Chapter 3

Exoplanet: K and M [Hiatus]

 

Luhan's P.O.V.
 
"I don't understand this Exo-K and Exo-M thing. What is is supposed to mean?"
 
"Oh, that. Exoplanet is going to be split in 2 soon and the names of the two "groups" are Exo-K and Exo-M. Apparently, each group will have a leader, who is someone with a lot of power, and a council, which will discuss important stuff and give out orders."
 
"...Important stuff. Well, way to go for choosing sophisticated words."
 
"Pfft. Like you could do any better."
 
"I bet I could." 
 
I woke up underneath a tree, in the shade that it casted. I was confused because of what Kris told me. Why didn't Kai return to Exo-K? That's the safest place he could've chosen to hide in. I don't understand. 
 
I looked up and saw leaves falling off from the branches.  The colors were splendid. I really love the vegetation on Exoplanet, their colors are always vivid. I stared at them until I realised I wasn't alone. I turned around and was surprised to see that it was the person who dragged me away earlier. He was looking at me with his usual unicorn stare. 
 
"Lay, why did you listen to him?" I asked. 
 
"I didn't want you to get hurt." He answered, eyes looking away. 
 
"Kris wouldn't hurt me. He can't hurt me." I knew that well. "There's a reason why I was chosen as the leader in the first place."
 
"I know. That's exactly why I didn't want you to stay." 
 
"Huh?" It didn't make any sense. "I-ugh. Just let me rest for a few minutes." 
 
He just nodded and made sign for me to come closer. I just wanted to close my eyes and forget everything. Well- not everything but you know what I mean. I rested my head on his lap, hoping I could fall asleep soon. He lightly ruffled my hair and hummed a calm melody as if he read my mind. It was really soothing. I soon drifted off to sleep.
 
"Hey look, I found a really pretty leaf for you."
 
"Oh really?" I ran over to him. "Show it to me!"
 
"Ok, 1, 2, 3. Ta-daaah." It really was pretty. Starting from the stem, there was a mixture of royal blue and ultramarine blue. In the middle, the blues starting mixing up with the color at the other end of the leaf: a fiery red. It seemed as if that leaf represented fire and water. How could a simple leaf be so magnificent? I examinated every single inch of it.
 
"Wow." was all I could say. 
 
"I looked for it for a long time. That one caught my eye because it reminded me of you. Strong-willed but delicate. Fierce yet gentle. Just like you, it is beautiful." 
 
I was touched. "I'll treasure it." I litterally jumped on him before hugging him tightly. "Thank you."
 
When I woke up again, Lay was still there. I felt as if I've slept for days. I sat up and looked at him, mouth agape. The sun was already setting. 
 
"How long did I sleep?" 
 
"Hmm... not very long." He said sarcastically. "Perhaps two or three hours."
 
"WHAT? And you didn't wake me up?"
 
"I didn't want to disturb you. Your sleeping face was too cute." He told me teasingly.
 
"Cut the cheesy crap." 
 
He quickly added, "I also wanted you to see the sunset. Isn't it amazing?" I turned to look at the horizon.
 
"It is." Thoughts of earlier today came flowing back. I knew Lay was pretty close to Kris and so, I had so many questions to ask him. I decided to start with one that's been on my mind for a while, "Are you on my side?"
 
"Hmm? What do you mean by that?" Of course he wouldn't understand. What kind of question was that?
 
"Uuuh, never mind." 
 
Though, I think he did understand what I meant, I didn't mention it again. We just sat there, without saying a word. I still wanted to ask him stuff but it seems as if 
 
Brr- it's cold. I felt the wind getting stronger. Leaves were flying around and it didn't feel normal at all. Magic. I was sure of it. 
 
"Wha-what's happening?" Lay quickly took my hand in his. We both turned around to stare at what was happening.
Leaves and dirt rised up in the air, forming a whirlwind. We had to cover up our eyes to prevent anything from getting in them. Plus, the wind was really strong. I felt that if I was even a bit lighter, I would've been blown away. When it seemed to have calmed down a little bit, I managed to open my eyes just enough to catch a glimpse of the whirlwind. Inside it, I saw two familiar silhouettes. A really tall one and one that's slightly shorter. They started walking towards us. I don't know if I should be scared or not. Are they here to harm us? 
 
I could finally see them from up close. I stared at the shorter one of the two, eyes wide open, finally realizing who they are. Those broad and strong shoulders that make him seem so confident. Those dark brown locks that match perfectly with his tanned skin. Those chocolate brown eyes that no one could resist... I could recognise them anytime, anywhere. I slowly made my way to him, leaving Lay behind. I reached out my hand to caress his bandaged cheek. 
 
I managed to utter his name, "....Kai?" 
__________________________________________________________________
I added main pictures o(≧w≦)o even though I at editing pictures ;w;
I'll get better one day ...i think 
PS: I maybe won't update for a while cause I have school -_- gomenasai~
and thank you to all my subscribers o.o I didn't expect this much 
enjoy this gif of kai doing aegyo while waiting: