TaoxKyungsoo Physical Education Special

Math Class Drabbles

 

 

“Alright class! Today, we’re going to play dodge ball! Rules are simple: Chuck the ball at someone and if you’re lucky, they’ll get hit.” Mr. Choi smirks and the class laughs, “Also, no head shots, stepping over the line, tackling, I’m sure you know. Go into your teams by last name. A-M on the right while N-Z on the left. You have a minute before I’m blowing the whistle to start! Go!” He presses the start button on his stopwatch as students scramble to find their correct places.

 

Amongst the mass of students, one in particular stares wide eyed at his teacher. The student’s PE shirt, Kyungsoo’s, hung over his small frame like a gargantuan curtain over a window, draping over his shoulders and riding well past his thighs. His shorts were less of a hassle, but the drawstrings were pulled to the max and tied until the knots had knots and they went down pass his knees.  Said student shook with fear, past experiences with the painful game filling up his mind.

 

. . . . No, I hate dodge ball my life.

 

“Kyungsoo, is there a problem?”

 

“No sir…” He grumbles and walks to the other side of the court. His team was coincidentally filled with his classmates such as Taemin, Minho, and various other students. He purses as his lips, weighing the options between staying with his friends and possibly get assaulted by painful round objects, or stand in the corner like a loner. A brief moment passes and he silently weeps to himself as he walked over to the corner of the playing square, adamant on not getting pelted with thick, rubber balls.

 

He nearly jumps a foot in the air when the whistle is blown, and at once a surge of pink balls rush forward, and immediately after, pained groans filled the air.

 

“Minhyuk, out! Kevin, out! Jaehyo out! Nichkhun, no head shots!” Aggressive and violent, the coach’s voice scratched Kyungsoo’s very soul, scarring it with new wounds to cover the old.

 

If I just stay in the corner—

 

!” Kyungsoo screeches and leaps out of the way, during of which he trips (again), of an oncoming ball hurled straight at his face. (Un)luckily for him, his hands brake the fall and instead of his body being sprawled out, his legs stick out at hilarious angles.

 

“Daejung.” Their couch says warningly. The culprit snickers and smirks at a fallen Kyungsoo, who ishelped up by Taemin.

 

“Don’t listen to him, he’s just stupid.”

 

“He is stupid,” Kyungsoo agrees, “But he has body advantage over me. I heard he has a sick-pack and bulging biceps, triceps, and any other -ceps that cause pain.” He whimpers and hides behind the other boy’s body.

 

Before Taemin could open his mouth to respond, the coach’s gruff voice impedes on their conversation, “Daejung, out!”

 

The younger blinks, “Oh. Well there you go.”

 

Kyungsoo nods, confused as Daejung sends him death glares.

 

 

 

 

 

As the game passed, Kyungsoo notices that everybody who targeted him was either hit with a ball or severely injured (He felt bad for Hyo who’d limped away with a painful expression). It was a curse and blessing as it deterred any possible assailants, but also a curse as three of his classmates shadowed him the entire game in attempt to avoid being hit.

 

While Kyungsoo was walking about of the boys’ locker room, all dressed and ready for his next class, Mr. Choi caught him by the shoulder.

 

“Kyungsoo, I know you aren’t excited to take PE for another year, but don’t go having people cover for you.” Mr. Choi looked at him disappointedly, slightly shaking his head.

 

“But…sir, I had no one cover for me. I was on my own.”

 

Mr. Choi nudges his head towards a student near the vending machine, a boy with black hair and lean build; Kyungsoo identified him as one of the youngest in ‘EXO’.

 

“Mr. Huang shot down any potential threat. He literally threw a ball at anybody who looked at you the wrong way. You’re lucky to have such a good friend.” He smiles and pats him on the shoulder.

 

Oh…I’ll have to thank him later then.

 

Kyungsoo misses the longing glance sent his way as he walks to math class.

 

Well, either way, it was nice of him to help me. God knows what would’ve happened if I’d been left by myself.

 

 

 

AUTHOR RAMBLES:

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update, school as been really hard for me >< I got a C and a D on two of my math quizes and my grade lowered to an A- so my parents wanted me to focus on my learning OTL So anyways, I wanted to do sort of a special since I haven't updated in a week. I hope you like!

POLL RESULTS

A) 12 (3 votes)
B) 13 (7 votes)
C) 14 (23 votes)
D)  (26 votes)

Umm....I think you should know that I'm 13....xD So I seem that old? lol

Thank you for reading and as usual, you can find me at my tumblr:

layinglay.tumblr.com