Chapter Four

Exploding Love

 

They were in some sort of park where there was one of those red and white checkered picnic blankets. There was already placed a picnic basket when they came and the whole scenario looked like some happy, go-lucky kind of American movie where it all just went wonderful.

Taemin couldn’t believe that all this had been sat up, and he was the first one to kneel down onto the blanket and look at how it all seemed so fine and romantic.

Jongin was just standing and looking at the happy Taemin. It looked like Taemin’d never been on a date before, but that didn’t matter, because Jongin liked the happy face Taemin wore and he could easily convince himself that he would love to wake up to that kind of smiling face every day. He made himself smile at the thought and joined Taemin on the blanket.

Not many people were in the park, only some mothers and children who enjoyed the lovely weather. The fathers were probably at home, working or relaxing on the couch. So the pair mostly had the entire park to themselves. No one would interrupt them and no one knew them.

Jongin placed himself in front of Taemin, he wanted to believe that it was because he wanted to seem like the perfect date, but the thought of looking at Taemin’s face every time he looked up, was pleasing.

Jongin opened the basket, which his friends had prepared. Only Jongin knew that his friends had done this. His friend’s had prepared everything; the blanket, the food, and if you asked Jongin they’d probably also prepared the little jar there was in the basket,  because it couldn’t just be a coincidence that it was put in there. When it was Jongin’s friends who had prepared or planned something, nothing was a coincidence. A plan formed in Jongin’s head when he saw the jar, it could be fun to see how Taemin would react.

“So,” Jongin said and took two sandwiches out of the basket, “do you want chicken and salad, or chicken and salad?”

A smile tugged in the corner of Taemin’s mouth. “What a lovely menu you’ve chosen. Let me just have the chicken and salad, thank you.”

Jongin handed it to him and they peacefully began to eat, Jongin stealing a glance at Taemin every now and then. The atmosphere was a little awkward, but it would probably stay like that for the rest of the rest of the day no matter what they did. You could hear them munching on the bread, chicken, salad and some kind of dressing.

Taemin was the first one to break the silence, but only because he had to fulfill one of his basic needs. “Do you have anything to drink?”

Jongin put his index finger up in the air, indicating him to wait a minute. He put his sandwich away and looked in the basket. There only was one water bottle, they had to share. That wasn’t a coincidence either, Jongin knew that.

“There’s only one bottle, so we have to share. Is that okay?” Jongin said as he took the bottle out.

“Sure,” Taemin said with a little smile, “I don’t mind.”

This comment surprised Jongin a little. Was he the first one Taemin had shared a bottle of water with? He hoped he was, but he probably wasn’t. He handed the bottle to Taemin.

Taemin’s fingers wrapped around the lid and he screwed it off. You could see how his Adam’s apple jumped up and down as he swallowed. When he was done he his lips to get the water away from his lips, but he ended up drying them with the back of his hand anyway. He offered Jongin - who had forgotten to eat - some water, but Jongin politely declined. It would be weird to think that he would place his lips on something Taemin’s lips had been on just a few seconds earlier.

Jongin quickly fixated his eyes on something else than Taemin. “Is this your first date?” he asked a little embarrassed.

Jongin sneaked a glance at Taemin who flushed a little. “Yeah, it’s my first date,” he answered while he looked at the sandwich in his hands.

Jongin took his time before he answered. He actually waited so long that it was starting to get uncomfortable, but he commented: “Then I hope you’ll enjoy your first date. I’m happy to hear that I’m your first date too.”

Jongin said everything monotone, but he meant every word he said. He didn’t like this new feeling he got when he looked at Taemin. His chest tightened, it felt hotter and he thought he could feel his heartbeat quicken. His palms got a little sweaty and he could feel the hair on his nape of rise just a little when Taemin was embarrassed, because he showed it in a cute way.

“Thank you,” Taemin muttered and smiled to the ground. He took another bite of his sandwich and the same did Jongin.

Jongin looked at Taemin the entire time they ate. Taemin tried not to focus too much on Jongin and looked at the small children who played or a humming bee, flying from flower to flower.

Jongin eagerly swallowed the last of his sandwich and began to speak rather loudly. “Do you want to go down to the sea afterwards?”

Taemin finally looked up at Jongin with his mouth full of bread, chicken and salad. He quickly swallowed and nodded, adding a little ‘yes’ too, just to make sure that Jongin noticed that he wanted to go.

“Good,” Jongin said with a pleased smile.

When Taemin had finished his sandwich, they just relaxed. Taemin was lying on the blanket while Jongin constantly had the urge to touch or Taemin’s hair. He restrained though. They actually had a real conversation, talking about what they hated about school and what their ideal types were. When they got fed up by the small-talk, they decided to go to the next location: The beach.

When they left the little park and the white and red checkered blanket, Jongin had something in his back pocket of his jeans; the little jar his friends had left for him and then he had some bread crumbs too. That was all he needed. The sad thing was that he didn’t know if this was going to ruin the beginning to a good friendship. He didn’t hope this was going to ruin anything, but only the future would know that. 


A/N: So this chapter is slightly longer ^^ I hope you enjoyed reading it~~

I don't really know what to say... I LOVE YOU!!!! I love you for reading this story and I hope you've enjoyed it so far :) 

The next chapter will be the last one T^T I actually think I'll miss you guys a little, but that's just me who's quick to bond with things xD

 

Please comment and subscribe~~  \^ᄆ^/