Alliance [Part 1]

This is War

The nails clicked against the wood as she flipped through the files. “How can this be?” she sighed in frustration as she continued to go through the papers. Her hair fell onto the table as she picked up her pen.

“Call the general,” one of her administrators announced. She quickly threw her hand to stop him from continuing the request. “But, Lead--”

“This is for my eyes only until further notice, understand?” the stress was boiling over as she continued to go through the documents thoroughly. “There has to be something missing. Someone pull up the historical archives, economic archives for the past 30 years, and any other documents you think are related to this.” Her three loyal administrators ran off to fetch her request as she placed her head down on her cold maple desk. The door creaked and her head jumped up, then flicked towards the door.

“Miss, I retrieved the files as you asked.”

“Place them on my desk and, please, leave.”

“Yes, Miss.” She laid her head back on her desk as the administrator gently laid the files on the desk in front of her. They quietly left the room. The woman closed her eyes and sighed loudly. Time ticked away as she drifted in and out of sleep.  There was a faint knock at the door and her head peaked up. The door opened and two small feet made their way to her desk.

“Yeowang Unnie,” the small girl sang as she appeared from the side of the towering desk. The girl wore a flowing pale red dress, her silky, long, chocolate brown hair was tied in two pigtails with two bright red ribbons, her tiny feet were decorated with brand new, sparkling, red flats. The woman smiled as she sat up and patted her lap. The girl climbed onto the woman’s lap.

“What’s wrong?”

“Unnie,” the girl pouted. “Why do I have to wear red?”

The woman’s arms held the girl tightly. “We have a conflict. You’ll have only have to wear red for the next few days.”

“C-Conflict? Is Energy mad at us?” the girl jumped up.

“No no no. Just remember that no matter what happens, you will be safe.” The girl nodded. “You just need to listen to my instructions when the time comes.” The girl nodded once more. “Now, should we go into town?”

“Yes! I want to get ice cream,” the girl giggled.

“Go find my supervisor, administrators, and your guards,” the woman kindly chuckled. The girl nodded excitedly and hopped off the woman’s lap and ran out of the office. The phone rang, her hand swiftly picked it up and placed the speaker to her ear. “Hello?”

“BoA,” the voice rang through her ear.

“What is it, Victoria?” she growled.

“Don’t give me your attitude, ‘Unnie,’” Victoria smirked. “I was going to negotiate with you about our little conflict.”

“What is it?” BoA rolled her eyes.

“We join together as... allies,” Victoria’s tone dropped from its mischievous tone to a serious and intellectual one.

“What do you want?”

“You need to protect your people and your princess.”

“Don’t bring her into--”

“I’m just saying.”

“What’s in it for us?”

“Well, full protection and technological support during the war. In return, you would give us some of your agriculture support--”

“Victoria, you’ve done us wrong one too many times,” BoA interrupted.

“I gave you proof! I cleared our name!”

“That doesn’t regain trust!” she snapped.

Victoria let out a deep sigh, “BoA, please, hear me out. We want this war to end as much as you do. Please, just consider this. I am begging you.”

“Come to the main town today and we’ll speak about it.”

“Fine.”

Victoria ended the call and BoA put the phone back into its holder, stood up, and grabbed her jacket. Her supervisor, administrators, the small girl, and her bodyguards made their way into her office. The little girl ran to BoA and grabbed her hand, “Unnie! Let’s go!” BoA smiled and the girl lead the group of adults out of the building and to the car that was patiently sitting in front of the entrance. The driver stood up and opened the door, the administrators and supervisors climbed into the back, BoA, the girl, and one guard sat in the center row, and another guard and the driver sat in the front. The driver started the car and slowly began to drive.


The driver parked in front of the small garden where a group of people in formal suits stood in a circular formation. As her heels clicked against the small light gray walkway, the cicle parted and BoA smiled, "Welcome, Victoria." Victoria politely bowed along with her three guards. BoA politely shook Victoria's hand, then Victoria knelt slowly, to make sure her black skirt did not expose any part of her, she held out her hand to the small girl who shyly took the older woman's hand.

"What is your name?" Victoria smiled gently.

"L-L-Lauren..." Lauren whimpered and sunk back into BoA.

"That's a beautiful name, Lauren."

"W-Who are you?"

"Song Qian, but you may call me Victoria, I am the leader of Energy," Victoria warmly greeted.

"You're the leader of Energy?" Lauren gasped. "You're so pretty!"

Victoria chuckled, "Thank you, Princess." She stood up and BoA led the group through the garden as the two women began to negotiate and Lauren picked flowers.

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: This is the beginning of a long, complex series. There will be several polls along the way to help me build a better story. Thank you for reading.