Waking Up

Masked Romance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: Waking Up

 

 

 

 

 

A pair of caramel brown eyes slowly fluttered open, starring up at the white ceiling above him. His head ached and pounded every second, making him flinch slightly and grip on to the smooth sheets. He could hear a distant woman talking on the phone, probably in another room. Blinking softly to regain his blurry vision, the bell rang, causing him to yelp a bit and cover his ears as his head pounded. When the bell had stopped ringing, he slowly took his hands away and could hear students talking in the hallway. Turning his head, he looked at the main door of the room, seeing students walk left and right in front of the door. Printed on the glass door, backwards from the inside, was Nurse's Office.

Nurse's Office, huh? Guess I'm still school. Ugh, what a drag...Wait, how'd I get in here?

Daehyun closed his eyes as he suddenly recalled the past. Gym class. Soccer. Jock kicking the ball. The ball went straight for him. The next part was slightly blurry but he could remember being carried in someone's arms. He recalled doe-like eyes and small lips with a cute face.

Daehyun shot open his eyes. Yoo Youngjae carried me here?! He quickly sat up in the bed, groaning as his head spun. He held his head gently with one hand and touched his lip, ignoring the fact that his mask was gone, but noticing that his lip was cut a little bit.

Must of have been when the ball had hit him in the head...

Daehyun looked around and saw his mask on a small desk sitting next to a lamp. He carefully climbed out of bed and grabbed his mask, slipping it on and over his mouth.

"Ah, you're awake." A voice said. Startled by the sudden voice, Daehyun whirled around, bumping into the desk. He quickly reached out and caught the lamp that was going to fall, a pair of hands covering Daehyun's. Daehyun's eyes widened and he slowly looked at the person.

Yoo Youngjae...huh, that little prick.

"I was worried about you." Youngjae said and set the lamp back on the desk. Daehyun raised an eyebrow and stared at him. "Well, you got hit on the head in gym class and the nurse pronounced you as having a mild concussion."

Mild concussion? Sweet. No more ing gym class.

"I just got off your phone with your mother." The nurse walked into the room with a clipboard. "She wanted to take you to the hospital but I told her that it was alright since I took care of you already." She said, looking up at Daehyun. "We'll be taking you out of gym class for the entire year, since that's our policy. If you feel any sudden pains or if you feel severely dizzy, let the teacher know and she

Please log in to read the full chapter