chapter two ▼

A Forgotten World: Saviors

▬▬▬▬▬▬
chapter two ► who are we? babysitters?

» Junghye's POV

"So, what's that with the police?" Sudae started the topic as we were driving along an empty street.

"Oh yes! Good you remind me, Sudae! Look, our Baron is a really strict ruler. There're some things which they call 'general knowledge'...It's just stupid in our opinion. Well, we're gonna tell you the most important things. Because if you get asked some questions and you don't know them you're gonna lock you up in prison or...maybe worse."

My best friend and I gulped at the same time and she shook her hands quickly. "No, no! Don't look so terrified! It's really a teensy weensy bit!"

"Wow, this helps, Minzy." I sighed loudly and the car stopped.

"Ah! We're here!" Minzy squealed and let go of the steering wheel.

Halmeoni was sitting in the passenger seat so we two sat at the back.

"Get out! We're here!" Minzy slightly shouted and we did so.

I looked up that apartment...that house...that tower...that unbelievable architecture!

"Every house here got it's own unique name...this is called 'The Wonder Tower'!" Halmeoni smiled and I couldn't breath properly as I eyed the crazy yet amazingly cool thing in front of me.

"This...is...oh, my, god, how much did you pay?!" I messed my hair, trying to count all stories and came to an amount of seven...eight with its little basement.

"Not much. Money isn't that precious here...other things appear to be more prized here." Minzy nodded, locking the car, "Let's check out if oppa did his task!"

"Who's that oppa Minzy's talking about?" I asked halmeoni and she laughed. "He's a good friend of us, and also in her age...He already helped us a lot of times and he's living in that house there." halmeoni pointed to a house near the Wonder Tower.

We entered it and...there was unbelievable much space. It was enormous from the inside.

"I know what you want to say now. This really is bigger than it looks like. A friend of us designs and makes things bigger than they actually are and than they look. We bought it and called this friend so he could make it like this." Minzy beamed a big grin and I nodded, looking onto the laminate floor. "This looks high from outside. Is this...save enough?"

"Of course! It wouldn't be called Wonder Tower without nothing behind it!" Halmeoni laughed with Minzy along and Sudae and I looked at each other before following them into the first room.

"Breath-taking-room-so-big-oh ehm gee." I said, taking a short breath after every syllable after I saw the extremely modern designed kitchen.

"I know, right? Let's search for oppa!" Minzy clasped her hands excitedly and screamed through the whole house, "OPPA! EODIYA?!"

"AROUND THE CORNER! GEEZ, DON'T YELL SO LOUDLY!" A man's voice shouted annoyingly and she winked. "I love making him tired! Let's go!"

We looked into the neatly designed dining room (of course, also super pretty) and saw a boy with jet-black hair, sitting and writing at a table. He looked up at Minzy who stood next to him. "You're getting more annoying the more I see you, Minzy."

"Sheesh, you know my happy self." She wiggled her eyebrows and he closed his eyes standing up to greet us.

He shot us a piercing stare that scared the hell out of me but smiled genuinely all at once. "Hey! I'm Huang Zitao! Call me Tao. Nai Nai told me so much about you two, especially Junghye! Be welcome here, although this house isn't mine." He bowed before shaking our hands happily.

"Sorry to tell you, but I first got scared looking at you, Tao." I swallowed and he gasped playfully. "Really? I'm scary?!"

He "bbuing-bbuing"-ed to us and we squealed at the same time.

"Not anymore!" Sudae pinched his cheeks. "Sorry. I just couldn't hold it back anymore." She laughed quietly and I nodded, doing the same. "How old are you?"

"I'm 19, so you're my jiejie, Junghye. But you're my mei mei, Sudae." He smiled at us before leading us to the table again. "Nai Nai told me much about you, like I said earlier, so I designed your rooms to your liking. Well, I hope so. Look at the plan."

We did like Tao said and he pointed at the basement. "Nai Nai's room and bathroom is here. Nai Nai is very modest and told me, she doesn't want more. So, I did so. Minzy also has only one story. I wanted to give her two but...well, she said no. Her room and bathroom are above the living room and kitchen, so in the 4th story. Now, to your stories. Nai Nai told me, you're going to be their guests, so she suggested to give you two two stories each. Both of you have one 'bathroom story' and a 'bedroom story'. I'll show you them when we go upstairs. So, eight stories all in all. Nai Nai's basement room, following by the kitchen and dining room where we are right now, then living room, Minzy's rooms, Sudae's bathroom, her bedroom, Junghye's bathroom and lastly her bedroom. And Junghye noona? Sorry to tell you, but we have to do the laundry stuff in your bathroom."

"The bathroom is underneath my bedroom, right?" I asked, blinking and he nodded.

"Then I'm fine with it...Wait! We're gonna live here?!" I slightly panicked and Tao laughed. "Of course, what did you think of?"

"THAT SOMEBODY COULD EXPLAIN THIS PLACE TO US AND WE CAN GO BACK HOME!" I in-and exhaled deeply before Minzy patted my back. "This is going to be your home for quite some time."

I nodded unsurely. "O-okay. We try to accept it for now."

"Let's show you the basement first. We don't have any stairs but since the basement is just one simple room, here are stairs." Tao explained while we went down to halmeoni's rooms.

"Oh Zitao! This is pretty!" Halmeoni smiled brightly, "You know, I didn't see it too. Well done, Zitao! I'm really thankful!"

Tao hugged her shortly before walking upstairs into the kitchen. "Let's get going! I have to do some work!"

"And how do we come upstairs? You said they're no stairs." Sudae questioned and I nodded.

Tao went to a little door in the wall. "Like this. We have an elevator here. A small one but I think the five of us will fit in there."

The elevator came, opened and we looked into it. It was indeed small...too small.

Tao rubbed the neck of his neck in embarrassment. "Sorry eh...this really is...too small for five persons. I thought it was bigger."

We squashed into it and my face was pressed hard against the wall of the elevator.

"Sorry." Tao apologized again.

"Tuck your sorry elsewhere, Mister. When we're upstairs I'll look like Voldemort."

"Hehe, Voldemort."

"Shut up, shorty!" I snorted and Sudae shut up for my luck.

The elevator opened and we jumped out of it.

"This is the living room. Take a look at it. I'll be going into the next story so, there'll be more space." He bowed shortly and disappeared.

"Ah! This is sooo beautfiul too! This looks like a king's place!" Sudae stated amazed and I just went further into the admirably living room.

"We can take another round in here in the evening. The other rooms are waiting as well." Halmeoni pressed the button for the elevator and we "drove" one story up.

There was a little floor, only about 2x2 meters big. Tao was opening the door of the actual room of Minzy, while explaining the little space in front of us. "It's just for private...I mean, just think, you're coming from downstairs and want to talk to her but burst into her room while she's dressing. So, we just designed it like that, it's in every story."

We nodded and Tao took the elevator again. "See you in Sudae's bathroom!"

The four of us stepped into Minzy's room and smiled wildly while Minzy jumped up and down. "MY EMPIRE IS SO SO SO SO SO BEAUTIFUL OMG! THANKS KUNG FU PANDA!"

We laughed at her for being so childish and looked quickly through a door that led us to her bathroom before making our way to Sudae's rooms.

 

The whole house was amazing. Sudae actually wanted to stay at her room and bathroom but she then came with me to see my bathroom and bedroom.

There are exactly two reason why I couldn't believe to live here.

This universe, world, empire, whatsoever was just too unbelievable. The second fact was.

I COULDN'T BELIEVE IN THIS HOUSE! Too beautiful.

 

"Ehm, of course. But I don't really have time...but I could ask somebody!...Neh, see you." Halmeoni ended a call she just had and looked at Sudae and me.

"Girls, I have some work to do."

"Ehm...okay, what?" I asked, looking around weirdly and she continued. "My friend isn't able to pick up her daughter who played with her friend in our neighborhood and I also have some things to organize. Would you be so kind and bring the child to her? It'd be so nice of you."

"Who are we? Babysitters?" I asked quickly but stopped again when I saw her kind of pleading expression, "Okay~ where does that woman live?"

"In the middle of Pang City. I can show you a little map of the town, because when you'd ask some people they would think of you as some weird spies and tell the the baron. This isn't so nice." Halmeoni shook her head and pulled out a brown old paper-like map. "Look here. It's really in the middle of the city. Minzy can open a gate for you to arrive there. Gates are actually not allowed in this area or even the entire Pang world...So, you'll be starting from here." Halmeoni pointed at a little forest, "You then go past this house. It looks like a big and a bit smaller square. When you passed it, there's a long street, go it down until you arrive at a house called Wooden Tower. You can't miss it. Then turn right and at the end of that street, it's the girl's house. She'll be all like, 'umma's there!' or so. I think she'd do that since that kid always does it. Good luck! Minzy? Pick up the child and open the gate."

"Neh, halmeoni!" Minzy saluted and winked to the two of us. "Follow me!"

 

"I'll be sure to take her home savely!" Minzy bowed to the woman and she closed the door, giving the little hand of the girl to me.

"Here, I'll open the gate now. Just for your information. This there is Pang City. Prettier than on the map. right?

She pressed some buttons and the ring lightened up.

I looked to Minzy. "Aren't you coming with us?"

"Haha, no! That girl's brother has a crush on me and he's an ugly nerd! No way, I'm not going anywhere near that house."

"Chicken." I muttered silently as we walked towards the gate.

"Jaemin listen. These girls here are friends of me and halmeoni, okay? They'll bring you home, arasseo?" Minzy patted the girl's head cutely and she nodded.

"Take care, guys!"

We then walked through it and appeared to be in a normal forest I was used to. At least, something normal here.

I looked to the lakeside and saw a man waving at us. We walked to him and he bowed. "Are you friends of halmeoni? Ah~ there's Jaemin again!"

Jaemin smiled and waved sweetly.

"Asking for a ride over to the city?"

We nodded and he pushed us to his boat.

 

As we arrived the other side, we bowed and thanked him

"So...your name is Jaemin? How old are you, cutie?" I asked looking down to the quirly girl.

She held up four fingers. "Four~"

"Four? That old aready?" Sudae pinched her cheeks and held her other small hand afterwards.

"You have to help us finding your house when we're near it okay?" I spoke softly and she nodded. "When I can, neh?"

"Sure, Jaeminnie." I smiled and we looked forward as some guards politely bowed to us before talking to us. "Good evening, mi ladies. How was your day?"

"Uhm, quite fine. We just have to bring that child to a friend." Sudae smiled back at him as he typed something into a thing that some kind of looked like a iPad.

"Could I see your ID card? Lately people were seen without one and it came out they were some bad people." He was still smiling but my stomach turned over and over again without my permission.

"Do we look bad? Su- dongsaeng ah, take her for a while onto your arms and look into your pockets." I said with a sweet voice before looking into my pockets.

I saw him looking at my pockets too.

I'm gonna regret this.

I took the opportunity, held his shoulders and kicked him with my entire power and knee into his maybe precious balls.

"RUN, SISTER! RUN!" I shouted and Sudae did so, sprinting even faster than me.

"No, no! Stay behind me! We have to take care of Jaemin." I spoke hastily and she nodded.

"Yah! Stop, you two!" the guard screamed angrily and Sudae pushed me from behind. "Then hurry unnie!"

"I'm doing my best, okay!" I moved my legs as fast as possible and instead of running forward, we saw guards also coming our way and ran into a little alley to our right.

"There's the end of the street! Let's run there!" I suggested and in a blink of an eye we arrived there but the guards were still following us.

"OH ! What the hell did we do that they're following us?!" I demanded and I swear, I knew Sudae was rolling her eyes at my immature question. "Eh, maybe you kicked that man in his jewels? Just sayin' out of the blue!"

"No time for jokes, Sudae ah! Where the fu- we have an underaged kid here, so, where are we?!"

She sighed and we stopped quickly.

"So..." I stunned my hands on my hips and looked around. "I don't know any of these houses but we have to bring Jaemin home before we get caught...Any ideas, saeng ah?"

"Nope, not at all." She spoke, lightly desperate. I clutched onto my hair heavily and looked around again.

Somewhere must be something we or I can recognize... I glanced in every possible direction as I suddenly found that square house again.

"THANK YOU, GOD!" I almost shouted and Sudae looked at me. "Did you find it?!"

"Not really but...when we ran away there" I pointed to the square house, then along the street, "then the way halmeoni told us must be...around there!"

"A-are you sure?" Sudae asked with a scared voice and I nodded bravely. "100%."

"I hope so!" We started running and arrived at a weird looking house. 

"Jaeminnie? Is this your house?" I asked, trying to catch my breath and for our bad luck she shook her head.

"But...do you see it?" Sudae panted and Jaemin nodded, pointing at the end of the street to a red house.

"Oh thank god!" I spoke loudly and took Jaemin onto my arms. "That poor kid got all shaken up."

"I find it funny!" Jaemin giggled and I shook my head. "Not funny at all Jaemin ah. What we had to go through just now is nothing good."

"Why did you actually kick his ing balls?...Jaemin I never said such a word." Sudae shook her finger as we tried to reach the house without making the guards follow us and Jaemin shrugged care freely. "My brother says way worse words you know."

"Wow, although he's a nerd." I chucked and rang on the doorbell before looking around carefully. Nobody here, okay.

"Who's there?" a woman's voice asked and Jaemin cheered happily. "Umma! It's me, it's me!"

"Jaeminnie! A bit quieter!" I hugged her but she understood it wrongly. She hugged me back and my hair. "Unnien neomu yeppeo! Will you visit me again?!"  

"Maybe, I don't know yet."

The woman opened the door and smiled as she saw Jaemin in my arms. "My honey!...Uhm, who are you two if I may know?"

"Oh, I'm halmeoni's grand-child Son Junghye and-"

"I'm Ri Sudae. We're friends with her...kinda." Sudae replied and I nodded. "Yeah, and halmeoni sent us to bring Jaeminnie home. She's such a cute girl."

"I hope she didn't bring you any problems." The woman smiled and we shook our heads while Sudae showed with her thumb to me. "Junghye unnie brought the trouble. She kicked...one of the guards well, uh into his private area and...they followed us a bit." 

The woman made an afraid face. "Did they saw you walking here?! We're...so halmeoni and some others, are in a council against the Baron Paleah."

"We're er, new here so..." I rubbed my neck and she nodded. "She told it me already. You're very welcomed here! And don't let you be seen in the town too often...the guards maybe know you by now. But still, thank you for taking my Jaemin ah home." Her smile got brighter and we nodded while bowing politely. 

"No problem, my halmeoni's friends are also my friends." I grinned back and she patted my shoulder. "Same here. But you should really go now. Thank you again!"

"Neh!" Sudae and I replied in chorus and disappeared quietly without getting caught again.

Is this...going to happen more often?


stand up again author notes   SECOND CHAPPEEEEEEEEY~
 EHM, LET'S PARTY?.......
 i alrdy typed the first chappies down before i even published it .. and saved it under my one shot 'Beautiful Stranger' .. so i could do all these
 html stuff ..
 i wasn't able to work with it AT ALL
 but im getting better and better :DD
 i did the entire layout on my own o__O
 really, can't believe it myself .. btw,

 I JUST HAVE TO SHARE THIS

 I LOVE THIS PIC HAHA! ♥
 OUR WUSHU KUNGFU PANDA ~ ♥♥♥♥ :DD gotta love him (:
 kindly tell me again how it was neh?

here are the some photos of "their living room"


 BECAUSE IM SO ING JELLY RN
 I WANT TO LIVE WHEREVER THAT SHIIIEEET IS!!! ♥♥♥
 1    2    3    4


 comment and subscribe guise ♥ :D
 p.s: does the author note look too pink? it first was light blue but that with this blue background
 and pink really was better (:
 YES YES IM A LITTLE TIPANI LIVING IN GERMANY SORRY I ADORE PINK YESSSS!  ._.