself, why you didnt want to say sorry in front of Ricky.. do you feel... out of place..."

Chunji hugged his knees harder, "That's why I told you to tell him for me.... it's always like this... always, there's no point in telling them anything, I've tried before... but they dont let me... there's always one who will keep interruppting me... it's frustrating, I'm annoyed Luhan annoyed. That's why... that's why I back away.."

"Chunji.... why? Then why stay here if you're unhappy.."

"I...I didnt say I wasn't happy..."

"But arent you... dont you feel lonely, dont you feel left out... this is not right Chunji. With how you are treated like this... Chunji, dont you feel more pain..." Chunji's eyes widened, "you are suppose to be free, live happily Chunji...they are suppose to be your friend Chunji... friends dont act like that...."

"But... dont you want to protect the one you love..."

"Chunji! Stop defending them.... defend yourself.... if I feel that you are sufferimg inthis house I am taking you away with me to stay somewhere else... I came here to find you like your old self not this...."

Chunji looked up and smiled, "At least.... you are here with me..."

Luhan sighed and walked towards him, "Yea, I'm here..." he bent down and kissed his forehead, "I'll always be here...now lets go take a look at where you got hurt..."

--------------------------------------------------------

"What the heck happened," Changjo asked as he got downstairs.

"I-It wasnt Chunji-hyung's fault, h-he was just trying to say sorry but I wouldnt let him, and I fell myself L.joe-hyung, it wasnt Chunji-hyung's fault..." Ricky explained.

Cap sighed, "Why am I not surprised L.joe..."

"Hey, Ricky was crying okay, I just snapped a bit..."

"Crying, why," Changjo asked.

"A bit," Niel questioned, "are you kidding, you were about to fight with Luhan?"

"Luhan?" Changjo asked.

"Why," Cap said.

Niel shrugged, "He was probably trying to defend Chunji.. you okay Ricky?" Ricky nods and Niel heads to the kitchen.

Changjo sighed, "What now.... and what's that smell?"

"Burned french toast," Niel shouted.

Ricky gasped, "French toast? Chunji-hyung knows that's my favorite, h-he was trying to make up for yesterday... I-I think we should apologize to hyung..."

"That's a good idea," Cap agreed, "we should all say sorry to him when he comes out from his room..."

Unfortunately for them, Chunji decided to stay in his room for the rest of the day.

----------------------------------------------------

"Wake up jagiya," Luhan placed a kiss on Chunji's head.

"Hnngh..." Chunji woke up and sat up rubbing his sleepy eyes, "wha-*yawns* time..." he gasped, "what, break-"

"It's okay, I made them breakfast and I'm going to wake them up. I turned off your alarm so just get ready for school. I will be attending school tomorrow okay.. now go, I made you breakfast...."

Chunji nodded and went in the bathroom.

As he got downstairs he smelled the air and just loved it. He sat down and started eating, "Okay.... tell the others i left early..." Luhan nodded. Chunji took the last bite of cake that Luhan also cut for him and didnt get to eat yet. He went to Ricky's piece of cake and got some blue icing. He wrote a note on it then left. Luhan read and smiled, "Oh Chunji... "

Few minutes later they all came downstairs, "Since when did I have an alarm," L.joe grumbled.

"Since today, you all have alarms now so you can stop being lazy and get up," Luhan said, "I made you all breakfast, sit and eat.."

Cap cleared his throat and nudged L.joe. L.joe sighed, "I'm sorry for yesterday..."

"You should be saying that to Chunji, he got a bruise after you pushed him to the corner of the table..." Luhan stated.

"You pushed him?" Niel looked at L.joe in disbelief.

"Where's Chunji-hyung," Ricky asked.

"He left early," Luhan replied.

Changjo sighed, "So much for saying sorry..."

Ricky looked at his piece of cake and bit his lips, it had read 'I'm sorry... C.' "I'm not really hungry..."

"Ricky, Chunji made that cake for all of you... he would be sad if you didnt eat it," Luhan said, "just eat it, I dont want him to cry again..."

Ricky gasped, "Chunji-hyung cried, he never cries!" Changjo tensed, the images of Chunji crying flowed through his head. "Why didnt we say sorry yesterday..."

Luhan sighed, 'Actually he didnt cry yesterday but he was about to... plus I'm pretty sure Chunji cried much more before from when I came to live here...' he looked out the window, "Is he having a hard time in school too," he mumbled.

-------------------------------------------

Chunji sat down and waited for class to start. Luhan had given him contact lens as a present and refused to let Chunji wear those hideous glasses that his his 'cute pretty girly face' as Luhan calls it. As class started the teacher assigned them a new assignment, "Class, I will be giving you a project which will determine your grades for this quarter..." the class groaned. "Should i mark your grade as in F then..." the class then suddenly was really excited to this project. He smiled, "Okay, now you can work up to four people in your group, you can do it by yourself if you'd like but it is alot of work.."

Chunji groaned, he hated group projects. He always endded up in a group where he has to do all the work or ina group that doesnt communicate to him and wont listen when he tries to talk. But he was glad that the teacher decided to let them work individually also. He flinched when someone banged their hand on his desk. He looked up and his eye twitched.

Hoya smirked, "Hey there buddy... how about working with us on the project... what do you day..." Chunji's eyes widened, he couldnt believe this, 'I'm gonna die....'

------------------------------------------------------------

kk i updated......

sorry for not updating before

had something special to do yesterday...

but enjoy

^_^