Train Ride

54, 14, 1: 54 Tributes, 14 Districts, 1 Deadly Arena

Sorry about the wait ;w; stupid school had tests all last week so it's a really short update but i'll write more tomorrow.....hopefully.....maybe..... well also i'm working on another story so I could be doing that tomorrow. That's about it so heres the chapter and please comment and subsribe to tell me how i'm doing so far.

 

Seohae POV-
        Soohyun lead us threw the train and opened one of its many doors to reveal an insanely long table filled to the brim with food. There was rice, Kimchi, millions of side dishes and delicacies from all threw ought the districts. The best was the fried fish from our very own. There was just so much food...more food than I ever get in a month.
"Eat up girls; you’re going to need your strength for later." Eunbi said and ripped a piece of meat of the bone. Her, Donghae and Suho were already eating happily.
"Seohae," Gracie tugged on my shirt.
"Mm?" I mumbled without taking my eyes off the food.
"Can I eat it?" she asked.
"Only if I can!" I screeched and drug her over to the table.
        I really should pace myself with eating this food though. If I eat too much to fast my body will reject it and it will just come right back up. However as soon as I took the first bite I shoveled in the food, spoonful after handful. Next to me Gracie, Donghae and Suho did just the same though so I didn't feel too bad. I heard Eunbi grumble something under her breath that sounded a lot like pigs and she excused herself from the table.
"Don't mind her," Soohyun said. "She's a little grumpy sometimes...well all the time but you get used to it."
"Soohyun Oppa are you going to stay with us through the whole trip to District Fourteen?" Gracie asked threw a bite of rice and Kimchi.
"In different ways, while we are in districts other than fourteen and on the train I act as your guard; as does Eunbi, but when we get to District Fourteen we become your personal mentors." he wiped off the corners of his lips and smiled at us.
"So kind of like a personal trainer?" Donghae asked.
"Yeah exactly,"
"Then if you’re our personal trainer than what’s Eunbi for?" Suho piped in, finally talking.
"Believe it or not but Eunbi is the same. She usually mentors the tributes all on her own but since the tributes are doubled this year they called me. She will be teaching you guy’s skills such as weaponry, close combat and battle strategies. She is skilled in multiple fighting styles and has mastered many weapons."
"Then what will you teach us then?" Gracie asked.
"Basic skills of survival and ways to pick up sponsors while in the games."
"Sponsors? Why do we need those? I always heard about people being sponsors but they never did anything." Gracie said and went back to sipping banana milk.
"Sponsors send money to the mentors of the tributes so they can send them things they may need such as food or weapons." Suho muttered. He sure was chatty now.
"Exactly. Think of the games as one big drama on TV. People like to see the drama unfold in the games. The games are basically a big show for District Fourteen citizens." Soohyun said.
        Finally full, I stopped inhaling food only for my stomach to lurch into my throat at that moment and gag me. I quickly excused myself and speed walked to the nearest bathroom. Getting lost twice and opening I don't even know how many closet door, I finally found it. I dove into the closets stall. I really hate throwing up...So much. The first time I remember it was right after father left. Gracie and I had gone to find food since mom was at work and couldn't make us anything so we found berries. Bright red, juicy looking berries that was sweet with just a little bit of tang. However we didn't realize they were not edible until we started coughing up blood. That's when things got a little complicated and Grace and I almost died. So throwing up doesn't bring back the fondest of memories.
"Miss...?" I heard a small knock on my stall. "Are you alright?"
        The door slowly pushed open to reveal a maid, dressed in a black and white dress with a small, pinned up hat.
"Miss are you alright?" she repeated and ran to my side.
        Another round of nausea hit me and I leaned over the toilet again. The maid swept the hair out of my face for me and held it away from the toilet's rim. She rubbed small circle patterns in my back until I was done.
"I think I’m done now." I mumbled and plopped down on the floor.
"Miss are you sure you’re ok? Tributes don't normally do this, sorry for me intruding but Miss are you perhaps..." she didn't finish.
"Go on now, spit it out." I wiped off my mouth with the back of my hand.
"Are you maybe pregnant?"
"BWO??!?!?!?!?!?!" I yelled in shock and stud up. Bad move. I soon became light headed and leaned against the wall for support, slowly teetering on my feet.
Never in my life had I been....uh....ually active. I haven't even kissed a guy how could I be pregnant?
"It was just a question Miss I didn't mean any harm by it." she said while studying me.
        I now finally got a good look at her. She had whispers of dimples on her cheeks and long, raven black hair. On her left cheek she had just a hint of pinkness in her skin, was she hit? She didn't look more than Gracie's age. I instantly felt safer with her.
"Would you like me to get you anything?" she asked with caring eyes.
"I'm fine,"
"Are you positive miss? I could get you some food or water..." she persisted.
"No it's ok." I interrupted her."You've done more than enough, but I didn't catch your name." I smiled at her.
"Oh, It's"
"Jilri!" Eunbi yelled and the maid jumped. "I told you to put fresh towels in my room!" wow that little Asian knew how to yell...
"Ye-yes miss. Right away miss." Jilri bowed to both of us and scurried out of the room with bundles of towels in her hands.
"Aish that little brat does nothing." she grumbled. "What happened to you? You smell awful. Soap is in that drawer and clean tooth brushes are on the sink for you and your sister. You should try using one." she said and pushed into a stale.
How can she stand to be so bitter? I'm sure I had a much harder life than her's in District Fourteen.