Romance 101

Welcome to SMTown

“As your father, I would want to guide you my children regarding love,” Kyuhyun announces to his children. He had gathered them all together to give them advice regarding love.

 

“I’m a girl. Why am I here?” Krystal says and walks away, leaving his two brothers with their father. Krystal goes to the kitchen and sits down.

 

“I would like you to know that I was a man with charms. Many women really wanted me back then, but your mother was a fighter and didn’t give me up,” Kyuhyun smirked.

 

“Hyung, do you even believe this?” Chanyeol whispers.

 

“It doesn’t matter! I’m getting advice!” Joonmyun says and listens back to his father.

 

“First of all, it’s all about the style,” Kyuhyun says.

 

“You have to make a good impression. First of all, to get the attention of your desired girl, you must have a good style. Let’s begin with the hair.” Kyuhyun says and closely looks at his son. “Let’s go to the salon!”

 

Dragging the boys, Kyuhyun thought of the perfect hairstyle for them. “Do you know what hair I had back then that made me the most wanted guy in the land?” Kyuhyun smirked. The two boys looked at each other, then to their father and shook their heads.

 

“Curly hair.”

 

 

_*_

 

 

Yoona came back from buying cook books. Her classes will start tomorrow and she would want to have a head start. She knows how to cook, but she would want to create better meals for her family. Cook books from Korean cuisines to simple desserts and foreign cuisines, she’s excited.

 

“Mom, did you win dad by your cooking?” Krystal suddenly appears out of nowhere.

 

“Oh no, dear,” Yoona chuckles and tying her hair that shows off her beautiful big forehead.

 

“So can you tell me something about how you and dad began...” Krystal curiously asks.

 

“It’s a long story…”

 

She looks at her mom and Krystal would say she’s beautiful. Besides the fact that they do look alike, she had always admired her mom’s beauty. Many guys would have probably courted her, but what makes her curious is about her dad. It’s not that she hates her dad or thinks that her dad is ugly. She wonders what her dad has that stood out for her mom.

 

“I’m pretty sure you’ve had a lot of suitors then,” Krystal asks her.

 

“Maybe. Let’s take a walk and I’ll tell you things,” Yoona pulls Krystal out and welcoming them is the embrace of the winter breeze.

 

“You see, back then, guys made me feel special. The attention is nice, but it doesn’t feel good when you feel like they place you on top of everyone, like you’re not a human… To tell you honestly, your father wasn’t the type of guy you would immediately give a glance,” Yoona tells Krystal.

 

 

_*_

 

 

“Voila!” Chanyeol and Joonmyun face the mirror with their wide eyes. Their once smooth and flat hairs are now curly.

 

“How does this help us?” Joonmyun asks, unable to flash his smile.

 

“It makes you stand out,” Kyuhyun smirks and pays for the fees. He drags out his two sons and sees the people of SMTown.

 

“Girls see even the smallest details of you. So if you change your hair like this, they will notice you,” Kyuhyun explains as they walk. Joonmyun turns around and suddenly sees the apple of his eye.

 

“Hyung, do you see anyone you like?” Chanyeol whispers, not really interested in girls at the moment.

 

“Well I do like someone but—“

 

Just at that moment, Joonmyun sees someone who makes his heart go fast.

 

“Give her a sweet talk and make her remember you,” Kyuhyun pushes Joonmyun towards the girl.

 

“H-hi,” Joonmyun nervously greets her.

 

“Oh. It’s you again… Uhm…”

 

“My name is Joonmyun. Taeyeon, right?” He flashes that smile that he always smile and makes the latter smile too.

 

“Yes. Oh, you’ve curled your hair, I see,” Taeyeon points to his hair.

 

“I did,” he chuckles.

 

“Say a pick-up line or something!” Kyuhyun yells from afar. Joonmyun panics and thinks of the first thing that enters his mind.

 

“Are you a gum?”

 

“A gum? Why?”

 

“Because you stick to my mind like how a gum sticks to my shoes,” Joonmyun delivers and Kyuhyun puts his hand on his forehead. He has a lot to teach his son.

 

“Uhm… Thanks? If you excuse me, I have things to do now,” Taeyeon excused herself and left.

 

“Did I do well?” Joonmyun asks.

 

“I’m not great with women but I do think your line was one of the worst I’ve ever heard,” Chanyeol shakes his head.

 

“Maybe I should really tell you my experience before letting you handle the real thing,” Kyuhyun sighs and pulls his two sons with him.

 

 

_*_

 

 

“In life, you’ll meet a lot of guys. Some will stand out. Some won’t. Some will make you feel like a princess. Some will make you feel like you’re one of the boys…”

 

“And appa?”

 

“Placed me somewhere in between. I’m one of the boys when we’re with our friends, but he’ll still manage to make me feel like the princess,” Yoona blushes. After all these years, she still feels giddy.

 

“How did you know your feelings for him were true?” Krystal kicked a pebble and has her head down.

 

“We were friends first. But one day, you’ll feel it… When the person standing in front of you seems to stand out from everyone and seems to be emitting some kind of glow. It’s hard to explain, but you feel time stopping then your heart will beat unfamiliar and you can’t help but look at that person. I don’t know if that’s what how you will feel, but those was how I felt when one day I woke up, always wanting to be with your dad back then.”

 

Krystal wonders if she’ll have those feelings too. She thinks love won’t work for her. She’s completely different from her family, so she expects herself to not fall in love immediately. She shakes her head and looks around.

 

“I’m sorry,” a guy was hurrying and accidentally bumped into her. He dropped something and she picked it up.

 

“Hey wait!” She called and picked up a card with the name ‘Kai’ on it. “Kai!” she called and the guy turned around.

 

The guy stopped and went to her. For a moment, Krystal felt her world stop. The guy had a dark skin and the way he walked towards her was oozing with charisma. She swallows some of her saliva as the guy takes the card with him and thanks her. If her mother didn’t pull her hand, she probably won’t be able to move at all. Whoever that ‘Kai’ guy was, surely, it struck Krystal.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Yoona noticed her daughter still wearing that surprised expression.

 

“Nothing, omma. Just… I think we need to go home,” Krystal yanks her mother away while she touches her chest. She thought about the guy from earlier and felt her chest beat rapidly.

 

 

_*_

 

 

“So hair did work because you did get noticed, let’s try clothes. Sequins and leather, come!” The two were horrified at what their father said and threw them in the dressing room. Shopping with Krystal and their mother doesn’t seem to be so bad if it meant just waiting for them rather than their father making them wear outfit that makes them look like their idol stars when they aren’t at all.

 

After trying about 4 pairs of outfit, their father bought all that they had tried. It hasn’t been long enough since Kyuhyun bought a lot for his wife, but he doesn’t care because it will help his sons anyway.

 

“Let’s put to the test,” Kyuhyun pulled them out and were greeted by a beautiful blonde. “Joonmyun, let’s again.”

 

“H-hi,” Joonmyun nervously greets the girl in front of her. The blonde girl just blinks at her.

 

“I’m Joonmyun,” he puts out his hand and the girl stares at it.

 

“I’m Jessica, but I don’t date guys with horrible fashion sense.” She turns her back with a ‘hmph’, earning fits of laughter from Chanyeol, who looks like he’s under some crack by now.

 

“Chanyeol?” Chanyeol turns and sees Baekhyun. He straightens himself and changes into a different person all of a sudden.

 

“Oh, hi Baekhyun,” he smiles coolly, making the girls who pass by him stare at him.

 

Kyuhyun notices how Chanyeol doesn’t even give attention to the girls but to Baekhyun. But it does attract women. Meanwhile, he looks at his eldest son with a pity. Being rejected twice already is bad.

 

“Anyway, see you at school, Chanyeollie~” Baekhyun chirps and Chanyeol goes back to his weird state when the other leaves.

 

“Wow. We’ve been out almost the whole day now,” Kyuhyun checks his watch to see it’s almost 5.

 

“Dad, I don’t get why you’re giving us these when we just wanted to know how in the world did mom, someone so pretty fell in love with someone like you because we found your high school photos and you weren’t really that appeali— I’ll shut up now.“ Chanyeol looked away when Kyuhyun glared at him. He sighs and thinks that maybe he should tell their love story.

 

“Well, I wasn’t the most handsome guy back then. I guess my first place math medals and witty charms won her over,” Kyuhyun chuckles.

 

“Dad—“

 

“Okay. Okay. I fell for your mom that day when we went to a trip and I watched her be herself. She got dirty with the mud, she played sports with the boys, and she didn’t care how she acted then. I didn’t realize I was falling so hard for her because I spent a lot of time with her after that. One day, I decided to risk telling her in the most romantic way I could think of.”

 

“Which is?”

 

“I rented a karaoke room, prepared romantic candles and rose petals for her. When she was entering, I was singing for her and when she arrived in front of me, I patted her head. I thought, it’s now or never, win or lose everything that we have, as long as I told her how I felt. Then the rest is history,” Kyuhyun tells them and the two looked up to their father.

 

Joonmyun wishes he can be as romantic as his father. The blonde girl earlier was forgivable since he doesn’t know her, but to be rejected by the girl he likes breaks her heart.

 

Chanyeol on the other hand, wonders if there was someone he could do that for. He thinks of Baekhyun and he shakes her head. He believed in destiny and thought he was destined to be with a pretty girl. But what if he was destined to someone… that isn’t a girl.

 

“Well, that’s enough for today. Let’s go home,” Kyuhyun takes the two boys home, just in time because Yoona and Krystal just arrived home too.

 

“Welcome ho—Omo! What happened to my two boys?!” Yoona frantically ran to her boys who were dressed up like a pop singer.

 

“Dad took them out for ‘love advice’,” Krystal tells Yoona.

 

“I actually learned nothing. In the end, he told us how he confessed to you,” Chanyeol says and pats Yoona’s head. He waved his hand and went up to his room.

 

“I got rejected,” Joonmyun hung his head down and went up to his room in a sad state.

 

“I wonder what happened,” Krystal, being intrigued, followed the two upstairs.

 

“You told them about what you did at the karaoke room when you confessed?” Yoona crossed her arms and Kyuhyun smiles.

 

“I told them just a part. You know there’s more to that story. Our love story is a little more dramatic than they think,” Kyuhyun huffs.

 

“I know. I know. My parents didn’t approve of us back then. But you know that I love you, okay?” Yoona leans her forehead on Kyuhyun’s and smiles.

 

“I know. I love you too,” he brings her hands to his lips and kisses it.

 

“Kyu…”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Don’t let your sons have the curly hair that you used to have.”

 

“But you love my curly hair!”

 

“Your mop hair, to be honest, made you look like the neighbor’s dog!”

 

The two cutely argued about Kyuhyun’s hair, but nonetheless, they still made up because their love for each other still overpowers them.

 

 

_*_

 

 

When school came, Joonmyun sat next to Taeyeon, trying not to look at her straight at her face. He thinks he doesn’t have any face to show to her after the embarrassing pick-up line from the last time.

 

“Hi, Joonmyun,” he was surprised she greeted first and remembered his name.

 

“Hi, Taeyeon.”

 

“What happened to your hair? It isn’t curly anymore?” She ruffled his hair. He likes the feel of her hands running through his hair.

 

“It lasted for just two days anyway. I don’t like it. I prefer my boring and flat hair like this,” Joonmyun explains.

 

“Well, I don’t think your hair right now is boring… and I like this.” She takes away her hand and settles in her seat as the teacher gets in.

 

“Well I like you too.”

 

“What did you say, Joonmyun?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

 


 

Hai guys~ :3 Happy Dec. 21, 2012 to all those who survived! XD Anyway, I was supposed to post this earlier, but the Ms. Universe thing took my attention. XD Well, congrats to all the winners. Proud at Ms. Philippines! :>

 

Well, I hope you somehow you enjoyed. It doesn't show how great Kyuhyun is. It just showed how Joonmyun is unlucky, Chanyeol wonders if it's possible to fall in love with someone that is not a girl and Krystal meets someone who seems to make her lose her senses. XD