Chapter 5: Gone Again

Perfect Nightmare (Walking on a Dream Sequel)

 

A/N: After an unnecessarily long hiatus, I AM BACK!!!! 
-------
 
 
"What are you asking me?" Xiumin asks.
 
"Kill everybody."
-----
 
MARCH 15
 
Tao is dead.
 
Kris held him as Tao bled from his wounds.
 
It's hard to comprehend anything that is happening.
 
The image that Kris is standing in front of looks like Tao. He even smells like Tao. But, Tao is dead.
 
"T-Tao?" Kris stutters dumbfounded. 
 
The apparition does not speak or move. It just stands there in a ghostly mist.
 
"Tao? If that's you, please talk to me. I missed you so much. Are you real? Please, say something," Kris desperately pleads. 
 
The image of Tao seems to fade from his toes up. 
 
"Tao! Please don't leave me!" Kris shouts.
 
Tao's only reply is something haunting, chilling and confusing. He put his ghostly fingers to his puckered lips and disappeared.
------
 
Chanyeol sits absentmindedly spit shining shoes. He just moved to his new unit so things are pretty slow and if you want anything done right, you have to do it yourself.
 
Chanyeol hacks up a glob of saliva and aims towards the next shoe. 
 
"Ew," Chanyeol mutters looking at the spit that completely missed the shoe. "Maybe I shouldn't be handling guns if I can't even aim my own loogies."
 
He balanced himself on his knees and reaches for a tissue.
 
Chanyeol's hands crawl to wear the tissue lay. A pair of black combat boots stand next to the cloth.
 
Chanyeol looks up to identify the owner of the boots. He meets eyes with a pair of tired bags under illuminating dark orbs.
 
"Uhhh," Chanyeol murmurs. "Can I help you?" 
 
The man doesn't speak or move. He stands there looking down upon the boy. 
 
Chanyeol unbends his knees and stands to face the male.
 
He's quite attractive but intimidating in a way. Ghostly even.
 
"Sir, can I help you with something?"
 
Again, no response.
 
Chanyeol begins to feel eery. "Sir, if you don't need anything, I'm going to have to ask you to leave," Chanyeol states.
 
The man's only reply is something haunting, chilling and confusing. He puts his ghostly fingers to his puckered lips and disappears.
------
 
Lay and Chen lay on Chen's bed. Lay gently rubbing circles on the small of Chen's back.  
 
"Yixing?"
 
"Hmmm?" Lay responds in a trance.
 
"Do you think we'll die?" Chen asks.
 
Lay stops rubbing Chen's back and hugs Chen from behind. "I don't know. All that matters is that we're together, right?"
 
"Yeah, I guess," Chen replies unsure.
 
"Chennie, I love y-"
 
"Lay," Chen whisper-yells. "Who is that?"
 
Lay looks towards the door of the cabin. Standing in the the doorway is a rather ghostly figure. The male has dark bags under his tired eyes. He stands with a sort of dreadful despair.
 
Lay and Chen split immediately to hide their relationship. "We were just talking," Lay explains.
 
The man doesn't respond.
 
Chen looks at Lay warily. "Can we help with something?" He asks.
 
The man doesn't respond.
 
"Yixing," Chen whispers. "I don't like this. Something is wrong."
 
"It's okay. I'm sure it's just Suho pulling a prank," Lay says looking over to the man. "Very funny, Jumnyeon. 
 
"Oh come on! I didn't even get to scare you yet," Suho sighs peeking from the closet. 
 
Lay and Chen look at each other and then to the man standing in the doorway.
 
"Who's that?" Suho asks.
 
The man's only reply is something haunting, chilling and confusing. He puts his ghostly fingers to his puckered lips and disappears.
-----
 
"Leave me alone!" Kyungsoo shouts in frustration. 
 
"I'm sorry," Kai hangs in head in shame.
 
Kyungsoo sighs and sits down by the boy with watery eyes. "I didn't mean it. You're just so-so-"
 
"Annoying? A burden?" Kai interrupts. 
 
"It's not that," Kyungsoo mutters.
 
Kai looks at Kyungsoo in despair. "I know it is. Everyone always says that. I'm annoyingly persistant and a burden on everyone's life around me. That's why I joined the army, so I could be worth something. So I could do something of honor. And even still-"
 
"Shhhh," Kyungsoo shushes the crying boy. He wraps his comforting arms around Kai's strong figure. Looks can be deceiving. Kai looks masculine and gruff but on the inside he is a scared boy.
 
Kai pushes himself out of Kyungsoo's arms. Kyungsoo stares blankly at the boy who he thought liked him. "Don't confuse me. If you don't like me, don't comfort me, don't hold me...." Kai trails off.
 
"Jongin, it's not that. It's just-"
 
 
"Shh," Kai shushes tightly. He points to the figure standing before them.
 
"Who are you? Are you a new private?" Kyungsoo asks. 
 
No response.
 
"What the hell? Look man, whoever you are, we are having a private conversation. Don't you think it's a bit rude to just stand and eavesdrop?" Kai inquires. 
 

The man's only reply is something haunting, chilling and confusing. He puts his ghostly fingers to his puckered lips and disappears.

 
------
 
"Tao!!" Baekhyun screams, awakening from his repeated nightmare. He looks around for a few moments and wipes a trickle of sweat off his forehead.
 
Baekhyun keeps thinking he has seen or heard from his dead lover. It's all a big hallucination.
 
"Tao..." Baekhyun whispers to himself. "Why are you playing with me? Why do I see you everywhere I go? Why is it that all I ever seem to think about is you? Why-" Baekhyun chokes on the last words. "Why did you leave me."
 
Baekhyun is overwhelmed by a sudden and freezing chill. He turns to face the breeze. 
 
"T-t-tao?" Baekhyun stutters and stammers. 
 
"I didn't leave you," Tao whispers. He walks to the love of his life and places a lifeless hand over Baekhyun's heart. "I'm always right here."
 
Then he's gone. Just like that. In the blink of an eye. Gone. Again.
------
 
A/N: I hope this chapter was not a complete disappointment. Please let me know :)