Drabble 9_Pure_Souls

Math Class Drabbles

 

“So…”

 

“Yeah…”

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun face each other, eyes averting their gazes as they shift uneasily in their chairs. It’s about fifteen past three in the afternoon and most of the other students had gone home already. Kyungsoo, being the classroom helper and having the pure soul of a Nobel Prize winner, stayed back to assist the other students in need to math tutoring. Baekhyun happened to know this piece of information. How? We don’t know. But he was glad he did know as Kyungsoo was the most adorable thing on the planet. Finally, was having his time alone with him.

 

Kyungsoo coughs and brings a hand to his lips, mouthing a small apology. Baekhyun nods, heart swelling from the other’s smallest actions because how can someone be so cute? His eyes became dazzling stars in adoration, comically shining and glittering. He slightly resembles a lovesick puppy, and Kyungsoo being the cute, oblivious love interest with a heart shaped print on his back.

 

“The most basic thing you need to know about fractional exponents is that the denominator represents to the root you’ll take and the numerator represents the power you’ll rise to. When…”

 

Baekhyun cuts him off, too dazed to realize Kyungsoo was still talking, “You have really nice handwriting. It’s so cute…” He squeezes his eye shut, squealing from the utter cuteness and child-like manners from the younger. He doesn’t realize how odd he looks, but for the matter he doesn’t care.

 

The petite male freezes, stopping in the middle of drawing the curve to the number nine. He looks down at his paper and scrunches his nose, mystified by his statement.  His writing was by all means standard; except for the fact that he liked to dot his i’s with stars and add fancy(in his opinion)lines at the end of his letters and numbers. He looks up again and his head to the side, wide eyes blank with confusion.

 

“Damn,” Baekhyun curses to himself, covering his mouth and turning to the side as if the other was causing him the mini panic attack he was having, “How can he be so ing cute? I’m going to die…”

 

“Baekhyun-sshi?” A curious but sweet voice pipes from behind him, “Are you feeling alright? I think the nurse is still in…I can take you if—”

 

STOP BEING CUTE GODDAMMIT!

 

“…Ok?”

 

Baekhyun pouts, looking Kyungsoo straight in the eye, “I have a serious problem with you.”

 

Kyungsoo perks up, but not in a positive way. The tone he spoke in made it seem like he had a bone to pick with our dear Kyungsoo, whom was not used to people responding so negatively to him. “What is it?”

 

“I need you…” Baekhyun leaned in close, kittenish lips so close to the other’s ear, “to stop…”

 

Kyungsoo leaned in even closer to him, to curious to notice the elder’s wondering hands.

 

“Being….” He drawls out the last syllable with a wily smirk, slender fingers wounding their way around a slim waist to unite with each other. Just as his lips were about to whisper the last word and meet with the tender skin of Kyungsoo’s pink lips, the door to the classroom slams open with a great sound. Someone stumbles in and almost collapses on one of the desk.

 

“Kyungsoo!” The stranger rasps, chest heaving too heavily. The person in question jumps in surprise, knocking the older male off him in the process.

 

“You have got to be ing kidding me.”

 

“I’m sorry!” Kyungsoo squeaks, turning to face him again. He looks as if we were about sprint out of the room at that very moment had it not been for Baekhyun being knocked over, “Jonghyun said that Jongin just tripped down the stairs. I have to go.” Baekhyun, freezing at his words, could only nod in response. Kyungsoo high-tailed out of the room with Jonghyun close behind.

 

A beat of silence passes and Baekhyun punches the floor, “Damn…” he curses, “I hope Jongin’s alright…”

 

Even though his chances with Kyungsoo were ruined, a hurt Jongin flashes across his mind and he immediately winces, fingertips going cold while it feels like something presses down uncomfortably on his chest. Hurrying off the ground, he makes his way out of the door, towards the voices at the end of the hallway.

 

 

AUTHOR RAMBLES:

Sorry for the long delay! I had an awful writers block and I couldn't think of anything for our poor little Baekyunnie ;A; Anyways, I'M FINALLY DONE WITH ALL TWELVE MEMBERS. You know what this means?

I'M ACCEPTING REQUESTS NOW!!!!

I'll put up the form thingy in the foreword so you guys can see it!