Prom

Masked Romance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 9: Prom

 

 

Youngjae sighed softly and for the upteenth time, he checked his wrist watch. Prom started 30 minutes ago, and Daehyun has yet to show up. But he kept on waiting; patiently, although his friends kept on saying to just give up on him or to just go home. He'd shut them out and continue to stare at the entrance, waiting for him to show up.

"He'll be here." A soft voice piped in. Youngjae turned his head and blinked before he lightly straightened himself.

"Himchan." He said softly. Himchan stared at him, his date - Moon Jongup - behind him. Himchan sighed softly and turned his head, looking at the entrance before he looked back at Youngjae.

"He'll be here." He said. Youngjae blinked and watched him walk over to Jongup and gently tug him away from the scene. Youngjae glanced around at his friends and they all exchanged confused shrugs. Youngjae exhaled and leaned back against the wall, stuffing his hands into his pockets. He glanced up when he noticed a familiar jock approaching him, and he felt all his muscles tense. His hands balled up into fists but he restrained himself.

"Youngjae," Lee said softly as he finally reached him. Youngjae scoffed slightly and looked away. "Listen...about what I did to Daehyun--"

"If you're here to make excuses or to give me apologizes, don't bother." Youngjae said, cutting him off. Lee furrowed his eyebrows as Youngjae sent him a cold glare before he got off of the wall and approached Lee until he got into his face.

"You thought that stabbing him would make me ignore him and come running to you. It instead brought me closer to him. So I don't want to hear any pathetic excuses or apologizes. I won't forgive you. Do you hear me? I could have lost because of you!" Youngjae yelled and shoved him. Lee stumbled backwards, a guitly expression on his face. He looked away and played with his fingers.

"And that's why I wanted to apologize." He said softly. Youngjae continued to glare at him. "I realized I ed up after I pulled the knife out. I realized I ed up when I watched him get loaded into an ambulance. I realized I ed up when I saw the angry tears in your eyes as you watched him. I realized I ed up, okay?!" Tears threatened Lee's eyes and Youngjae felt himself loosen up a little. The room went silent and all eyes were on them. "But you don't know what it felt like to be in my shoes, Youngjae." Lee raised his head and looked at him. "I ing loved you since you walked into this god forsaken school when he wanted nothing to do with you. I watched you from behind, wishing that I could just come up to you and kiss you...if it would be that easy. You don't know what it's like to watch someone you love so much love someone else."

Youngjae felt something snap in him and he was about to charge before one of his friends pulled him back.

"You !" Youngjae yelled, struggling against his friend's hold before he got loose. He glared hard at Lee. "What? You think THAT will make everything okay?! For you to spill my heart out and have that as your excuse?!" Youngjae charged and grabbed him by the collar, slamming him to the wall. "I had to sit there at his hospital bed for days," Youngjae hissed as he got close to his face. "and wait for him to open his eyes. And you're telling me that your excuse what that you loved me from behind and you thought it'd be best to stab him instead of confronting me about it?! You thought stabbing the man I love would make me love you?! You need to get your head on straight--"

"Youngjae." A calm voice called out. Youngjae paused before he turned his head and looked behind him. Daehyun stood there with slightly furrowed eyebrows. His blonde hair was now newly dyed to chocolate brown and freshly cut and styled. He didn't wear a tux, he wore something casual and comfortable: a white v-neck t-shirt with a grey button-up overtop, a pair of snow white skinny-jeans with a pair of high-tops(this is the outfit I'm talking about. I know it's black jeans but let's just...roll with this plz ouo).

"Enough." Daehyun said softly before he grabbed his sunglasses and took them off. His calm, slightly worried, brown eyes - outlined lightly in black, of course - watched him. He approached him and put his hand on his Youngjae's arm. "That's enough." Youngjae turned his head and gave Lee one last glare before he let him go. He turned his attention back to Daehyun, observing his attire. Daehyun blinked and looked down at himself before he looked at Youngjae, who wore a black tuxedo except the jacket was hanging on the back of the chair somewhere and the white dress-up shirt was one or two buttons un-buttoned with the sleeves rolled up.

"Nice outfit." Youngjae complimented with a small smirk. Daehyun gave him a look.

"Hey, I don't do tuxedos." He said. He put his sunglasses back on and raised his eyebrows. "Deal with it." Youngjae laughed and took off Daehyun's sunglasses, putting it down with his own things. Daehyun smiled as Youngjae took his hand and leads him to the middle of the dance floor. Daehyun blinked and was abou to object before Youngjae pulled him close to him and got their hands in the right positions. Daehyun, a little flustered, look away as Youngjae gently squeezed his hand as they swayed softly. Youngjae chuckled softly.

"You got all shy all of a sudden." Youngjae said softly. Everyone began to talk amongst themselves normally again but some kept watching the two of them.

"Shut up." Daehyun said, his hand gently squeezing Youngjae's shoulders. "You of all people should know I at dancing." Youngjae laughed and gently nuzzled his nose into Daehyun's cheek.

"Well, then we can at dancing together." He said. Daehyun huffed softly, his blush slightly deepening. He felt Youngjae's arm slip around his lower back and gently bring him closer. Daehyun could feel Youngjae's heartbeat against his chest. He looked up at Youngjae as Youngjae pulled his head back and looked deep into his eyes. They stared at each other before both of them, ever-so slowly, began to lean in. Daehyun's eyes closed as Youngjae's lips pressed against his in a soft, tender kiss. Youngjae held the kiss before a few more seconds before he pulled away. Daehyun smiled an

Please log in to read the full chapter