Chapter 2 : Flashing Images

Sweet Nightmare

 

     Sooyoung cursed under her breath before turning around to face him, with a fake smile on her face "Oh why if it isn't little old Jonginnie, aren't you supposed to be in school?" the girl spoke, emphasizing 'school' as she sent him death glares with her little doe eyes.

"Shouldn't you be in college?" 

The brunette pursed her lips into a thin line before nodding slowly "Touche"

 

Kim Jongin simply grinned as he took the free seat in front of her "So what is Seoul's top student doing here, in a crappy cafe, ditching classes too?" The dark haired boy crossed his arms, locking his eyes with the brunette.

The girl let out a sigh, slowly packing her things "Im sorry but I have to go"

She had wished she could stay longer and enjoy the warm drink in peace, nevertheless, alarm bells were ringing. 

Jongin made a face, his eyebrows creasing as she slung her bag over her shoulder. Sooyoung abruptly left the quaint cafe, a goodbye nor a farewell was said to the confused boy.

'I need to keep you safe' was all she said.

 


 

 Sooyoung's lips were left agape, her kaleidoscope looking eyes turning glassy as she carressed the inked writting 'Kai' .  Although she had remembered nothing about this man, her heart would never fail to skip a beat every time she passes by that name.

"Who are you?" she whispered to herself, her fingers brushing onto the inked text.

 


 

November 30th 2011

Today's dream was undeniably hair raising and not to mention confusing. Usually the dreams id have would be direct but this time, it was merely being explained nor potrayed. The only things I saw was flashing images of the house, the stove,the colour red and myself....And that was it. 

 

 

Sooyoung closed her journal, her eyes moving towards the window, watching the rain streaming down the clear glass. It was a Thursday, another dreadful day for class.

The girl quickly got out of bed, and headed towards the stairs, humming to her favourite song ; Yellow by Coldplay. Ironic how that's her favourite song and she hates the colour yellow the most.

She made her way towards the kitchen, feeling slightly chirpy for breakfast like any other shikshin would. The leggy brunette took out two eggs and  5 strips of bacon which seemed like a minimum amount for her.

 

When you watch Choi Sooyoung cook, its like watching a professional chef cook even if it involves just eggs and bacon.

Sooyoung the stove, proceeding to fry the eggs into wonderful sunny side-ups.

The brunette glanced over the old clock hung on the wall and mentally slapped herself for still lazing around "! Im late!" the girl snapped, dropping the ladle as she dashed up the stairs, leaving the eggs cooking, the stove burning.

And what more drama would it be for strong wind to hit the curtains, moving it towards the blazing fire.

 


 

"Done" The leggy brunette encircled and tied her long brown locks into a tight bun, smilling in satisfaction.

 

Sooyoung walked casually downstairs before a certain grey cloud caught her attention "Is that smoke?"

And as a matter of fact, she found the grey smoke trailing towards the kitchen.

 

It was then when she found herself surrounded with the grey clouds.

It took her a while to actually notice that her house was on fire, literally.

Being the stubborn girl she was, instead of just calling the fire brigade, the brunette wasted more time on filling the bucket with water than actually stopping the fire.

 

"Why out of all ing days!?" The girl hissed in frustration as she continuously splash the blazing fire with water.

But the fire was too big for her, and the smoke soon engulfed her in its entirety, cutting away the oxygen and visibility in the room. Sooyoung was finding it more and more difficult to breathe, the smoke was like poison to her lungs. 

 

She fell to the floor, coughing hard and struggling to breathe. The lack of oxygen is impairing her ability to stay awake. Inwardly, Sooyoung cursed her bad luck. She knew she should've been more cautious with the signs of the images in her dreams.

Her eyelids were getting heavy against the weight of the smoke, but she could've sworn she saw a figure running through the fire towards her. The last thing she remembered was her name being called out.

 


 

Sooyoung closed the red journal shut, a long sigh escaped her lips as she squinted her eyes shut.

The brunette could feel her head spinning and pounding.

The most frustrating part of it all was that she couldn't remember any of that happening.

 

She opened her eyes slowly,  staring at the mysterious book in her hands with curiousity  "What in the world are you?"

 


Chapter 2 : Flashing Images