Selfish

Abracadabra into your life.

A few weeks passed since Kiseop wrote the letter to Kevin. Everything went back to normal. School, friends, everything was the same. Except for the times when Kevin thought of Kiseop. He still couldnb’t believe that after trying so hard on making him believe those words and the magic and all the that he was talking, just when he was almost doing so, he just vanishes and leaves a stupid letter behind.

Kevin hid the letter under a box in his room that night after getting home. One box that he hadn’t open for who know how long. It had just been drowning in his closet for more than ten years already. He stared at the box for a while. “Maybe I should just open it.”

He reached his arms and grabbed the box delicately between his hands. Just like if what was in it was to precious for it to fall on the ground. He walked towards his bed and sat down facing the box. “Okay, here goes nothing.”

Just when he was about to open the box, he heard his step-mother’s voice to close to his door. “.”  He stopped mid-way and hid the box under his bed. He didn’t want his step-mother to see this. Who knows what she’ll say when she saw this, specific, box. “Kevin, your father is calling you downstairs.” she said in a bored voice while rolling her eyes.

Kevin was now sitting to formally on his bed. It didn’t take a lot of time for his step-mother to realize he was hiding something. “What… are you hiding?” she walked in his room closing the door behind her.

“Hiding? me?” His voice sounded nervous. It was so obvious to her and he knew it well. “Nothing, I’m not hiding anything.”

“You don’t need to be so nervous Ke~vinnie~. After all you’re my precious step-son, which I can’t wait for to get kidnapped or something.” her tone went from sarcastic to mad in seconds. “Your father is calling you downstairs, looks like we’re going out to eat. Wear something nice and not…” she looked at him top to bottom. “…well…that.” and she left.

The minute she closed the door, he let out a sigh. “Phew, that was close. She would’ve thrown this out.” He looked at the box, which was now next to his bed, with a serious expression and stood up. “Guess I’ll just open you later.”

He hid the box in his closet again, but this time he just left on the floor with other boxes. He wanted to open it today. In that moment he heard his phone ringing from his pocket. “Hello?”

“Eh! Kevin! My man! Long time no talk! How have you been?”

“Eli, didn’t we meet at school today? And after school too, what gives?” he laughed, but he didn't receive any response from Eli.

“Nah, I just wanted to know if you could give me your adress so I can come visit you sometime, man?”

“Huh, I’m not sure what you’re talking about. You know where I live ELi. You come here all the time.” He laid his back on his desk. "

“Are you sure that’s the only reason you called me? You never call me unless you want me to go on a blind date with some girl or something. Is Soohyun alright?”

“Soohyun?”

“Soohyun…our friend? Remember?”

“Oh yeah yeah. yeah he’s …fine.”

“Eli are you okay?”

“Listen Kevin I gotta’ go. Bye” and he hanged up.

Kevin watched his phone in surprise. “Well, that was weird.” Kevin said and shoved his phone in his pocket again.

“Is everything okay?” a voice coming from his window made him jump-scared all of a sudden. he stared wide-eyed at the person standing in his window smiling at him but also with a face of concern. “Ki---Kiseop.” he whispered. It took him a few moments to realize that he was actually there. “Kiseop?! What are you doing here? I thought you left the city a few weeks back.”

He helped Kiseop in to his room. He wasn’t wearing normal clothing anymore. He was back to his long cape, tux and top hat like the first time they met some weeks back. “So, what brings you here?” Kevin asked again. “Well, I was about to leave since I don’t have anything else to do here but I wanted to do this right. I came to apologize once more. I know that it was wrong to push you into this. I know you hate it. More than you hate anything else probably, and I was still pushing on you to do it. I was selfish and for that I wanted to apologize.” Kevin sat in his bed and stared at Kiseop.

“I was just so desperate Kevin.” he sat down next to him. “She was the love of my life. I wanted to be with her again. More than I wanted anything.” he held the covers of Kevin’s bed tightly with his fists. He was upset. Very, very, upset. This was the only chance he had to make her come back to life.

Meanwhile, Kevin stared at Kiseop who had his head down next to him. “I’m sorry, but I don’t want to risk my life, after you told me what could happen.”

 

“What did you plan on doing after you, well, found me?” Kiseop stared at him shocked. What was he planning on doing when he found Kevin. He knew it was him alright, the one that was carrying he’s beloved soul, but what was he suppose to do now?

“I don’t know.” he stared at Kevin’s eyes and smirked. He was playing Kevin. He was trying to create curiosity in him, and he knew that very well. Kevin’s widened while he’s just stared back at those chocolate brown eyes with a serious stare. “Whatever it was, could you handle it?”

Kevin wasn’t expecting that response. He was getting nervous. Kiseop got all serious all of a sudden and for what It looked like he wasn’t planning on breaking his stare. It was like a staring contest, one that Kevin know he wasn’t going to win. Staring at Kisep back made his heart ache. He felt pain in his chest. “I…” Kevin couldn’t speak. He wanted to cry for some reason. Kiseop was piercing with his glare, it made him feel uneasy and desperate. “I-I….I…” He wanted him to stop.

“If I told you that I’d do whatever you want if you do this for me, would you do it?” Kiseop leaned back n his chair. “Anything?”

“Anything.” Kevin looked at his knees. He was staring to sweat. “Even find that person you’ve been always thinking of.” That comment caught Kevin off guard making him look once more at Kiseop. Kiseop just snickered. This guy was so easy to read it made him laugh. “Remember, I have the other journal. I told you I can’t read minds.”

Kiseop stood up and helped Kevin up. “Let’s move to the fire place better. It’s starting to get colder.”

“Then just take out this stupid spell or whatever it is.” Kevin was let up by Kiseop. Kiseop held his hand and whispered. “It would be less romantic if I did that, wouldn’t you think?”

Kevin face heated up. “ummm…I guess.” he looked away.

They sat down and Kiseop begun talking. “What I was going to do with you after I found you was going to be hard. This is a very hard spell, and I needed you to..well…ummm…”

“what?”

“Well, think of it as a surgery. I just need half of your soul and tada, you’re fine and done. There’s only one problem, you might...lose your life.” “What?”Kevin started getting dizzy. Everything was spinning. He felt faint, so he threw himself on the floor.

“If anything goes wrong, you can end up with no soul, no soul means, well, death.”Kiseop kept explaining. “…but, I promise, I will do everything I can to be the most careful.”

Kevin looked at Kiseop now with anger. So he knows the consequences but still didn’t care about him dying. Was he that desperate? Kevin thought. He was pissed. Kiseop wasn’t even looking at him anymore when he was talking. He was pissed. “I’m not doing it.”

Kiseop looked at Kevin with a disappointed stare and a sad smile. Basically he was asking to give up on his life so he can bring her back. How selfish can he be? “Kevin…I..”

“I don’t want to hear it. I don’t care. I won’t risk my life for someone who’s already dead. Even if she’s in me, or I’m her or whatever mumbo jumbo you talked there. No, there’s no way I’m dying still.” he looked down and stood up.

“Thanks for the hot chocolate.” he walked towards the door and left. “Goodbye, Kiseop.”

 

“Didn’t you think of how knowing that would make me feel Kiseop?” Kevin faced Kiseop, the magician not looking at him once. “To be honest, no, I didn’t. It never occurred to me that…that you where going to refuse.” He snickered and looked forward. “Actually, I wasn’t planning on telling you. Aren’t I a horrible person?”

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

HELLO MY LOVELY PEASENTS. (get it cuz...I'm loveless...i give no love...get it!!!) I need a better hello or something. 

Anyway, I updated faster with a longer chapter than last time. I'm sorry again for taking so long to update after like 3 months. Gomen. 

So, Kiseop told Kevin that he might die if the spell doesn't go well. Isn't that sad TT______TT as you can see also, theyre getting along better. Kevin desn't even care Kiseop going in his room anymore. He's like 'WHATEVS'  ahahaha <3

I hope you guys are liking the story. Please comment and let me know what you think. It really means a lot to me when you guys comment. 

In the next chapter, Kevin will open the box. Guess what's in it?? 

Love ya'll <3