Buried Secrets

Masked Romance
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

❝chapter 05; buried secrets
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   THE BURIED SECRETS HE HAD HELD CLOSELY TO HIS HEART WILL BE EXPOSED

a secret pasted is revealed.

- Can we talk?

Daehyun stared at the text message he had recieved from Yongguk just a few moments ago, blinking annoyingly at the cellphone screen, which was lightly illuminating the darkened room. He couldn't decided if he should talk to the male who shattered his best friend's heart. Was it a risk that he should take? Maybe Yongguk wanted to work things out wiht Zelo. Not something like that would be possible. Zelo was very effected with Yongguk's doing and it makes Daehyun extremely uncomfortable with the thought of even talking about Yongguk, knowing that he had a hidden history of his own that he shared with Yongguk. Needless to say, he was ashamed of it. However, Daehyun hated the fact that Yongguk acted like their past relationship meant nothing to him; a past relationship that caused Daehyun to go mute. Daehyun was afraid that the same thing was going to happen to Zelo, that Yongguk would forget about their relationship. But Yongguk hasn't and Daehyun can't help but feel jealous, happy, and hurt at the same time.

"Maybe our relationship really did mean nothing to him..." Daehyun thought, his monotone brown eyes staring blankly at the blinking message on the phone screen. A soft sigh escaped his plump lips as he climbed out of his bed, stumbling through the darkness and bumping into a wall. His hand s the wall until he found the light-switch and flipped it on. Although it was day time, Daehyun preferred the darkness.

The windows were completely blanketed in thick blinds that sealed the burning sunlight rays out of his room. He room was fairly small but extremely messy. Ever since Yongguk broke up with him in one hell of dramatic way, Daehyun forgot was it was to be organized and happy. So he let his room get trashed with everything and anything; dirty clothes, empty bottles of soda, CD cases, tacky photos scattered, buried under the thick layer of clothing. Honestly, Daehyun couldn't care less. He had no motive to become a better person.

The blonde-haired boy plopped down on his bed on his stomach and tossed the phone down infront of him. "I suppose I can talk to him a little bit..." He slowly took his phone in his hands and began to respond.

- About what...?

With that said and done, he threw his phone on to his bed like it was a disease trying to linger into his shattered heart. His eyes glanced up when he could hear yelling from downstairs. He parents were fighting. Again. As they have been for weeks. Daehyun hadn't had the courage to confront either one of them to see why they were fighting. Actually, his parents barely noticed their own son was even around and breathing. His mother was too focused on her on-coming child than to realize her current child's suffering. His dad, however, wants to spend time with his son but his boss keeps pilling work on his shoulders and all of that causes him to work late to try to get it done.

"What is there to talk about?" Daehyun thought as he sighed, turning his emotionless attention back to his blinking cellphone that he could barely afford. He snatched his phone and opeend the message up. His eyes widened at the two words presented to him. His eyes shook and he threw his phone away from him, scooting back on his bed until his back hit the cold headboard. He stared at th

Please log in to read the full chapter