Party Part 2

54, 14, 1: 54 Tributes, 14 Districts, 1 Deadly Arena

 

We both looked at him quizzically as he waited for our response. 

"Yes you may have a word with us," I took charge and answered, ignoring my sister's pleading gaze to run away in the opposite direction.

"Come right this way," he said and led us to a nearby table.

Grace and I sat on the opposite side of the table that Dongin was on and stared awkwardly at the table wear and china spoons. Somehow the florally carved metal could be very entertaining. I desperately wished that I could just go back to the district four floor and hold my sister while I still could. Once in the games I could no longer guarantee her safety and it kills me to know that her destiny will be out of my hands. I want to be able to protect her forever and never let anything hurt her. Well I guess I could start by actually paying attention to this interview and not saying something stupid. I watched as Dongin took out a recorder and pressed a few buttons before setting in onto the table in front of us.

"It must be hard on you two." he started with soft eyes. "To both be torn from your families and to be brought to fourteen for the biggest tradition in our history as Panem." 

"Yes it is very hard." I answered honestly but rethought my answer and continued with, “But I feel honored to be a part of our country’s traditions.” I stole that one right out of Kiss up for dummies. Seohae- 1 Dongin- 0.

"How are you holding up Grace?" I stiffened at my sister being called out with a question like this. Well played old man. Seohae- 1 Dongin- 1.

"Grace don't mess anything up." I silently pleaded in my head.

"Very well actually! I met some new friends." she said with a smile while I calmed down my high strung nerves. She answered just fine don't get to anxious.

Seohae- 1 Dongin- 1 Grace- 1.

"Other tributes or staff members?" he asked, slightly intrigued now. Wait friends? Aren’t they competitors? Than what is Lee Donghae to you then Jung Seohae?

"Other tributes mostly but I like my stylist, he's really nice." she never lost her aegyo filled smile which made her little dimples faintly appear onto her porcelain like face.

Grace wins with 2 points.

"I hope those friendships turn into alliances for you in the future Miss Grace." he ended.

"And what about you Miss Seohae, how are you holding up? Any alliances in the midst?" 

"No sir. I never planned on forming any during these games. My primary goal is to get my sister out alive." I answered without one shred of doubt. But what about Donghae….? And Suho? They were both very nice. Plus I could use help if I wanted Gracie to stay alive.

"But you do know that means that you would be risking your life for the sake of hers correct?" 

"Yes sir. Trust me, her life is worth saving over mine." 

“Don’t be crazy Unnie! Did you guys know that my Unnie takes care of our mother, little brother and myself all by herself? She works extra hard so we can have good lives. If anyone should go back home it is my Unnie.” Grace jumps in and says on my behalf.

“You really do think highly of your sister Jung Grace. I hope you two can do well in our little game. May you both have good fortunes in the upcoming days.”

            Just as Mr. Kim had stood up and pocketed the recorder a butler had burst through the door and ran screaming,

“Mr. Kim Sir! Mr. Kim Sir! It’s an emergency! You need to get to the roof top immediately!” Kim looked up and scurried over to the butler. They talked for a few seconds then went through the nearest door they could find.

“I wonder what that was all about…” Grace said.

“I’m not really sure myself Gracie…” I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and led her into my embrace. “You did great in that interview Grace, mom would be so proud of you.”

“Or she would say I needed to sit up straighter and that I had a messy nose.” She giggled and nuzzled into my shoulder blade.

“Hey Grace!” a tall boy called over and waved to my sister.

“Kris hi!” Gracie got out from under my arms to wave at the new “friend”. “Kris this is my Unnie Seohae.”

“Nice to meet you.” I say to be cordial and bow slightly.

            Kris gives a similar greeting and started a conversation with Grace about life in Ten. I on the other hand get bored with the talk of livestock and ranching so I start to walk around the room to see what this party has to offer.

“Hey sweetie pie we didn’t get to finish our conversation earlier.” I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up as I turned around to see Tao’s panda eyes staring into mine.

“What do you want now?” I huffed.

“I just wanna talk. I bet you’re interested into why Mr. Fatty left with that butler hu? I can see it in your eyes.”

“How would you know about what happened?” Tao was up to something but I still couldn’t figure out what it was just yet.

“Because I was standing right by the butler when he told him that Kim Heechul tried to kill himself atop the building.” My eyes widened in shock.

“That’s impossible no one can jump off the building the force field would stop them.” He was surly just trying to get me angry now.

“That is true but no one ever said that the force field wouldn’t kill you if you slammed yourself up against it a number of times. My bet is that Luhan kid will try it next. He was born in fourteen and the brat hasn’t worked a day in his cushy little life.” I instantly got angry at him insulting Luhan. Sure he was young and weak but that doesn’t mean he couldn’t win this. Plus he seemed nice to me and not like what Tao is describing.

“My bet is that I’ll throw you off the building for saying those things about someone you don’t even know. Retract your words Huang Zitao.” I puffed up my chest and rose up onto my toes to try and reach his height but I was short as it is and he is a freaking giant! What are they feeding these guys in his district?

“I don’t think you are one to make threats when your sister’s life is in the other tribute’s hands Miss Seohae. I believe you should retract your words instead.” He leaned into me to emphasize his words. “Don’t you think?” he was so close that I could smell the kiwi punch he had been drinking.

“I think I made myself clear.” He leaned back out and walked off.

            Stupid me!! What the heck was I thinking? I have to make allies not competition!! I was acting foolish and stupid damnit! Think before you speak Seohae!

“Umm excuse me…could I get a word in with you Jung Seohae? It’s for the daily double newspaper in district twelve…I’d appreciate it if you talked with me for a minute.” A brunette with pretty eyes asked me with a small tap on my shoulder.

“Um sure Mister…” I waited for his name.

“Daehyun, Jung Daehyun. I’m new at the paper and they wanted me to get a word from some contestants on what they think about the tributes from our district. Oh Sehun, Lee Eunhyuk, Kim Hyoyeon and Gong Minzy.” He explained lightly.

            I sighed. Why couldn’t I just be done with interviews for the night?

“Ok I’ll answer your question.” I said bitterly.

“Umm ok…the first question I wanna ask is about the girls. Do you think they are big competition for you?”

“Well Hyoyeon is very fast on her feet and bright while Minzy is I guess you could say not so bright…she was holding the spear wrong yesterday…but she is very skilled in gathering food and preparing it. They had given us a slimy fish, that I had never seen before in the waters near my home, that was still alive and asked us to kill it, butcher it and cook it properly and she was the only one who could do it. They both will do well in this competition I believe.” I tried to not focus on the bad parts that the girls had like Hyoyeon not being able to find even one berry that wasn’t poisonous and Minzy actually never managing to hold a weapon properly out of the whole selection we had. She even held the knife wrong…

“Interesting, so if they were to pair up they would have a fighter and a person who could gather food for the both of them.”

“Exactly.” Or they would both die within the first couple days…which ever works for them.

“Now how about the two boys? Sehun and Eunhyuk?”

“Well Sehun is very soft spoken and mostly stays over to the sides where they teach you simple survival skills. He hasn’t shown us what he can actually do yet in relation to his skills. While I’ve seen Eunhyuk throw spears, knives and butcher a squirrel like a prow. He is also very strong and agile. He seems very focused on the games. I haven’t seen him not be able to do anything yet.”

“So you think highly of our district’s tributes it seems Miss Seohae. What about the rest. I hear Jessica from One and Kai from Six seem to have formed an alliance and are looking for new members. I believe a few tributes such as Jung Yunho from One, Kim Hyuna from One and Do Kyungsoo from Nine have joined up with them. Do you have any plans to join them in the future?”

“Well we have a lot of other competitors here so I won’t be hasty to find alliances now. They could just come along naturally while in the games as well so I don’t plan on joining up with anyone right at this moment.”

“But what about your fellow tributes from Four? Lee Donghae and Kim Suhu? They seem capable of helping you and your sister in the games.”

“Yes the two boys are both very sweet but I can’t risk friendships blossoming from these alliances and leading to confusion of what to do. The last thing I would want to do was kill one of those two in order to save my sister.”

“You seem very protective of your sister unlike Jessica and Krystal.”

“Why wouldn’t I be Mr. Daehyun?”

“I expected you to be after some of your fellow tributes talked so highly about you. They said you could win this if not for your sister. You’d gladly kill your own self for hers to live.”

“Tributes talked about me?” ok now I was curious.

“And before you ask. No it wasn’t Donghae.”

“Then who was it?” Who the heck was talking about me for Christ sake?!?

“Let’s just say, if I was you, I’d be looking at districts Fourteen, Seven and Five. I am sure you can find friends among them just like you. Thank you very much Miss Seohae it has been a pleasure. Personally I am biases now as to who I want to win these games. I hope to see your sister after this game to get a word with her.” He reached for my hand and gave it a small peck. “Be safe young lady.” And with that Mr. Jung Daehyun was gone.

 

Hey look an update!! OK I'll admit.....the story block bug got me....(at least on this story)............but I got the mojo back!!! *little dance* also comments = faster updates. Cause it's true. Anyway enjoy :) and subscribe if you like the story. Yayay Daehyun Camio :3