chapter five ▼

A Forgotten World: Saviors

▬▬▬▬▬▬
chapter five ► I don't want to seem rude but...we can't do that!

» Junghye's POV

Clean, once more, we stepped into the living room and saw halmeoni and Minzy looking at plans.

"Ah! There they are! Junghye, I need your iPod again." Minzy held out her two hands and I gave it to her again.

"What's going on here...?" Sudae asked, actually afraid to get an answer how it seemed and halmeoni stood up. "All our guardians and warriors we have are too far away...and we need somebody who can solve the problem for us."

"Halmeoni?...Do you want us to go there?!" I was paralyzed from head to toe, shocked from that statement and she sighed. "Kikwang, Joon and all the others informed me about how great you were in the fight lessons...Dear, both of you have big talents in fighting."

"Halmeoni...I don't want to seem rude but...we can't do that! We dont know where to go and where the hell this actually is!" I clutched onto my head and Minzy stoop up, walking over to me with my iPod. "Look, I have all maps in here...and I made a mitten for you. A communicator is in there because I couldn't manage to put it into the iPod."

She showed me a black mitten, no fingers, of course. There were buttons, some real ones like for pushing them for whatever and some just for closing the mitten so it wouldn't fall off.

She handled it over to me and I looked at it, also putting it on.

"Wow, you really aren't joking...what the hell do we have to do...?" Sudae touched the mitten on my right hand and accidentally she pressed too hard, so a light came up.

At the table, something started to beep.

"What the heck?!" we jerked back and Minzy pushed the button on my mitten again. "This was the button for communicating. If you push that, my phone will ring and you'll get a hologram of me, so we can talk." she exclaimed happily and we chuckled.

"Oh and by the way..." Minzy pointed next to that light blue little circle, "if you just want to talk and don't want a hologram right now, click this button with the circle crossed out...the hologram will disappear and if I call you, you can also accept or call me this way."

"My head...does nobody think of my head? It's fuming right now." I rubbed my temples and Minzy shoved my hands away. "No time for joking, it's getting serious now. We'll give you a car for coming through the big desert. If you arr-"

"Big desert, what?!" Sudae questioned and Minzy glanced at her. "You can drive! So, what? The big desert is the only way to the palace."

"I can't, but unnie can." Sudae held my shoulders and I sighed. "Thank you, Sudae ah."

"Well, I'll show you on this big map there where to go, you'll have the same one on your iPod." she nodded and led us to the map. 

"So...halmeoni, please tell them. I got to talk to someone." Minzy pardoned herself and left the room. 

"Okay girls." halmeoni said and showed to the map's end, "We're here and you got to drive here~" First her finger was drawing a normal line but it slightly turned to the left a bit before getting all curvy.

"Why can't we just go straight forward or drive straightly?" Sudae asked and pointed from the beginning to the other end of the map while halmeoni shook her head. "First, I suggest you to follow the roads if there are some, and also I recommend you to always look at the map. The roads may be big but there are plenty of branches which you can't even see properly because they're pretty flowing."

We just nodded and halmeoni pointed at some mountains and other things that caught our eye on the map. "Best is if you follow special features in the desert. For example, you once will have to pass two big mountains. It's the only road that will lead through them, take care and always look at the map, you even have to!"

Minzy came back and joined immediately. "I'll tell you something about the first roads, we weren't there either so...but whatever, there's a button with a star on your mitten, this is a lamp. I think in the desert isn't really light if yes, then because there are some houses but only at the end and beginning. So if you need some light, there you go! Just wanted to tell you..."

"And what was that with the roads?" I looked at my iPod, Minzy just gave me back. "Oh right! So, the car is already outside, and since we live on a high cliff just drive it down the other way. At the end, a long highway awaits you. You got to drive to its end, the desert will then come. Did halmeoni already told you about the mountains, branches and stuff?" We nodded quickly and Tao entered the house. "Hey to all of you! Minzy? Here you go." he held three rucksacks her direction and Minzy took them.

"For what are they?" Sudae looked at the pretty and old school bags and Minzy smiled. "This will be your rucksacks for your trip!"

We cracked up like some retarded seals and I wiped a tear away. "Hahaha okay, seriously, for what are they?"

"All your stuff...Tao can build bags, purses, wallets, rucksacks and other things where more fit in than it looks like. Best example, this house."

We nodded with a skeptical smile and took the rucksacks, looking inside.

I put my hand inside and felt the bottom of it. No double bottom, no secret small room.

"Magic or what the hell is this?" I held it up in the air and took a second look into it but Tao put it down. "Science and technology, jie jie. Just that."

"I'd say, put your clothes and so on into it as tidy as possible so it won't be a mess if you need something later on."

"Only clothes is what we need?"

"We have that third rucksack for food, drinks and the tent, if you need it." Minzy gave us the third one and added. "And to your information. Whenever it's evening, please message us or call us...and when you are on the other side of the desert, there'll be a small cottage or cabin, with a gate. Tell me when you arrive there. This gate is closed. I'll give you the coordinates and you have to open it again, arasseo?"

We nodded with fear and Minzy pushed us towards the elevator. "Balli, balli! You need some sleep!"

"Why?" Sudae looked out of the elevator and Minzy smiled. "You have to stand up at 6 in the morning tomorrow!"

"And why...?" I demanded to know with pinched eyes and Minzy rolled her eyes. "Duh~ you have to drive on the long highway at least 9 hours, so you should start driving at 7am."

"We have to start tomorrow?!" Sudae and I panicked at the same time and Minzy nodded before the elevator closed.

"Goodnight! Sleep tight!"

"What?! ARGH!" I messed my hair, almost ramming my elbow into Sudae's face.


stand up again author notes   finally~~~ that fifth chapter!!! how was it?!
 oh and btw, these are the three rucksacks: