Chapter One

Exploding Love

 

He actually approached Taemin one day. Taemin never thought that someone as handsome as him even knew he existed. Everybody said Taemin was gay and he didn’t even try to deny it, because it was partly true. He was bi-ual; a boy who likes boys and girls. Many people were actually a little afraid of Taemin, they all thought he would fall in love with them or something, but Taemin only had one crush, a crush that would always be a crush, because he’d fallen in love with a straight guy. But this so-said-straight-guy was now standing in front of him. He was handsome as always; defined jaw, an angelic nose, plum, kissable lips and a pair of small brown eyes, which were extremely deep and mysterious. Taemin loved the boy’s looks; he looked like one of those dangerous types of boys, the boys you shouldn’t date, but unfortunately for Taemin, he was always drawn to those types of boys and girls. That was probably because he could never be one of them, his family wouldn’t accept nor allow it.

But right now, Taemin’s ideal type was standing right in front of him, smirking a little. Taemin was just standing there, making his eyes seem a little bigger than normal. He looked like a blonde girl with no brain, one of those girls who just nodded and giggled when she was supposed to. His head was empty with no sign of a thought, except for the ones that involved the guy standing in front of him: Kim Jongin. Taemin had secretly loved Kim Jongin for quite a while. He was one of the cool guys, the one who gets most of the attention anywhere he goes. He could easily get in trouble, but he could also easily get out of it again. His life seemed easy, Taemin usually thought. Taemin secretly envied Jongin, he had a lot of stuff which Taemin didn’t had. The feelings Taemin basically had were loving and jealousy, and he wasn’t proud of that.

Jongin got a little annoyed by the absently look Taemin sent him, so he began to talk.

“Hey, what’s up?”

Taemin felt like squealing, but he didn’t, because then Jongin would think he was even more strange than what he already did. Taemin’s facial expression quickly changed to a kind of cold one which showed no emotion at all. He answered coldly: “Not much.”

Jongin placed his hands in the pockets of his really tight jeans. Taemin liked those jeans, they really showed how skinny and slim legs Jongin had.

Jongin cleared his throat. “I just wanted to know if . . . You were free this Sunday?”

Taemin couldn’t believe this, even if he tried to. The Kim Jongin invited him on a date? The bi-ual little freak with red dyed and totally straight hair? The one everyone thought was ugly and gross because he always wore skinny jeans, a t-shirt and a cardigan? Sometimes even a wife beater, but it wasn’t that often he wore those. Taemin couldn’t understand what the heavens were trying to tell him and accidentally accepted the invitation a little bit too cheerfully.

Jongin took a little step back when Taemin enthusiastically answered him with a ‘yes’. He hadn’t expected this kind of reaction from Taemin. Jongin knew that he was well-liked; both genders liked him no matter what he did. It was annoying at times, but it turned out to be really useful a couple of times too.

“I’ll pick you up by the pond on Sunday at twelve then,” Jongin flashed a smile at Taemin. “See you.”

He intended to leave, because this sure was awkward. If he just hadn’t lost that bet, then he wasn’t the one who would’ve gone on a date with Taemin. He was always so unlucky when it came to bets and games. He couldn’t even remember why he’d agreed on the bet in to first place.

Jongin felt a petite hand grab his underarm and it made him turn so he faced Taemin again. He looked kind of embarrassed with his cheek a light pink.

“Uhm,” Taemin said nervously. “Where is the pond you’re talking about?”

Jongin didn’t understand Taemin’s words. Everybody knew where the pond was. Everybody. Even the losers who would never be anything, but losers. Taemin obviously didn’t know where the pond was, so that just told Jongin that Taemin was below losers, an antisocial person. One of those guys who just locks themselves up in their room after school.

Jongin sighed and changed the venue to the train station instead. Taemin knew where that was. He was already looking forward to the upcoming Sunday when Jongin left him standing with his hands pressed against his pounding chest. The Sunday was going to be perfect.


 

A/N: Next chapter to be uploaded on Saturday, I guess, or maybe Sunday, because I'm going to my grandmother's birthday "party"~