Shanghai Romance

Evolution of JongKey

 

 

 

 

"Hey, look at this." I glanced over at the sleeping Key on my shoulder. I poked his cheek, trying to get his attention. "Look at this, would you?"

His eyes finally flickered open and squinted at me. "...What is it, Jjong?"

I pointed to the window beside me. Clouds hovering over a bright, bustling city could be seen outside. "...We're in China." I grinned at him, while he just grunted and went back to sleep on my shoulder. 

I let out a small laugh as I continued to look at the beautiful scenery outside, waiting for our plane to land. Then I changed my mind and stared at the beautiful person next to me instead. China would still be there later, anyway.

 

--

 

China would still be there.

Damn. 


We walked up to our hotel, taking in the grandness of the place. Jin-hyung led us to our respective rooms and told us to meet back in the lobby within an half an hour for rehearsal.


Oh, why are we in China? 

That's right; we were invited to perform in Girls' Generation's Into the New World tour here in Shanghai. All five of us, isn't that great?

Not really.

I groaned, plopping onto a bed.

Minho threw a towel at me. "What's wrong, hyung?"

"Why am I here?" I muffled my face into the pillow. "I'm not doing any solos or duets."

"Uh, hyung? The rest of us are doing solos and duets, but we're also performing Ring Ding Dong at halftime too. We kind of need you for that."

I just groaned, making Minho haul me through the door by my legs.

We reached the lobby, and I suddenly remembered why I didn't want to come in the first place.

Kibum was standing there, with Sunny's hands all over him—

 

Okay, not really, but she was much too close to him. So was Jessica. This definitely… Slightly… Angered me.

As I was glaring at them, Taemin pulled me aside. 

"Don’t you think they’re too close to him?” Taemin seethed, his grip tightening on my arm.

“Tell me about it. Key’s not a toy.” I replied.

“Huh? Oh, I was talking about Yuri-noona and Minh— you know what, never mind.”

 

--

 

Oh, I’m having so much fun!

Well Barbie, we’re just getting started.”

“Aw, I love you Ken!

 

Jonghyun gripped on the back of his chair, glaring harder at the TV screen streaming the live footage of the Into the New World concert.

 

He didn’t like how Jessica smiled at him.

He didn’t like how the fans went crazy over the two.

He didn’t like it one bit.

 

Key was his.

 

But what could he do? It was fan service, after all.

There was only one thing Kim Jonghyun could do.

 

Fight fire with fire.

 

He swiftly turned his chair, determination written on his face. “Taeyeon-noona!”

The SNSD leader looked at him while she was adjusting her rain coat for the next performance. “What?”

“How many performances are left until we perform Ring Ding Dong?”

Taeyeon pondered for a moment. “Sica just finished her performance right? After Seohyunnie’s performance, there’s two more until you guys go on.”

“Okay, thanks.” Jonghyun turned back to the TV screen, in time for Seohyun to start her performance. Key and Jessica came into the dressing room at that time.

“Why? You excited to perform?” Taeyeon asked, nudging Jonghyun’s head.

 

Jonghyun followed Key with his eyes. “Yeah, totally excited.”

 

--

 

“Nice work, Kibum!” Jessica patted me on the back as I was adjusting my stage outfit for Ring Ding Dong.

I turned and smiled at her. “You too.”  I was about to pat her on the head, but I suddenly felt as if daggers were piercing through my skin.

 

Somebody must be jealous.

 

“Well, I gotta get on stage now. See you later, noona.” I waved to her as I exited the dressing room, following the other members. Jonghyun stared at me as I walked past him. I was just minding my own business when I felt a slap on my , accidentally letting out a yelp. I turned to Jonghyun, who was pretending like he didn’t do it.

Please don’t tell me he’s and jealous. Not now. Oh god.

I hurriedly ran to the stage and stood in my position, hoping to get the performance over with. Onew did warn me about this; I hope Jjong doesn’t do anything.

 

--

 

I hope Jjong doesn’t do anything my .

I stared at the video on Sooyoung-noona’s phone, which she mischievously recorded. She called it the ‘most fan service I’ve ever seen at once’.

 

It was all there.

The lustful stares.

The ual touches.

The whole ‘staring-into-my-eyes-while-singing’ thing.

 

“DAMMIT KIM JONGHYUN!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, not caring if any of the staff or SNSD members heard. He jerked his stupid head up and innocently smiled at me.

“Yes?”

“Don’t yes me, you stupid—“I grabbed his wrist and yanked him out to the hall. “— son of a .”

He pouted. “That’s not very nice, Kibum.”

I scratched my head. “Why’d you do that? I mean, a little fan service would have been okay, but… You could’ve literally just stripped and ed me then and there.”

With one look I could tell he was actually thinking about it. I slapped his arm to regain his attention. “Why’d you do that?” I asked again.

He then stared into my eyes seriously. “I wanted the world to know you were mine.”

“Through ual innuendos?”

He hugged me by my waist. “Anything.”

I sighed and laid my head on his chest. “I-I’m just… Scared.”

“Scared of what?”

“…I’m scared of people finding out about… Us. We’re two guys, Jjong. What if they find out? They’re going to hate SHINee. They’re going to hate us.”

“No one’s going hate us, Kibum…” Jjong started rubbing my back. “I mean, under all this make-up and latex, that’s all we are: two guys. Who cares?” I was still unsure about it when he kissed me on the forehead. “…I won’t do it anymore.”

I wrapped my arms around him. “…Thanks.”

“Kiss me?”

Reluctantly I looked up and pecked his lips.

“Idiot.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too, idiot.”

 

--

 

We hung around until the end of the concert, where we celebrated Jessica’s birthday onstage. As promised, Jonghyun didn’t initiate any fan service throughout the whole thing. This calmed me down a bit.

 

Little did I know, all hell would break loose after the concert.

 

“Hey! You guys aren’t gonna hang around for the after party?” Yuri asked, elbowing Minho in the gut.

Minho gave her a smile. “No noona, we have a schedule afterwards so we’ll be going now.”

Yuri pouted. “Aw… Alright fine. See you guys later!”

 

We stood outside the stadium, waiting for Gyeongshik-hyung to pick us up. I stood next to Jonghyun, dazed out. I snapped back to reality when someone greeted us.

I didn't see her face because she was bowing, but when she stood upright...

I glanced at Jonghyun, watching his reaction. I didn't like it; at all. 

"Oh? Annyeonghaseyo! I didn't expect to see you guys out here!"

 

My mouth went dry. "...Sh-Shin Sekyung."

 

Do you hear that? That's the sound of hell breaking loose.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OOoOOoooO dramuhhhh

As you can see, the story will now be taking a serious turn. It'll be stupid again later on, don't worry

BAMI GIPEU MYEON CHAJAOL DREAM GULL!

I realize that there's about 76 of you but only 3-4 of you actually comment. 

srsly guise srsly ಠ__ಠ

Yeah, so the chapter picture is of Sekyung.

yay Orange Caramel reference