You're Annoying

Masked Romance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter One: You're Annoying

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Jung Daehyun!" Mr. Youngwoon yelled as he slapped his long yard stick on the said student's desk. Slowly raising his head from his folded arms placed in front of him, the said student stared at the teacher with tired eyes; one half way open and one squinted. He wasn't exactly happy that he got woken up by the moody teacher in front of him. "Wake up and pay attention! We have a new kid coming today!" Daehyun scoffed but it was muffled against the black mask he wore that covered his mouth and nose. Leaning back in his chair, he stretched his arms over his head and yawn a bit too loudly. "Just for that, he gets to sit next to you for now on." Mr. Youngwoon said and walked back to the front of the glass, ignoring Daehyun's Really? look. He sighed and pulled the hood over his head, covering his white hair just barely.

Who needs Science class? Hah. Screw logic. 

"Everyone quiet down!" Mr. Youngwoon said to the whispering and murmuring class about Daehyun having a freaking seat partner. He was the only one in the class who sat alone, and enjoyed it as a matter of fact. Daehyun enjoyed lots and lots of solitude. Sitting alone and being alone was his type of style. Having a seat partner would only do bad for him and even worse for the other kid. 'Cause knowing the new kid, he'll try to make a conversation with Daehyun and it'll make him think--and it's a Monday and he doesn't even want to think rather than getting out his uncomfortable desk chair--and even more annoyed about life.

"You can come on in now!" Mr. Youngwoon said, gesturing to the door. Daehyun sighed and put rested his chin on his palm, his captivating brown eyes side-glancing the door. As if on cue, the door opened and a baby-like face with a tall, thin figure walked in. As the girls swooned and giggled, the boys scoffed and rolled their eyes. The squeals and giggles got too annoying and loud, making Daehyun frustrated. 

He shot the row of squealing girls, that were sitting in front of him, a very hard glare. He grabbed his eraser and threw it at the loudest girl amongst them, who exclaimed and turned around, gingerly rubbing the spot where the eraser had hit her. She was about to yell at him but froze in her seat as she noticed Daehyun's beautiful dagger eyes glaring harshly into her green eyes. She gulped thickly and quickly turned around, smacking her friends and telling them to shut up. Daehyun rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair.

You think you're going to sit next to me, huh? Daehyun glared at the new kid, who flashing everyone a bright smile. Yeah...that's going to happen.

"Annyeonghaseyo! My name is Yoo Youngjae!" Youngjae said and bowed deeply, making the girls giggle even more. One of the jocks groaned in irritation.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah! Take a ing seat already!" He yelled and threw a crumpled up piece of paper at him. Youngjae stood up straight and caught the paper in his hand. Daehyun blinked slightly at Youngjae's slightly mocking smirk that he was giving the jock.

"If you're going to sit here and mock the Principal's nephew," He said and a few classmates gasped a bit. Oh, please, it's not like it's the end of the ing world. "I'd be happy to get you into OSS for the remander of the school year. How's that sound?" He tossed that ball of paper back at the jock, who smushed it in his fist as he growled in anger.

"You can sit back there with Daehyun." Mr. Youngwoon said, pointing to the table that was the farthest in the back, occupied by an annoyed Daehyun. Daehyun purporsely raised his legs and rested them on the empty chair, sighing softly as Youngjae walked up the aisle, winking at girls amongst the wall.

"Um, excuse me." Youngjae said and Daehyun stared at him. "Can you please move your feet?" But Daehyun didn't move an inch. He stared at Youngjae even harder, making the younger shift nervously on his feet.

"Oh, jeepers, here we go." Mr. Youngwoon said and walked up the aisle, standing next to Youngjae.

"Jung Daehyun, you move your feet right down or you'll earn a ticket to the Principal's office." He said. With a reluctant sigh, Daehyun removed his legs from the chair and sat right in his chair, flicking the teacher off as Mr. Youngwoon walked down the aisle to the front of the room.

"Okay, open your books to page 152, please!" Mr. Youngwoon said as he began writing something on the chalk board. Daehyun groaned and fished through his bookbag until he found the thick textbook, tossing it nonchalantly on to the desk. He flipped open the book until he got to the assigned page, pausing when Youngjae suddenly moved closer. Leaning away from Youngjae, he gave him a weird look that had disgust written all over it. Youngjae looked up at him and smiled brightly, almost ignoring Daehyun's unsteady eyes.

"Sorry, I don't have a book." He whispered. "Mind if we share?" Yes, actually, I do mind. Daehyun sighed and shoved the whole book to Youngjae, as if saying Take it all, and sank into his chair. Youngjae blinked before smiling, grabbing his bookbag. Daehyun watched Youngjae in the corner of his eye as Youngjae pulled out a fresh new notebook and opened it up to the first blank white page. Youngjae grabbed his pen and began writing something down. Daehyun scoffed a bit and raised his eyes to the teacher, who was giving the most boring lecture in the history of lectures, when a note came into his view. He looked down at the piece of paper. Why don't you talk? was written on the paper in neat hand-writing. He glanced at Youngjae with a look that said You're ing joking, right? but Youngjae smiled and gestured to the paper. He sighed and began writing his response.

Please log in to read the full chapter