Drabble 5_One of the Same

Math Class Drabbles

 

 

The sound of bustling students entering the classroom fall deaf to Kyungsoo's ears as his attention was into the novel in front of him. He had his legs pulled up to his chest, chin resting on his jean clad knees while a thick book was propped up on the desk by his delicate fingers. Unconsciously, he shivered. Unluckily for him, he'd been seated right under then venting, forcing him to always bring some sort of jacket or sweater with him. It wasn't bad, per say, but the hassle of lugging around a bulging winter jacket for just for one class didn't entertain him.

 

The shrill ring of the bell stops all discussion of the other students and the teacher rises from her seat. "Today we'll be working on what you've learned from chapter 8. You'll be working on pages one-hundred and twenty-three to one-hundred and twenty-four. You have all period to work on it." Several hands shoot up and the teacher sighs, "Yes, you may work with partners. Only in groups of two though. Be quiet as well."

 

Quiet mummers travel around the classroom; students pairing up with other classmates and mutely planning who got to do what questions. Kyungsoo groans and looks up from his book. He rubs at his eyes tiredly and bends backwards on his seat, stretching his cramped back and arms. As he did, his cardigan pulls up along with his white t-shirt, revealing a strip of pale and slender belly. A moment of dazed confusion hits him and he smiles, eye glazed over from reading. He pokes a finger at his belly, watching in innocent fascination as the flesh yielded to his touch.

 

"I'm so soft..." He giggles.  A shadow suddenly looms over him and he blinks. “Yixing-hyung?

 

Said person blushes at the site of Kyungsoo’s exposed belly, and looks back to see his ten other companions shamelessly eyeing the petite male up. Annoyed, he swiftly, and easily, pulls Kyungsoo up by the arm. The latter almost trips, but his other hand comes up to the older's chest just in time to catch himself.

 

He stumbles a bit but regains his balance, “Yah! Be gentler!” He glares, but at the same time he’s trying to blink away the sleepiness from his eyes. He succeeds at resembling a disgruntled baby kitten.

 

Yixing chuckles and tugs him to the front of the classroom. “Let’s get you a textbook. I’ll be your partner.”

 

Kyungsoo pouts, “But I don’t want a partner…” But he walks with him anyway.

 

When the duo finally reach the shelf containing the books, the only textbook left is nestled way at the top. Kyungsoo eyes it judgingly, silently calculating if he’d be able to reach it or not.

 

Apparently coming to the conclusion that he was indeed fit for the job, Kyungsoo reaches forward, placing his weight to the balls of his feet. He wavers for a second as a rush of déjà vu hits him, and slumps back entirely once he realizes his fingers just barely brush the edge of the shelf.

 

Yixing grins and places a hand on the small of Kyungsoo’s back. Using the inches he had on the other, his other hand reaches up and grasps the heavy textbook with ease. He waves it teasingly in front of the younger male's face. “Is that what you wanted?”

 

Kyungsoo frowns and turns away, mumbling something about ‘stupid tall people and their stupid height advantages’. As Yixing makes a move to walk to Kyungsoo's seat, a newcomer pokes the latter's shoulder.

 

Kyungsoo tilts his head in confusion, “Xiumin-hyung?” When a textbook is presented to him, he scratches his head. “Umm…”

 

Xiumin sends a small smirk to Yixing but quickly plasters on a dazzling smile when Kyungsoo looks back to him. “Do you want to be my partner? I’m not that great at math so maybe you could help me.”

 

Yixing rolls his eyes and snakes a hand around the wide-eyed boy's waist, “No, Kyungsoo already said he’d pair with-” He’s cut off when his supposed partner slips from his grip and moves to Xiumin’s side.

 

“Sure Xiumin-hyung! Since you’re not a smelly tall person, I’ll be your partner!”

 

“Wait! But…”

 

Yixing is left alone and speechless after the shorter two skip away to Kyungsoo’s seat. He sulks and grudgingly walks to his desk, not before passing Xiumin though.

 

“I’ll get you, you little bun. No one takes away my Soo baby and gets away with it.”

 

Xiumin smirks back, eyes roaming over Kyungsoo hunched form in a predatory manner.

 

“We’ll see, smelly tall person.”

 

Authors Note:

Oh my god what did I just write ;A; I'm sorry, I had this idea and although I said I wasgoing to update on Friday's, this wouldn't leave me alone. I seriously have always liked height difference in a couple, like if one was taller than the other I'd find it to be the cutest thing ever. Same thing with exo since all their heights are all over the place xD I read on a website that Kyungsoo, Suho, Xiumin, and Chen are all 173 cm (the shortest; Baelhyun is 174) and Lay and Luhan are about 178 cm so yeah...

 

Don't worry though, I might still update on friday, but no promises~