Chapter 3 : Moving In

Sweet Nightmare

 

Sooyoung sat up on the bed, sweating and panting heavily.  It was just a dream. Just. A. Dream. 

Sooyoung nearly breathed out a sigh of relief before -

 

"Oh, you're awake?" Kai stirred from his sleep, rubbing his eyes.

Sooyoung gasped in suprise, almost falling off the bed "Y-you! How'd you get into my house?"

"Good morning to you too" Kai yawned, stretching his arms as he stood up from the couch. "And correction,  my house"

Sooyoung's jaw fell to the ground as she scanned the room, realizing that nothing in it was familiar to her. "Oh" was all she could say.

 

The dark haired boy smiled as he noticed the oblivious expression on the older girl's face "You probably dont remember anything do you?"

"Do I have to remember?"  the girl replied, her eyes wide somewhat frightened and panicky.

Kai chuckled and sat by the bed causing the girl to scoot further "Your house was on fire"

Sooyoung looked at him quizzically before burying her head in her hands.

 " I remember that now..." The brunette groaned in realization "But how did I get here?" the girl added, curiousity and the mix of confusion written all over her face.

Kai looked at her sympathetically, wanting to comfort her even more but held back "I happened to be passing by when I saw the house on fire...." his voice broke as he explained , clearing his throat.

Sooyoung eyed him closely. She knew there was something suspicious about it. 'It was a Thursday. His school is the opposite way from my house. Why the hell would he be walking into my neighbourhood when he should've been walking the other way' The brunette thought, but this was the last thing she should be worrying about, so she shrugged it off.

 

"I think I'll leave now" Sooyoung softly mummbled, jumping off the bed, heading towards the door.

Kai chased after her down the stairs, "Wait, Sooyoung-"

Before he had a chance to say anything, he was caught in the awkward atmosphere between Sooyoung and his father ; Sooyoung's professor. 

Kai backed away into his room slowly, "I'll be in my room" the dark haired boy nervously chuckled.

 

Sooyoung turned back to her professor and bowed "Good Morning Professor Kim. ImafraidIhavetoleavenowbye-"

"Sooyoung. Sit" 

"Wha-"

"Sit."

Sooyoung rolled her eyes, sighing in defeat as she sat on the chair infront of him. 

Professor Kim eyed the brunette closely, his hands clasped together. "I think we have some things we need to discuss."

Sooyoung finally turned to him, looking at him in the eye. "What do you mean?"

"Your house is just like a pile of black dust now. Its in ashes." 

Sooyoung swallowed. "So? I can find another house to live in." She felt like she swallowed a whole box of razor blades as she spoke.

Professor Kim knew Sooyoung was a brave and smart girl, but he also knew that she can be difficult. "Sooyoung, thats easier said than done. Your parent's savings cant help you forever. " 

Sooyoung clenched her jaw and looked away as tears threatened to spill. "So what do you want me to do now? Live by the streets? Beg for money?! Sell my body?! Is that what you want me to do?!" The girl stood up in an outburst.

 

Professor Kim remained calm in his seat. "Stay with us."

The leggy brunette's expression softened, her eyebrows raised "What?"

"Stay here. With us" Her professor repeated.

"No!" The girl yelled "Im sorry but I'll have to decline that offer" Sooyoung spoke, marching towards the door.

"Sooyoung, even if you get a job to pay for a house, where are you going to stay in the mean time? Buying a house isn't as easy as it sounds you know."

'He's got a point' Sooyoung thought, stopping dead at her tracks. 

 

Professor Kim let out a slight chuckle as the girl started walking back to him.

"Fine, i'll stay. But only till I find a new house." 

Professor Kim smiled in satisfaction. "You got yourself a deal then. Your room's upstairs."

The brunette ran her fingers through her hair, sighing "Thank you Professor."