chapter six ▼

A Forgotten World: Saviors

▬▬▬▬▬▬
chapter six ► take care!

» Junghye's POV

The alarm clock loudly woke me up from my dream.

I was dreaming of Luhan, again.

Even my brain misses him.

I was trying to look around my room, hoping I was on earth, in my cozy room. But to my dismay, I was in this Pang world-thingy.

This room was also cozy and the big windows made the room flood with light, what I really loved, to be honest. But, it just wans't my room at home.

With a heavy head I slowly shoved the blanket to the other side of the bed.

I rubbed my eyes lazily and looked out of one of the many windows, seeing Minzy and Tao checking up the big car which looked like one of these safari cars but a bit more modern with glasses and it was silver with white flowing lines on its sides.

I made my way into my bathroom and made myself ready for the journey that, I supposed, would take longer than I'd think and want.

 

When I returned from the bathroom and checked if I had everything with me, I took the elevator into the first story, to walk outside.

Sudae already stood there like some lost puppy, frozen, while halmeoni, Tao and Minzy ran around hastily.

"Is there so much to do?" I asked and Tao shook his head. "Not really, jie jie, but the car turned off suddenly when I wanted to check something. It should work now actually." he tapped his chin and walked into the house.

"How long will this take until we arrive on the other side and did these...things? A week, or less?" Minzy started laughing hysterically, slapping her thigh. "HAHAHA OH MY GOD, NO! This will take some months!"

Our jaws dropped to the ground, literally.

"M-months?!" Sudae stuttered and she nodded. "That city isn't just around the corner...this will take some time."

"Mm-mkay~" I nodded and Minzy pushed us into the car. "I'll miss you so much! Come home safely, neh?! Take care!" She quickly hugged us when we already sat in the car and I exhaled loudly. "I hope so too. But...I can call you anytime, r-right?"

"Of course! Halmeoni, Tao and I...anybody of us is always here!" Minzy nodded with two agreeing other people behind her.

I looked at the Wonder Tower. This isn't my home, yet I don't want to leave this either...

I started the engine and it was quite silent. I nodded and turned the key a bit again.

Sudae smiled from the other side and we started driving.

As we crawled down the steep road I gave Sudae my iPod. "You're my finger board now...you gotta help me."

"Sure." she opened the maps and I looked at the road. We had an intersection in front of us.

"Ehm...okay, the next on left, so, almost turn around." Sudae looked at the road and I nodded.

We carefully drove around the little island until we arrived the left side and I held up my arm. "High five worthy, sister!" She agreed and highfived.

"Dongsaeng? Is there any sign of the highway Minzy talked about?" I asked and looked to my left and right before pressing onto the pedal.

Sudae stated quickly. "Yeah, I can see it here...Ehm...so, drive this street down, there'll be a street but drove past here. And...yeah, on that road we'll get to the highway. It's the only road."

I nodded and did what Sudae told me.

After about a minute she broke the silence.

"Unnie...Do you miss Luhan?"

I gulped, hard, choking on my saliva. "Hmm, well...we were dating for about one and a half month...but...h-he broke up with me! Let's not talk about them..."

"I do miss Sehun...I really do...I want them with us..." Sudae spoke sadly and at that moment, I just wanted to hug her. Just that tone of her.

"Sudae~ you're depressing me..." I inhaled and pressed my palms against the steering wheel, but Sudae just groaned.

"Why are we here?! I could've just go to his house another day and we'd be all happy with our kids! But we're now here in this creepy world, stopping an evil man on doing something we don't even know!"

I glanced at her for a second. "Sudae...we can come back any time...after...we're done with this mission."

I saw her nodding from the corner of my eye and we arrived a road where we could see the highway coming our way.

"This looks really empty though. Isn't here traffic or such things?"

"Maybe we've to get onto the highway to see some more cars." Sudae added and I just drove onto it. "Hmm..."

I glanced at the road, "No cars or humans at all. It's like a death road."

Suddenly the highway got steeper and we adjusted to this height. Even weirder, from then on, no guard railing crossed our eyes. If I'd drive to much on the right side, we'd fall into the depth of nothing...or that beautiful nature that surrounded us.

"Look at that!" Sudae pointed when the highway got less steep. There was blooming nature, everywhere, it was way more beautiful than the scenery we had seen when we came here. A thousand times prettier.

"Wah~ look at these trees! They don't grow on earth!" Sudae looked out of her window like an excited kid and I chuckled. "Sudae, keep your eyes on the card."

"I can stare as much as I want!" she protested and I gave her that look. "And why do you think so?"

"At least I listened to Minzy, this highway will lead us to the desert, so, we have to drive the entire highway until its end. Now, let me continue gaping outside." She literally squeezed her face onto the glass and I laughed, driving. "Why can't you drive a car, huh?"

I'm happy I'm with Sudae. She can make me smile and make me think of other things than, for example...Luhan.

"You can sleep if you want. I just have to drive, I saw you sleepy sauntering around, it's okay." I smiled at her and Sudae beamed lightly. "Thanks, unnie."

She leaned her head against the window and soon Sudae didn't make any sounds except a steady breathing.

I sighed soundlessly for my own and took a look to my left side. There was a railing in the middle but also on the left side, no guard railing.

"Why are here no vehicles?..." I pinched my eyes again and scooted closer, looking into the wide nothing in front of me.

On the side was pure nature, but forwards, only pitch black road with some highs and lows. I nodded as I confirmed my own thought: asking Minzy about it.

I pressed the non-hologram button and soon somebody "picked up".

"Hey! Junghye?"

"Neh!" I almost whispered, "Before you're asking...Nothing happened, I'm driving and Sudae is asleep. We're on the highway right now and I just wanted to know...is this a dead road? Is nobody driving here anymore or...?"

"Ah! Right!" she chuckled on the other side, "This highway got repaired caused by a too bad condition. About ten years ago, citizen started complaining about the bad condition and only after around four years they started repairing it. They ended with the work about some weeks ago. And instead of publishing the news, they just opened it on both sides of the highway but since on our side, the steep cliff covers it up and in the desert only live a few people, nobody really crosses it."

"Ah~ okay! But here are really no humans at all..." I added and Minzy replied quickly. "Well, nobody likes driving into or through the desert."

"But thank god, you just told us to go here. Thanks again..."

"You're welcome!" her voice beamed just as sarcastic as mine.

"Junghye unnie, I have to do some stuff...I have to go again." Minzy sighed sadly and I smiled. "Gwenchana, we're fine here. See you, ehm, some time soon!"

"Neh! Bye!" We both ended the call and I looked at Sudae.

Through the glass I could see the reflection of her face clearly. Open mouth, nose pressed against the window, frowning expression and yet, she was all quiet.

"This is going to be a long trip, Ri Sudae ah." I chuckled lightly and focused on driving.

stand up again author notes   soooooooooo . . . .
 how was it? double update because asfghjkl
 idek (: ♥ i just felt like it ^^
 comment and subscribe ♥
 i hope i can update soon again, maybe around/after christmas :D