Evolve

Evolution of JongKey

 

 

 

 

He held the pencil loosely under his nose, humming to himself. The papers sitting in front of him on the bed were lightly crinkled from much scribbling and erasing. He tapped his fingers on the imaginary piano on his knee, getting the feel of the beat. Then a light bulb lit up in his head, making him pick up the pencil and continue scribbling.  He was repeating this sequence for the last hour. He wasn’t sure why Minho called him boring and left their hotel room, but to Jonghyun, this was his second favorite pastime.

 

He glanced out the window next to his bed. The cream-colored curtains were open, letting the beautiful night view of Tokyo in. It was December, so it wasn’t surprising to see snow decorate some of the many buildings out there. He remembered to get back to his composing but before he could, there was a small knock on the door.
Jonghyun hopped off the bed and strode toward said door. “Who is it?”

 

“Almighty Key!” A voice sang from the other side, making Jonghyun’s lips curl into a smile. He opened the door to let the blond boy in. “What are you doin’?” Key had a towel around his neck, and he was still steamy from an earlier shower. He sat himself on Minho’s bed, opposite from Jonghyun’s, while Jonghyun himself closed the door.

“Writing,” the singer stretched out on his bed while slipping the pencil behind his ear. “The concert’s not for a couple hours, so I’m a little bored.”

“Want me to entertain you?” Key asked with a serious look on his face.

The other chuckled. “Please do.” He shifted over and spread his arms out, intent on making Key a teddy bear. The rapper rolled in next to Jonghyun and let him snuggle into his chest.

“Let’s see…” Key picked up one of the papers in front of them. “What kind of song were you writing this time?”

“I wrote that one dedicated to our fans…” Jonghyun sleepily replied with his eyes closed. “The working title is Honesty.”

“You mean the same fans that broke your ankle for nearly a year?”  Key retorted, quickly scanning down the sheet. The very sheet was taken was suddenly taken from his hands when Jonghyun rolled them over so that he was over the boy.

“Yeah,” Jonghyun lightly kissed Key’s damp hair. “The same ones you saved me from.” He smiled when Key pouted up at him.
 

“I was reading that.”

“And now you’re not,” the older planted small kisses down Key’s neck, taking in his fresh scent. “You smell good.”

“You smell like sweat,” Key grimaced. “Did you shower after rehearsal?”

“Nope,” Jonghyun responded shamelessly. “Want to shower with me?” He smirked and wiggled his eyebrows.

A small blush appeared on Key’s cheeks. “YAH! I JUST DID!” The rapper playfully punched at his boyfriend’s chest.

“I’m kidding,” Jonghyun leant down to capture Key’s soft lips; that is, until he was pushed off so hard that he nearly hit his head on the wall. Surprised, Jonghyun panicked. “What? What? What did I do?!” He stared wide-eyed at the boy who just sat up.

 

“It’s snowing!” Key let out an unmanly squeal, going over to stand in front of the window. Jonghyun followed him, not before cursing at the weather for interrupting his lovey dovey time.
 

The white specks fell softly from the skies, and landed wherever it wished. Mixed in with the city lights, the winter scene was truly a beautiful display.
 

Jonghyun glanced at the person beside him. Key’s eyes were twinkling as he watched the snow fall, his warm fingertips creating condensation on the cold glass. His hair gave off a faint yellow glow, in contrast to his milky skin. If anything could top one of winter’s spectacles, it would be none other than the sight of Kim Kibum.
 

The brunette slipped a hand around Key’s waist, pulling him closer. He left a sweet kiss just near the other’s temple, causing Kibum’s face to flush in pink.

“I love you.” Jonghyun murmured with a sappy smile.

Key grinned at the sudden confession and leaned his head on Jonghyun’s shoulder. “I love you too, Jjong.” The two stood there for awhile, watching winter with happy hearts. It was a slow, leisured moment that they shared, and they wouldn’t share it with anyone else in the world.

 

… But they had room for three more.
 

The door suddenly slammed open, causing Kibum and Jonghyun to flinch in surprise. Taemin walked in unceremoniously, balancing a laptop on his forearm. He lightly tossed the machine on the bed and walked back out before Key could tell him off. The latter two exchanged curious looks before the maknae came back, dragging in their leader by the legs followed by Minho.

“What’s going on?” Minho had a meat skewer in his hand, and the BBQ sauce was dripping onto the carpet. He was probably at the buffet down by the lobby.

Once Onew recovered from carpet burn and a scary maknae, he looked up at Minho with a yearning in his eyes. The younger noticed and rolled his eyes before handing the skewer to his hyung.

Onew smiled in appreciation as he gnawed on the meat. “So what’s going on?” He asked, the sauce now dripping down his chin.

“Ask him,” Key gestured to Taemin, who was quietly pulling up something on the Internet. His face was all too serious, causing worry to swell up between the other members.

“Taeminnie?” Minho carefully approached him. “What’s wrong?”

Taemin twisted his torso to face him. In the straightest face he could possibly pull, the youngest responded.

“… Jongin’s first teaser came out.”

 

The hyungs all gaped as Taemin opened the Youtube video. They snapped out of their surprise when he bickered at them to watch it. They gathered around the laptop and watched as Jongin came out of a black car, emitting this y aura that the members would’ve never known from the kid.

“… Wow,” Key uttered, smiling at the fluid movements on-screen Jongin made with the water. “He’s improved a lot.” The dorky boy Key remembered had turned into an attractive flower boy. “That’s SM for you.”

Taemin finally cracked a wide grin, proud of what his best friend displayed. “I saw him choreographing this the other day. Did you see that move? I told him to do that!” The maknae spoke excitedly, dabbing fingers at the screen like a little kid.

“The song sounds really nice too,” Onew commented, finishing off the kebab. “Sounds like Kyungsoo.”

“I think it is Kyungsoo,” Jonghyun replied. “He was actually singing this song in the washroom last week.”
 

The members shared a couple laughs, enjoying their time together as the video wrapped up. Then Taemin’s phone rang from his pocket, echoing the chorus of Ring Ding Dong. Minho lip-synced it until the cell was answered.

“Hello? … Yeah, I just watched it.” Taemin motioned that it was Jongin. “Yeah, it was really good! Yes, Jongin, you’re so y. Yes. No, I’m not lying. You’re debuting in April, right? Huh? When is SHINee coming back? Hm… I’m not sure actually. We have our title song finished but— Huh? You want to hear it?” Taemin turned back to the other members with an eyebrow raised. “Should we?”

Jonghyun clapped. “Why not? Let’s give him the teaser!” They scooted closer to the phone and cleared their throats. “Ready? 1, 2, 3!”
 

Oh, I’m curious, yea
 

Taemin suddenly turned off the phone, snickering. “And that is all the kid will get!” He picked up the laptop and saluted before leaving the room. The rest of them blinked awkwardly. Minho coughed, turning to Onew. “Should we head down to the buffet, hyung?”

The leader his lips in return. “Please, the shish kebab was the best thing that ever happened to me.” The two finally left, leaving Jonghyun and Key to be alone again.

 

“Crap!” Key exclaimed after a few silent moments, startling Jonghyun beside him. “I forgot to tell them something!”

Jonghyun looked at him peculiarly. “What is it?”

“Darn…” The rapper scratched his head. “I guess I’ll have to tell just you then.”

The older was utterly confused until Key planted a kiss on his lips. He wrapped his arms around Jonghyun’s neck, smiling. “Merry Christmas!”

Jonghyun’s face completely blanked. “… It’s Christmas?”

Key gasped, giving him a frown of disapproval. “Did you forget? Today’s the 24th!”

“Oh…” Jonghyun let out an embarrassed laugh. “… Well then, thank you for this amazing present.” He leaned in again, and again pressed his lips perfectly against Key’s.

 

They embraced each other like this until they had to leave for the concert that day.
 

But even if they let go of each other, they never stopped loving.
 

Because their relationship evolved to the point that it could never happen.
 

They would never stop loving each other.
 

“Why are you hard?”

“I was thinking about you in one of those skimpy Santa outfits.”

“JJONG!”
 

Never. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: because if you rearrange the letters in evolve, you get love

Actually you get lovvee, but hey! You get what I mean. 

Honestly that ending was so lame .-. 

Well then! Thank you for reading Jurassic Period and its sequel, Evolution! This is finally the end after a dragging ten months and nine days. Thank you for subscribing and commenting, you guys helped me become a better writer TT_TT 

Since my biggest project is done, I'll be taking a break from AFF for now. But don't worry! I'm already working on my next project so you'll see me again soon!

Until then, this is Jenday signing off! 

tumblr_lxnor7KdkB1r1zhtn.gif
Thanks again for supporting! <3
tumblr_inline_mfq7q4NorN1qkvu9g.gif