PROLOG

IN THE NAME OF LOVE

 

PROLOG

 

 

 

       Jessica was laughing hard pathetically.

       “It’s funny, you know. I think I was so naive,” she said with a sorrowful voice, that suddenly wringed Yuri’s heart. Yuri could felt her heart was broken into pieces.

       Oh, God, please, let me take Jessica’s pain too, don’t let me see her like this; as I really couldn’t hold it. –Yuri POV-

       Yuri was bitting her bottom lip, struggling to hold her tears. She was touching Jessica’s chin gently, raising it, and made Jessica facing her now.

       “Mianhae, Sica, mianhae,” she was whispering. “We have known that it will be happened, sooner or later, right?” Yuri was trying to encourage Jessica, whereas she was in the edge of her unbearable painful tears.

       “We should’ve known that we will never be together,” Yuri said and wiped Jessica’s unstoppable tears softly. Her fingers were running across Jessica face, fondling it in detail, as if it would never be another chance to do it again.

        “I never thought you would give up this easy!” Jessica was saying in a frustration tone. “Why, Yul? Why? You don’t really love me?”

        “Don’t say it, Sica. It hurts. You know, I love you more than anything. But, we couldn’t deny the fact. We are... in the same gender.”

        “I DON’T CARE, YUL! I DON’T CARE!” Jessica was squealing; all of her body was shaking, and her extremities were trembling. Yuri quickly hugged her tightly, but she couldn’t release even any single word to her lover.

        “So... just don’t go, Yul... Please, don’t leave me...,” Jessica was begging.

        Now she’s kneeling.

        “I will do anything for you, Yul. Anything, but, just... don’t leave me...,” she was still begging, sobbing, tangling together.

       Yuri was closing her eyes as she really couldn’t help but felt so painful when she was witnessing Jessica hurt and realizing that the only reason behind it was she herself. Nobody knows, every time Jessica gets hurt, she feels hurt more. But whatever it was, she must be acting tough, at least in front of her. If she revealed her weakness, it just would be so hard for both of them. Yuri was shaking her head as a cue that this time she really couldn’t make it happened.

       “Sica, sica, please don’t make it hard for us. My parents want me marry a guy, I couldn’t hurt them, Sica. Please understand me, please. I couldn’t tell them, that I love a girl!”

        Jessica was laughing pathetically again.

       “Call me a fool because I was deeply in love with you,” she said.

       Yuri was only staring at her again as she knew, words meant nothing to Jessica right now.

       “Hahaha... You know Kwon Yuri.... I really really hope I could hate you.. I really want to hate you... for breaking my heart... For torturing me... For not listening to my beg... I really want to hate you... but... I just can’t... I know I will never can... Because I-I’m... I.. Stupid fool ice princess.. really fall in love with.. you... Just leave, Yul... Just leave... I-I always pray for your happiness... I will never come to your life again.. I promise you... But...”

       “This is one last silly request... I-i don’t want you forget my name.. I want you to always remember that.. someone, someone here, was and will always love you... Deal?”

        Yuri couldn’t release even a single word anymore. All the things could be heard in the room was hard painful sobbing only.