Chapter 5 : A friend from the past

Sweet Nightmare

 

Sooyoung ducks her head down, her long hair doing very little to cover her face. Her eyes wandered around, making sure no one saw her. 

The brunette breathed a sigh of relief when she finally made it out of the house. A soft chuckle escaped her lips . Never would she thought that she had to sneak out again. After the death of her parents, she practically lived a life of freedom. No rules, no restrictions, no curfues.

But sometimes, those were the things she missed the most. Being told what to do, being nagged at, given curfues and advices. 

Sooyoung let out a shaky breath, rubbing her palms together.

 

"Sooyoung." A familiar voice caught her, causing her to almost jump from her skin. she cussed under her breath, ready to lash the boy for giving her a heart attack. "Kai, you little -" The sight caused her words to dissapear as soon as she turned around. 

The dark haired man smirked at the stunned brunette, amused with her reaction. "Its been a while, Youngie." 

Before the man could say anything else, Sooyoung ran towards him, suprising him when she pratically pounced on him with a hug. "Idiot." The leggy brunette cried, burying her head in his chest. "I hate you."

Kris 's handsome face broke into a soft smile, pulling her closer. "Hate you too."

 


 

Sooyoung didn't know how long they were walking around. All she knew was that she had to get back soon before her professor notices she's gone. 

It was quiet. They didn't talk much. But the silence wasn't awkward. 

Sooyoung stared at the man next to her. She noted how handsome and tall he grew up to be. Kris was always known as that dark-skinned kid that had a menacing glare that could send anyone pissing their pants. He also, which she remembers vividly, has a sharp tongue. He didn't really care about the consequences of his words. If he felt like saying it, he'll say it. Sometimes she'd wonder how they even became friends.

He'd always seem to find trouble and she was his partner in crime. Things were great, until his father shipped him off to China.

 

"Enjoying the view?" Kris smirked, loving the way how her eyes widen when he . "Anything on your mind?"

"Why'd you come back?" No resentment was detected in her tone. She was just simply curious. 

The taller man smiled. "A farewell." he spoke. Sooyoung blinked at his responce. "What do you mean? You're not staying?"

Kris looked straight ahead. "Im saying goodbye to my 5 year crush." the man spoke, turning to face her with a serious expression. She was just too dense to understand what he meant.

The brunette cringed. "Ew. God, you're sappy." Sooyoung laughed and playfully slapped the man in the arm. 

 

Judging by how the dark sky started to brighten up, It was almost dawn. The two walked back to the house.

"So how are things between you and that kid, Kai?" Kris plastered a playfull grin as he elbowed the girl by the arm. 

Sooyoung gawked at his sudden remark. She didn't bother to ask how he even knew Kai. He was one of her kind anyway. 

"What do you mean things between me and Kai?" The brunette hissed causing the man to laugh in amusement. "Dont ask stupid things, Kris."

Kris's laughter died down. "Its not." he spoke as he walked her to the door. "I saw it happen. Its going to happen, Sooyoung." he said, in a rather hurt tone.

"W-what - "

"Bye Youngie." Kris bidded her goodbye before she could even continue. 

 


A/N :Yay, I introduced a new character ^^ Okay, to sum it all up~ Kris is saying goodye to his 5 year crush to Sooyoung who is completely oblivious about it. Kris has the same ability as Sooyoung. Which means he dreamt about something that involves Sooyoung but sees her with someone else which explains how he knew Kai (through the dream) . heh. idk anymore. im losing inspirations and ideas. meh.