BTS

Evolution of JongKey

 

This is not a chapter.

Because I can. //shot

 

 


Da-da-da-dan! This is the BTS chapter for the fic Evolution of Jongkey, starring your host, Jenday-nim! //shot
 

What does BTS stand for? It stands for BULL THAT SHOULD’VE HAPPENED BUT DIDN’T. Or it could stand for behind the scenes, whatever you guys want. This is basically about stuff that was supposed to happen… but… didn’t…
 


 

Anyways.

The story and its sequel compiling at 71, 248 words and lots of blood and sweat is finally ending! Jongkey: Since the Jurassic Period is my first fanfic and Evolution of Jongkey would be my fifth. Lots of things have happened between the two stories, such as the formation of SHINee, Key’s debut with the help of Sunny, Onew conditions, the 2Min coupling, Yoogeun, the whole Sekyung thing and obviously, all the romantic adventures shared between Kim Jonghyun and Kim Kibum!

But… What if there was more to that than Minkey’s awkwardness? More than Jonghyun’s obsession with Jessica? More than Kai’s derpiness?

Here is all of the BTS but didn’t, in a somewhat-easy-to-read chapter!
 

Go!
 

KEY GETS THE LADIES
 

During Evolution of Jongkey, Jonghyun ends up dating Shin Sekyung, a female, to seem straight. He tells Key that it’d be okay if he dated a girl too, so that no one knows that the two men are actually dating each other. Key actually thinks about this, and the one day he gets drunk with the other 91 line members, he tries to make a move on Nicole. Had he went through with it, Nicole would’ve been his only female romantic interest.

To be honest, Key was supposed to have a lot more romantic interests than what was written.

The whole point of Lee Soonkyu aka Sunny was to save Key’s debut into SHINee, be the link from Key to Lee Soo Man for the song Juliette, and to be a supporting character.

In the earliest, and I do mean earliest, drafts of Jurassic Period, Sunny was supposed to be in love with Key.
 

SunKey anyone?
 

I decided against that because that’s just awkward, and Key’s ideal type is far from Sunny’s character. Yeesh.

Sulli was supposed to be Key’s romantic interest too, but after a lot of thinking she ended up just being an occasional character. I didn’t really like the idea of Sulli liking an oppa like him. Hah.

Amongst the 91 liners, I had this idea where both Nicole and Nana would fight over Key, but by then things started to get ridiculous. So I finalized that Key would somewhat-like Nicole.

Oh, IU was supposed to like Key too. //shot
 

YOOGEUN-SEONSAENGNIM
 

I originally was going to skip the whole Hello Baby era, but it was too good to pass up. -w-

The Hello Baby era lasted about eight chapters, all of which Yoogeun says nothing but “appa”, “yeah”, “the hell was that”, “appa”, “don’t listen to appa”, and “appa”. The kid’s adorable but he plays nothing but a supporting character.

The original point of Yoogeun was to philosophize to Key about how much Jonghyun means to him, or to Jonghyun about how much Key means to him, and to somehow get 2Min together.

And then I realized…
 

He’s a baby.
 

TO THE BEAUTIFUL 2MIN
 

This is adding on to what would happen if Sulli had gone for Key.
 

As implied in chapter four of Evolution, Sulli knows about Jongkey. I haven’t elaborated on it because Sulli doesn’t think too much about the couple, and you guys shouldn’t think too much about her knowing about them. But, if she had went for Key knowing he’s dating Jonghyun, she would have obviously gotten her heart broken.

While in tears and feels, Sulli was supposed to, in the early drafts, go crying to Minho. Then the two were supposed to be all romantic and stuff and eventually like each other.

And then, Taemin was supposed to get all jealous and everything, finally telling Sulli to back off and claim his man.

That DOES NOT sound like Taemin at all, so I decided against that too. Too much drama for my liking.
 

WHERE THE HELL WAS TVXQ
 

So you guys know in the description, I put a ‘main characters’ chart and an ‘other characters’ chart. Changmin was on the chart for the longest time, and it was only recently that I took him off. Homin was supposed to appear during the fic, but I never found the right place to add them in. What Homin was supposed to do was come and crey about JYJ (dkm), and then Minho was supposed to get depressed, since he’s close to Changmin. Then Taemin was to come in a save the day, resulting in more 2Min for the lot of you.

What ended up happening was Homin never appeared, but Minho did get depressed about it, but he was cheered up by Key instead of Taemin. Yeah, things happen ._.
 

DANCING UNICORN
 

For those attentive Shawols and Exotics, you might’ve known that when Jonghyun injured his ankle, Yixing replaced him as a dance substitute, especially during their first concert. There were several chapters in which I’d introduce him and he’d have some dialogue. But those several chapters were so pointless that I had to remove them and Yixing along with.

But to give you an idea, Yixing was to start off as a shy kid, and after spending a lot of time with the Almighty Key, to become the diva Lay that we all know and love today. It just never happened. :D
 

YOU’LL PROBABLY SHOOT ME FOR THIS
 

Onkey was supposed to happen.
 

RATED R FOR RIDICULOUSLY HOT
 

With 90% of Jongkey fics, they almost always come with . Or literary , whatever you people call it. And with this fic so full of Jongkey, I’ll bet some of you are wondering why I didn’t add into this.

because makes everything better right

Okay, as much as I like reading it (shame? What shame?), I’m a minor. I know absolutely nothing when it comes to making love. Wow, this is awkward. Why am I writing this?

Even though I never actually write , I always imply it (Hey, close enough). Hence you have Onew complaining about the music Jongkey makes at night, heheheheh. Who knows, you might see some from me when I’m actually of age owo

I have thought about writing it before, it’s nothing new. It’s just… Yeah. //awkward

You Kissed Death? is probably the closest to I’ll ever write (for now).
 

And if you were wondering about my preferences, Baekyeol.
 

FANART
 

I want it.

Please?

Okay, you guys don’t have to, but it’d be nice… :D
 

SO HOW MANY TIMES DID THE MEMBERS INJURE THEMSELVES
 

Key sprained an ankle, had his head bashed by Jonghyun, slapped across the head by Minho, kicked by Minho…

Jonghyun tore some ligaments, lost his voice, loses a daily amount of brain cells, occasionally slapped by Key, is tackled to concrete by Onew…

Minho sprained an ankle, is sat on by Key, is slapped by Taemin, hit his head once…

Onew fell down the stairs, lost a couple teeth, nearly had a concussion from fainting, injures himself on a daily basis…

Taemin is nearly strangled to death by boxers…
 

TRILOGY
 

It’s not going to happen. Go away.
 

“STOP TRYING TO MAKE JONGKEY ET CETERA HAPPEN. IT’S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.”
 

… Did I just come up with the title for the third installment?
 

… Still not gonna happen.
 

JONGKEY ETC SOUNDS LAME IF YOU ASK ME
 

And that concludes your first and last segment of BTS but didn’t! How much do you think the story would have changed?

I’m your host, Jenday-nim! Thank you for tuning in and stay tuned for next week’s finale of Evolution! It’s nothing special, but the author demands that you read it anyway! Good night everybody! 

 

Da-da-da-dan!

 

 

//shot

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: final chapter countdown: 0