Rescue

Evolution of JongKey

 

 

 

 

Hello, this is your pilot speaking. We have begun our descent to Jakarta, Indonesia. It is currently 3:37PM and the weather is bright and sunny. We will be reaching the gate in about 20 minutes; in the meantime we’d like the attendants to prepare for landing. Thank you for flying with Korean Air today…

 

“Kibum.”

Key, amidst stuffing his belongings into his backpack, looked up at his manager. He peeked at him through his black sunglasses. “Yes, hyung?”

Manager Gyeongshik looked back at him, concerned. “Are you okay?”

Key gave him a bright smile. “I’m fine, hyung.”

The manager let out a sigh of relief. He tousled the younger’s hair. “Just tell me if something happens.”

“Mm.” Key leaned back into his seat, putting his ear buds into place. “…Not.”

 

--

 

The gang walked out to the gate, only to be met by piercing screams. Tons of Indonesian fans were lined up against the barricades, nearly knocking them over. The security guards seemed to be having a difficult time with them. They squealed and reached out as SHINee quickly walked out the back door, not before Taemin shooting hearts and kisses at them.

They finally reached the car outside waiting for them, surrounded by more fans. The boys almost literally jumped into the car and pulled the door shut. It was finally quiet. Amongst the rush, Key realized he was thrown in between Jonghyun and Onew at the back.

Manager Gyeonshik turned to face them from the front. “Kids, we’re going to the event stage now, but it might take a while with all this traffic. Just sleep for now, okay?”

“Yes, hyung.” The members replied in unison.  Within a few minutes of driving, Minho and Taemin fell asleep. Key was starting to nod off when he felt Jonghyun’s head fall lightly on his shoulder.
 

The thing is, he was awake.


The rapper contemplated pushing him off and smacking his face into the window. He just decided to play it cool and ignore it. That is, until Jonghyun pulled out one of Key's ear buds. Key could feel his light breathing on his neck. On occasion Jonghyun's hand would brush against his. Key mentally sighed; Jonghyun wasn't going to stop until he got some attention.

The younger pulled out his other ear bud, glancing at him. "Yes, Jjong?"

"Kibum..." He whispered softly.

"Yes?"

"...I'm sorry."

Key let out a small laugh. "I know."

"I'm just trying to—"

"—protect me, I know."

Jonghyun started playing with one of Key's earrings. "Do you forgive me?"

Key let out another laugh.
 

"Nope."
 

He felt Jonghyun stiffen, and he could swear he heard Onew stifle a snicker. 

Seeing as the other didn't answer for a few minutes, Key spoke again. "Don't worry; I don't expect you to forgive me if I cheat on you either."

Jonghyun jerked his head up, eyes wide. "H-Huh?"

Again, he thought he heard a small snicker from his leader. 

"Joke," Key reinserted his ear buds, dismissing him with a wave. Jonghyun relaxed a bit, shuffling into his seat.
 

"Maybe."

"YAH!"



--



The car came to a stop 45 minutes later, outside of a large open stadium. Key reached forward and grabbed his dongsaengs' heads. "Wake up, dancing maknae and flaming charisma!"

Minho groaned, rubbing at his eyes. Taemin sat up, glancing outside. "We're here?"

Many of the same gray posters were posted on the wall of the stadium. In colorful text, it read: Indonesia-Korea Friendship Concert 2010. SHINee was featured at the top, as well as other acts.

The SHINee boys groggily dragged themselves into the stadium, dragged themselves to the stage for a short rehearsal, and then dragged themselves backstage for make-up. Thankfully, they were wide-awake when the concert had started. The cheering and screaming of fans was heard even backstage.

Finally, it was SHINee's time to shine. They were to perform Ring Ding Dong, Lucifer and Hello, and go home right after. They waited for the director's cue before running and arranging themselves on stage. The sight before them was amazing; thousands of them filled the stadium. The fans chanted SHINee in perfect unison, and even screamed all together when the lights went on. The boys in turn performed diligently and professionally; although they weren't sure if their voices could be heard over the excited screaming. Soon enough, their 12 minutes of fame were over. They quickly went backstage, greeted everyone, and left down the stairs. They had another schedule, and they needed to leave quickly. 

However, as soon as Onew stepped on the stairs, he felt something was amiss. Glancing around, he spotted the huge ocean of Shawols advancing towards the stairs. He spread his arms out, blocking Taemin and Minho from walking any further. "Wait, it's too crowded, we need to—"
His face paled when he saw Jonghyun and Key near the bottom of the stairs. "KIM JONGHYUN! KIM KIBUM!" He screamed, successfully getting Key's attention. 

But as for Jonghyun...

Key looked back at his leader, confused. Why was there a look of pure horror on his face? He looked to where Onew was staring, only to stare in horror himself.


The ocean was drowning him. Jonghyun disappeared deeper into the crowd, hands all over him. A scared look formed on his face as he reached out, only to be pulled in. Then his look of pain set off the signal in Key.

"HYUNG!" Taemin cried, straining against Onew. It was as if he were watching a zombie movie. 

Minho cursed, running backstage for help. Onew yanked out his phone, soon after blanking in terror again. 

"Key, don't... KIBUM!" It was too late. Key had gone into the vicious crowd, being swallowed up immediately.
 

Hands clawed at his skin, pieces of his clothes torn off, d in private places, and even having an earring ripped out; it didn't matter. What mattered was Kim Jonghyun.

Amongst the sweaty and hyper bodies, Key literally had to peel a fangirl off Jonghyun. The other sat there while he was helplessly touched. He hated all the hands and things that were touching him. But when he felt a certain touch to his hand, Jonghyun looked up. Key intertwined their fingers, mouthing "are you okay" to him.

Jonghyun was overcome with happiness until he remembered he was being eaten. He mouthed back, "I can't get up."

Key nodded, and cleared his throat.


"WOULD Y'ALL JUST BACK THE UP BEFORE I CUT YOU ALL!" Key's outburst (?) surprised some of the surrounding fans. It gave him the chance to shove through the crowd, Jonghyun over his shoulder. The two ran as fast as they possibly could to their car, making their managers open their doors in alarm. Key threw Jonghyun onto a seat, huffing and puffing.

"What happened?" Manager Jin asked sternly.

"F-Fans," Key replied tiredly. "Other three... Are still in there."

Manager Jin simply rolled up his sleeves and cracked his knuckles. "I'll go get them," he muttered before going back in the stadium. Key wasn't sure who was scarier; him or his manager.

"Jonghyun, are you hurt?" Manager Gyeongshik worried.

The singer nodded, sweat still on his face. "... My ankle really hurts."

"Shoot..." Their manager looked at Kibum and announced he was going to get first-aid.

"... What does he even need first-aid for—?" Key was interrupted when Jonghyun brushed his lips against his cheek.

Jonghyun leaned back, those lips. "... It's because your face is bleeding."

Key blushed, feeling the cut on his cheek. He looked at his fingers which were tainted with small amounts of his blood. "This is nothing," he sighed. "You should worry about yourself."

Jonghyun pouted. "But your face is bleeding—"

"WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF, IDIOT!"

"Am I not allowed to worry about you?"

They stared at each other until Key gave up. He plopped unceremoniously next to Jonghyun, sighing. "What am I going to do with you...?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: super ahead with the chapters, so this one is early~

btw, this is the incident I'm talking about QwQ

INFINIIIIITEEEE~ ohmygah myungsoo why sunggyuuuuuuuuu

tumblr_mjzkutMGhX1qjgfboo7_250_large.gif

GODDAMMIT DONGWOO //shot

anyway, what is Key's solution to the lack of Jonghyun? will he recover by himself like Jonghyun had predicted? or will he cheat like Jonghyun did?

Answers will only be found in the next chapter on the 27th! <3