Chapter 4 : A little secret

Sweet Nightmare

 

A/N : Guys, you shall kill me for not updating for 123456779321499231382138 years. 


 

 

Sooyoung was in her so-called new room up in Kim's residence, practically throwing herself out the window when the sad reality had finally kicked in. 

As for now, all her things, all her money, all her clothes, all her books, was all gone. Poof. Nada. Zero. None.

 

She was greatful for her professor's help and all but it just didn't sit right with her. It was too much to take in one day.

Rewarding herself with another slap in the face, she turned to the bathroom, hoping a nice cold shower would help cool her off. 

 

Unfortunately, There was a soft knock on the door, a familiar voice spoke behind it. "Noona, o-open the d-door. now. please."

"Ugh, so much for cooling off." The brunette let out an audible sigh before opening the door, revealing nothing but a pile of clothes mounted on a pair of struggling arms.

"Kai?Is that you?" 

"Yeaaah, not really the right time to be playing guess the name. A-a little help would be nice though." Kai's voice was shaky,heavy, indicating how heavy it really was.

Sooyoung snapped out of her trance, "Oh yeah, sorry." she spoke,easily carrying half of the load off him. "What is all this?" sooyoung asked, placing the pile of clothes, onto the bed as Kai followed suit. "These," the younger boy jerked his head towards the clothes, his hands on his hips. "Are all yours."

The girl blinked, laughing in disbelief. "No, seriously. What is all this?"

 

Flashback

"Appa, I think that's enough. " Kai breathed, four awfully heavy bags in hand.

"What do you mean 'that's enough' ? Girls never have 'enough' clothes. Pfft, hahah! Thats crazy talk. Now hold this." Mr.Kim shoved another pile of clothes towards him, making a turn towards the next shop.

End of Flashback

 

Sooyoung could only blink back, her lips forming an 'O' shape. "Wow." she muttered under her breath, still staring at the unbelievable amount of clothes. 

Kai chuckled, "I know." 

Kai took one more glance at the brunette before heading towards the door.

"Kai?"

His footsteps stopped, just like how his heart skipped a beat. "Yeah?" he turned to face her, trying to surpress those feelings he was getting in his stomach. 

She had open, as if she was trying to say something. But nothing seemed to come out. "Nothing. Thanks by the way." She waved it away, reassuring him with a small smile. One he had never seen before.

He nodded in responce before turning away when he realized he forgot something. "Ah, before I forget." He walked back towards her and pulled out a small red journal from his back pocket. "This slipped from your jacket. I figured it was important to you." he spoke, handing the book to her.

Sooyoung almost breathed a sigh of relief and practically snatched the journal from him . "Thank you." her smile faded, "You didn't read it did you?" 

"M-m'mm, n-no. I didnt." He shook his head.

He lied. He read every single page. 

 

Kai closed the door, leaning against it. He felt like he had just comitted a crime. He knew he shouldn't have lied, but he knew it would somehow break her heart if she knew. It was all too much to grasp onto. 

He buried his face in his hands, ignoring the headache he was having. 

It was just hard to believe. 

He didn't think much of it at first. He thought it was just a silly diary with some of her weird entries written on them, and laughed it off. But when a certain page came to his sight, he didn't know what to think anymore.

                    "February 10th, 2010

                    Dear diary,

                    I dont know what to do. I dont know what to say. 

Kai remembered the water marks on that page. She was crying. 

                    An accident. Mrs.Kim isn't going to make it.

His mother died the day after the entry was written. He remembers not seeing Sooyoung in the library that afternoon. He remembers the call his mother made just before she got on the flight back to Korea. He remembers it all. 

The boy couldn't think straight now. He was confused. 

                   I wished I could've unseen it. I wished I didn't have these dreams. They're all nightmares! This ability isn't a gift. Its a curse."

The last part left so much impact on him, He didn't know how to react anymore. 

 


 

I haven't been able to update for so long. BUT im currently having my holidays and expect more updates from me.. I guess ^^; Heh, sorry! *you guys are probably bored with me and this story. sigh sigh sigh*