Chapter 4

Exoplanet: K and M [Hiatus]

 

No one's P.O.V.
 
"Lulu, I've been designated as Exo-K's messenger!"
 
"Eh? What's that?" He asked with curiosity.
 
"Because of my power, I can travel easily. I'm supposed to carry information from one place to another. Do you realise what that means? I'm gonna know all that top secret stuff!" He jumped up and down with excitement.
 
"That must be interesting. And here I am, stuck in Exo-M's Elite..." The blonde haired-boy added teasingly.
 
"Elite group? Sounds cool, what is it?"
 
"In Exo-M, we have a special unit called the Elite. It is made of the 6 most powerful people of our village. Hehehe, I apparently am one of the 6 people with the most magical energy in Exo-M. As of next month, one of us will be chosen as the Leader."
 
"That's my Lulu~" The younger one pinched his hyung's cheeks.
 
"Proud, aren't cha?"
 
"...Kai?" Luhan asked hesitantly, a worried look on his face. Even though Kai had attempted to cover up his bandages with clothes, Luhan could still see a few on his forearms and head. 
 
"Yes?" 
 
"I-" He tried apologizing but ended up getting cut off by the other's words.
 
"It's okay. Don't worry." He quickly added, wrapping his arms around the frail boy's waist, leaving Lay and Chanyeol at the sides without a word to say.
 
"I'm sorry." Luhan looked down at his shoes. He felt guilty. 
 
"I said it was okay." Kai whispered into his ear. 
 
"O-ok. Why...did you come here?" He lightly pushed him away. He shouldn't be here.
 
"About that... can I talk to him alone?" Kai asked, not exactly waiting for an answer. He started activating his teleportation powers. Lay just stood there in silence, not realising the question was meant for him. Chanyeol then nudged the unicorn while whispering a 'Psss'. 
 
"Oh. I-uh. Wait! Tell me why you are here. Tell me why I shouldn't call for Kris. After this morning's warning, you dare come back here again?" 
 
"It's none of your business. I need to tell him something." Kai said, now impatient. 
 
"How do I know you aren't here to hurt Luhan? I want to trust you, but I can't..." 
 
"Lay! Kai wouldn't hurt me. So please? Nothing will happen, I promise." Before Lay had a chance to even reply, the two disappeared.
 
"Ugh. I offered to come here with him but got ditched." A voice came from behind him. Chanyeol walked over to where Lay was and squatted. "That brat." He raised his head to look into the older guy's eyes. "So tell me, why are you so protective of Luhan?"
 
"None of your business." He imitated Kai's angry tone, making Chanyeol laugh. 
 
"It'd be nice if Exo-K and Exo-M could co-exist."
 
"...Yeah."
 
~~*~~*~~*~~*~~
 
He had seen him use his power so many times but it never fails to amaze him. He stared in awe till Kai broke the silence.
 
"Listen. You have to get out of here."
 
"What?"
 
"You're in danger... I can't really tell you more than that."
 
"Why? Wait, if I am in danger, doesn't that concern Exo-M as well? Should I" He seemed hesitant to continue. "tell Kris?"
 
You could hear a bit of anger in Kai's voice. "No. Don't."
 
"Then what?!" Luhan shouted. "Why can't you tell me? I- Do you not trust me enough?" 
 
"That's not it." He sighed, "If I tell you, you have to promise me you won't tell anyone else."
 
"I promise." He looked at him with sincere eyes.
 
"Ok." He inhaled a long breathed and then started talking. "War. Exo-M is planning on declaring war on Exo-K."
 
"How did you know that?" Luhan gasped. "It was top secret information."
 
"Pff." He scoffed. "I'm a messenger and also a spy, remember? I'm supposed to know stuff like this. Mind if I continue?" 
 
"Oh. Yes, go ahead." He said, laughing lightly. He looked at Kai, his expression changing when he saw the dark look on the tanned boy's face. 
 
~~*~~*~~*~~*~~
"Are you Kai's brother?" asked Lay as he sat down next to Chanyeol.
 
"Yeah, why?" 
 
"He convinced you to come right?" Chanyeol nodded his head. "You should teach him a few things. That kid'll endanger the people around him."
 
"As if I didn't already know that." The taller one stated as he rolled his eyes.
 
"Yixing! Where's Luhan?" A voice came from behind. Both turned their heads to see two people running towards them. A panda-like tall dark-haired guy with lots of what seemed to be dark circles. Behind him was an even taller blond guy, who Chanyeol instantly recognised. Kris. He widened his eyes in shock.
 
It seems as if Exo-M's leader remembered him as well. "You, what are you doing here?" 
 
Chanyeol stood up immediately. He didn't expect Kai to take such a long time. "..."
 
~~*~~*~~*~~*~~
"We recently found out there was a crack on the Tree of Life's trunk. It's magical power has been leaking out and we're afraid it won't last much longer."
 
"That crack. Was it because of those people?"
 
"I don't think so. But your idiot Leader thinks that they were ordered to do so by our council."
 
He took another deep breath and went on, "There's not enough energy remaining to keep both of our groups alive. Both of our councils thought of solutions to that problem. One of the solutions is that we can eradicate half of Exoplanet to keep the other one alive. That what both of our groups opted for. Obviously, it wasn't their wisest decision. The other solution is what those people deemed as a better way of solving things. It requires finding a person with a lot of magical power. They'll have to attach themselves to the tree and supply it with their vital power."
 
Kai continued, "That someone will have to stay by that tree for the rest of their lives. They'll have to leave behind their family and friends to help this planet. The one that's been chosen is-"
 
A single tear rolled down his cheek as he understood what Kai was telling him. "Me."
___________________________________________________________
I'm sorry I haven't updated in a week ;~;

muffylove thanks for commenting >~< and yes, it might be quite long xD