chapter three ▼

A Forgotten World: Saviors

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
chapter three ► we could teach you to fight!

» Junghye's POV

Sudae and I watched TV as Minzy entered the living room. "Guys, I know a super awesome restaurant in downtown! We've to go there for dinner!"

We looked up at her cheering face and sighed. "Well, Minzy...I think that won't be good."

Sudae smiled unsurely and Minzy blinked. "Jinjja? Waeyo?"

"See...so, when we brought Jaemin home...there...yeah, eh was this.......one guard. And uhm.......he wanted to see.......my.......ID card....and I just........was.......like.......eh, so.......yeah. I couldn't.......I, yeah, kicked him.....into.......his.......balls."

"YOU DID WHAT?!" she freaked out and I held my ears. "It wasn't on purpose, I just-"

"YEAH RIGHT! YOU KICK SOMEBODY IN AN AREA THAT WOULD DIFINITELY HURT AND YOU'RE ALL LIKE, SORRY, I SLIPPED?! Why didn't you just tell him some lies?!" Minzy waved her arms around and I shrugged.

She held the bridge of her nose before looking at us. "Okay, listen. I want to go out for dinner. Let's just go into a cute little bistro then."

We nodded and she popped her head down to the basement of halmeoni. "Halmeoni! We're out for dinner!"

"Arasseo! But don't scream so much anymore, honey!" she shouted back and Minzy blew up her bangs. "Let's leave in half an hour. The bistro is always full."

 

"What do you think, should we put on sun glasses...or so?" Sudae asked and Minzy turned around as we slipped into our shoes.

"Seriously? Sunglasses? You're some half-criminal girls not celebrities."

We sighed and left the house.

"D-do we have to use that portal, gate, whatever again?" I pointed at it and Minzy showed downwards. "But if you want to go down there. Do that, fine with me." Her smirk made me frown and I crossed my arms unwillingly.

"See? I like that kind of traveling."

"And I'd like lying in my bed." Sudae snorted and I nodded, while Minzy dragged us through the gate.

I rubbed my eyes and Minzy looked around. "Okay. No one here right now. Let's hurry a bit."

We agreed and followed her, glueing on her heels.

We quickly arrived the little bistro and entered it heartily.

It was a small, warm and loud bistro, you could almost smell the friendship under the customers.

"Sit down at the table right there. I'll order some good things." Minzy smiled brightly, showing to a table at the right back.

We went there silently, passing some drunk men, make-out couples and chicks laughing around.

"This really reminds me of home." I mumbled over to Sudae as we plumped down on two of the four seats. Minzy came too and sat down in front of me. "It'll come in some minutes. It's really delicious and famous here in Pang. I think you didn't eat that before."

"Could you tell us some things about Pang? For example, who's that stupid king, baron, whatever?" I asked and she hit me but nodded. "Don't say such things out loud!...Well, the baron is called Baron Paleah. He has his castle at another continent but he's often in this town. Making some public business and so on. By the way, halmeoni told me, on earth you have so many languages. We only have two, the one were talking and the old language. It's really difficult to speak and to learn or teach it because...ah, just ask halmeoni. She's able to speak it. And she's teasing me with it."

"Seriously...Korean? You all speak Korean? What the...K-Korean?!" I nearly shouted and Minzy laughed. "I was amazed by halmeoni. She could speak it fluently and she told me she never visited this place before. She then told me it's a language on earth. Well, I didn't believe her first but...this would've been weird, right?" 

"You are weird." Sudae beamed and Minzy moved her left wrist in circles. "Yeah, yeah, I am."

The waiter came and laid down the plates.  

"Do you want to pay now?" he asked and Minzy shook her head. "Later on, thanks."

The waiter bowed and left. "So...this gray stuff here is Pyoa. It's something you make out of milk, potatoes and eggs. These steaks are made of Chakkam. It's a big animal in the forests. Hmm, halmeoni told me it looks like a dog crossed with a cow."

"What the heck is that for an animal?" I shook my head and Minzy shrugged. "It's normal...well, taste it! And the sauce is made of mushrooms and their mold! Enjoy!"

"MOLD?!" Sudae and I squealed and she nodded, munching the food already. "But it's cooked with a high temperature. The bacterias are all gone, don't worry."  She smiled and we looked down at the light brown sauce. "Whatever. Seems like she's eating it for quite some time and she's still not dead. You aren't dead, right?"

Minzy gave me a weird glare.  

I put my hands up in surrender. "God knows what's going on with you, girl."

Minzy suddenly spun her head around and smiled. "Oh, there's a friend of me! Can I talk to her for a second?!"

We wanted to say "No, we'll die here on our own" but she already left, almost tripping over her chair.

We chucked and three boys saw her running away. Sudae and I looked the boys' way and they also looked at us. When they looked at Minzy again, one boy slightly moved over to our table.

His smile was bright and the blonde hair beamed even brighter. "Ehm, hi! We saw Minzy going away from your table...is she a friend of you?" he smiled lightly and we nodded unsurely. 

"Yeah, kind of..." I shrugged and his hand suddenly popped out. "Anywho~ I'm Kikwang! And this is Jay and this Joon." he pointed to his right and left and we shook their hands.

"How do you know Minzy? Among us, she and halmeoni are known as people who stand up for other who are disadvantaged by the Baron." Joon spoke and Jay got two new chairs for Joon and himself while Sudae blinked quickly. "Uh, we don't know by ourselves. We were shopping at home and then an ahjumma pushed us through a gate. And then we came here."

"The same universe as halmeoni?!" Jay gasped and I nodded. "I'm her grand-daughter." Their mouth shaped a big "O" and I chuckled. "Is this so weird?"

"Yeah...and we don't have gates to other universes...it's forbidden." Joon spoke but looked at Minzy and he leaned back after some time. "Ahuh, okay. Gotcha, I know it. Whatever...well, are you actually for or against the Baron if I may ask?"

"Minzy told us he's mean...so eh, I think we're in your 'team'." Sudae smiled and Jay snapped his fingers. "Wait...can you fight?!"

"Fight?! Me?! What?!" Sudae hyperventilated and I hit her. "Calm yo , girl...Well...I once was able to do Taekwondo but I think I can't do a single thing anymore." I giggled shyly and Kikwang opened his arms widely. "We could teach you to fight! We're awesome fighters! We have a little school to promote fighters. It's hidden and secret but who wants to join and fight, they can, of course. And we'd like to have you here."

"I really got to tell you- Oh guys, what're you doing here?" Minzy beamed brightly and they smiled back.

She sat down on the last free chair, searching something in her purse. "I see you met Jay, Joon and Kikwang. Were you talking about something important?"

"Just about the CLF." Joon looked at her and she nodded. "You should totally join them! Halmeoni told me how good you were in...what is it called? Taekwondo, right?"

The three boys threw me a glance that literally shouted out 'AHA, NOT A SINGLE THING?!' and I sighed. "What's that CLF actually?"

"CLF is a short name for Civil and Liberty Fighters...for people like the ones we just explained."

"Ah~" Sudae and I nodded and Kikwang looked at us. "So...do you want to join? It'd be awesome! If you already learned something it's even easier!"

"And what's with me?" Sudae called out and I looked at her. "We did it some years together."

"Just shut up." She crossed her arms and I smiled awkwardly. "Well~ I think helping while we're here won't bother, right...dongsaeng?..."

"Yeah, yeah, okay." Sudae agreed slowly and the four of them nodded eagerly.

"We're training in a storage depot. Minzy knows where. She's also a great part of the team." Joon gave her thumbs up and we gaped at her.

"Minzy?! You're able to do such stuff?! And you asked us why we didn't tell the guard lies but kicked him!" Sudae widened her eyes the most, right after me, and Minzy sat up straightly. "We don't use the ability to fight just like that on the street. We wait and train until they do something really bad like, arrest inculpable citizen or destroy the nature which is really rare around Pang City."

"And when do you do this? Like, how many times a week and what time of the day?" I questioned, started to get interested in their work.

"Hmm, everyday you're able to come and the times...From two hundred seventy to ninety degirassa people can visit the storage." Jay smiled victoriously, happy that he made us confused as hell.

"Okay, human language please. We're not from here, boy." Sudae demanded and Minzy slapped Jay's shoulder. "Just let him talk, he's a stupid tease. It's the old language. In our language it's from 3pm to 9pm. The old language counts it in degirassa, translated, degrees. Like, they calculated and watched the sun going up and down and noted the angles."

We nodded and continued eating while Minzy and the others explained normal stuff to us, carefully not to let others think we're not from here.


stand up again author notes   soooooooo third chp ;DD guys, tell me again!~~ how was it?
 and im sorry, it's shorter . . and maybe it will stay that short . . . . .  . not always! but sometimes there will be a shorter update in between long ones
 do you hate me nao?~ /:
 comment, read, subscribe
 
 if some parts are crazy, just ask me what shiz i wrote, okay? ♥ :DD
 p.s.: im alrdy on the next chappy quite a time . . . i hope i finish that soon but school is getting busier and busier and my writer's block also gets bigger and bigger, please bear with me, neh? I LOVE YOU~ (':