Emergency Room

Masked Romance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 7: Emergency Room

 

 

 

 

 

That night, Daehyun could barely sleep. The feeling of Youngjae's lips on his still lingers, haunting Daehyun's dream in a sweet way. But oddly, in the next morning, Daehyun didn't wake up in glee like he originally thought he would. He instead woke up with a weird feeling, like something bad was going to happen. Of course, Daehyun wanted to go to school today to see Youngjae, but he also just wanted to curl up under his bed sheets. It was truly an odd sensation and Daehyun had to push it aside when he got a cute text message from Youngjae.

To: Dae

From: Youngjae

Message: hey c: can't wait to see you today! ♥

Daehyun bit his lip softly, a small smile forming on his lips. He chuckled low and replied with a simple: 'yeah, me too' before he started to get dressed. Over the weekend, he had decided to re-do his hair. Yeah, of course, it was still dark brown but he put red and light blonde highlights in his bangs and trimmed it a little. He got bored, what do you expect?

"Daehyun! Time to go to school! Would you like a ride?" His father called from downstairs. Daehyun went to the door and knocked three times, meaning that he'll be down in 5 minutes. Knocking or simple body communication is how Daehyun would communicate with his father. He would set up codes for different knocking and body motions so his father would know what he is saying or trying to say.

Daehyun slipped on a pair of black skinny-jeans, a black v-neck long-sleve shirt and a black leather jacket. Quickly grabbing his usual black mask, his phone, his shoes, and his bookbag, he launched down the stairs and into the livingroom. His father looked up at him and smiled, tossing him an apple. Daehyun caught the red object, nodding his head in thanks before taking a bite out of it. His father chuckled and grabbed his keys, leading his son out to the car. Daehyun got into the passenger seat and continued to nom on the apple happily as his father drove him to school.

"So...are you and Youngjae a couple?" His father asked. Daehyun nearly choked on the apple as he looked at his father with wide eyes. His dad laughed, lightly shaking his head. "It's just a question, son." Daehyun huffed and shook his head no before taking another bite out of the half-eaten apple.

"Oh. Well, you should work on that." His dad said. Daehyun rolled his eyes and punched his dad's shoulder. "I know, I know! It's none of my business, but still." Daehyun chuckled low and the car pulled up to the curb outside of the school. He took off his seatbelt and grabbed his bag, getting out of the car. He waved goodbye to his father before walking towards the school. His father watched him before he smiled softly and continued driving to his job. Daehyun tossed the apple into the trash-bin beside the school and pushed the double-doors open, striding to his locker.

GYM..Science...and Academic. Great. Two of the top 5 worst classes ever, Daehyun thought to himself before shoving his un-needed school supplies into his school locker. Unbeknown to him, was a jock watching his every movement. Daehyun hummed a tune quietly to himself as he exchanged the items that he needed into his bookbag before taking a glance at his cellphone to look at the time.

Class doesn't start until another 20 minutes. Hm...I can go get breakfast and hang out in the halls for about 10-15 minutes before heading to the gym? Or should I just go to the gym and wait for Zelo? Mmh...Get breakfast, wait for Zelo. Sounds like a plan. Daehyun nodded to himself before he shut his locker door.

"Where you headed?" A voice said to him, causing Daehyun to turn and blink at the stranger. "Sorry, for I am not exactly a familiar one to you...My name is Lee. I'm not new here, since I've been a jock on the football team for 5 weeks." Daehyun nodded a little and raised his eyebrows, as if asking him what he wanted. "I just...I've had my eye on Youngjae since he first came here--" Oh, boy, here we go. "--and I just wanted to tell you that you needed to back off." Yep, I knew that was coming.

Daehyun rolled his eyes and scoffed before he turned and began walking. Lee frowned and quickly pursued after him, reaching for Daehyun's arm and spinning him around. Daehyun blinked and narrowed his eyes at him.

"Please, just...listen to me. Let me have Youngjae and I won't have to hurt you." He said. Daehyun raised an eyebrow questioningly at him. Lee sighed and looked away for a minute. Looking back at Daehyun, he reached for his jacket and lifted it to reveal a shining blade on the inside of his jacket. Daehyun's eyes widened and he took a step back before he looked up at him. "Just do what I say..."

Daehyun stared at him in shock before his eyes narrowed. He leaned in close to Lee, who blinked and leaned back a bit. "No." He whispered and Lee's eyes widened. "I will not give the man I love up to such a low-life like you, regardless if you have a damn knife or a gun. You will not intimidate me or pressure me into giving him up to you, nor will you ever convince me on doing so. For I just realized last night that I am inlove with him, whether you like it or not, he is mine."

"How do you know that for sure?" Lee growled low, narrowing his eyes at him. Daehyun chuckled low.

"Did he kiss you in front of your doorstep?" He said. Lee frowned. "I thought so. So le

Please log in to read the full chapter