Yoona's First Day in Town

Welcome to SMTown

 

“Okay, kids, this will be our new home. Thanks to your dad’s job, we’re able to live here and even enroll you to the school nearby,” Yoona said as soon as they stepped inside the house. “What do you think?” She bit her lip, afraid her children may not like it. Their house was a two-floor house. The first floor has a living room, the kitchen and dining area, a kitchen and a veranda and garden at the back. The second floor is where the bedrooms and two bathrooms are.

 

“I call dibs on the big room~!” Chanyeol ran upstairs with his hands up in the air.

 

“I like it, eomma,” Joonmyun smiled, looking around. Krystal looked around and nodded.

 

“Not bad,” she side-smiled.

 

“Mom! There are only three rooms! Two big and one small room!” Chanyeol said as he goes down. “Can I have the other big room?” He smiles those pearly whites he brags about.

 

“No. Eomma and appa stay in a room. You and Joonmyun oppa stay in the room and me, as the maknae and only daughter gets the privilege of getting my own room, no matter how small it is,” Krystal said and just pulled her luggage upstairs without waiting for a word from the others.

 

Krystal just wants privacy. Simple as that. It was something she couldn’t attain back in their home when he had to share a room with her two brothers. Rooming with her Joonmyun oppa was good because he kept things in order. It was his Chanyeol oppa who she hates rooming with.

 

“Okay, so Chanyeol, you and your hyung can go and unpack your belongings,” Kyuhyun said and decided to bring his and Yoona’s luggage to their room as Yoona check their furniture.

 

She placed a picture of their family and her favorite vase in the table. She unwrapped the plastic flowers and placed them in the vase.

 

“Knock! Knock! Hello new neighbor!” Yoona heard Changmin’s voice and let him in.

 

“Oh hi, Changmin, Kyuhyun is upstairs, fixing our luggage. Is it okay if you would wait here?” She asked as he sat down.

 

“Sure,” he said and looked around. “Nice house. It looks good. Anyway, got any food?” Changmin said and Yoona searched for anything.

 

“We have cereal. Is that okay?” She asks and he took it without hesitation.

 

“So how is life in SMTown so far?” He asks, taking a big handful of cereal.

 

“Well, we haven’t went out to see the establishments and meet the neighbors,” Yoona admitted.

 

“You better do that! The people here are the best kinds of people!” Changmin smiled and Yoona pictured the nicest people where everyone’s all smiles and helping each other.

 

“Hey Yoona, the cereal’s gone,” Changmin said.

 

“But that was a new box… and Kyuhyun’s cereal,” Yoona said.

 

“Well, more reason to eat this cereal then,” Changmin smiled.

 

“GET AWAY!” Yoona heard Krystal’s yell.

 

“Is anything okay?” Yoona tried to yell at them.

 

“I AM NOT KILLING THAT THING! HYUNG!” Chanyeol’s scream followed.

 

“I’m on it!” Joonmyun yelled as the two kept screaming. Within seconds, their screams died.

 

“Thank goodness it’s dead,” Chanyeol sighed.

 

“Yeah. I think it’s—OH MY GOD IT’S STILL ALIVE!” Krystal yelled and the screaming began again. Suddenly, Kyuhyun barges in with his toy sword.

 

“WHAT’S HAPPENING?!” Kyuhyun asked and he saw how they were. Chanyeol and Krystal were huddled at the top of one bed and Joonmyun was trying to kill the cockroach with a rolled up newspaper. Helping his children, Kyuhyun took a notebook and used it to kill the cockroach.

 

“What happened?!” Yoona burst in, with Changmin following, still holding the cereal box. The two sighed and slumped down.

 

“Wait, is that my notebook?” Chanyeol asks and Kyuhyun flips to see his son’s name.

 

“Errr…”

 

“Throw it instead, appa,” Chanyeol says and Kyuhyun does it.

 

“I’m sorry. I’ll just buy you a new one,” Kyuhyun says.

 

“Or you could buy me a guitar,” Chanyeol smiles.

 

“Or maybe not,” Kyuhyun chuckled and ruffles his son’s pouting hair. “Anyway, let’s eat outside. Changmin, can you show us the best restaurant here?”

 

 

_*_

 

 

“Here you go! Welcome to Super Plate!” Changmin announces and they enter. The restaurant is empty with only them and a small wide-eyed kid.

 

“Good morning sir, mam. Table for 6 or more?” He asks and Kyuhyun nods. The small boy leads them to a table with a menu.

 

“I’m Kyungsoo, your waiter. You can call me when you want to order already,” he said and left.

 

“I thought this is the best restaurant. Why aren’t there much people?” Kyuhyun asks.

 

“It is. It’s just 11. Usually by 12 onwards, the people eat here,” he says and scans the menu. They call Kyungsoo after a few minutes and order a lot of food.

 

“I even know the chef here,” Changmin says.

 

“I’m guessing you’re a regular here,” Yoona says and Changmin nods his head.

 

They look around the restaurant and like the ambience of the restaurant. After 10-15 minutes, food was served by the chef himself.

 

“Wookie!” Changmin greeted.

 

“Changmin! Are these the newly moved family?” He asked.

 

“Yes. This is Kyuhyun, his wife, Yoona and their three children, Joonmyun, Chanyeol and Krystal,” Changmin introduces.

 

“Hello, I am Ryeowook, the owner of the restaurant. My servant, Kyungsoo, yah! Come here!” Kyungsoo shyly walks to the table. “Kyungsoo works part time. He is a student of Hallyu High.”

 

“OH! Krystal and I will go to that school!” Chanyeol smiles and Krystal just took a piece of dumpling.

 

“That’s good then. You can be friends,” Kyuhyun says. Kyungsoo still looks shy, but Chanyeol finally got his first friend.

 

 

_*_

 

 

“I’m just going to buy some bread!” Yoona yelled and went to the bakery in the town. She doesn’t know where to find it so she asked someone.

 

“Excuse me, young man,” she called for the young guy with a girl with blonde hair. But to her avail, she doesn’t seem to be heard. “Excuse me!” She said louder and the two looked at her.

 

“Is there a problem?” The young boy asked.

 

“Excuse me, young man—“

 

“I am not a guy. I’m a girl. My name is Amber,” she said.

 

“OH DEAR GOD! I AM SO SORRY!” Yoona panicked and apologized to the girl named Amber. “Forgive me. I’m rude. I just wanted to look for the bakery and I saw you! I didn’t mean to! I’m sorry!”

 

“It’s okay. We can help you,” Amber kindly said.

 

“Thank you, what’s your name, little girl?” She asked the blonde one.

 

“I’m Luna, but you can call me Sunyoung,” she smiled.

 

“Can you help in looking for a bakery here?” Yoona asked.

 

“You go straight then turn left and you can see the bakery named ‘Monkeys and Fishes’,” Amber said and thanked them. She still thinks that the girl dressing up as a guy is weird.

 

She followed the instructions given to her until she saw the bakery named ‘Monkeys and Fishes’.  She looked at the wide selection of bread to the most beautiful cake there is.

 

“Hello!” A guy suddenly popped out behind the counter.

 

“Oh god! You scared me!” Yoona said and hold on her chest.

 

“Welcome to Monkeys and Fishes Bakery!” The guy said, smiling widely.

 

“Yes, I would like to have—“

 

“You must be new here. I just saw you today,” he interrupted.

 

“Ah yes. Anyway—“

 

“I’m Donghae, one of the owners of this and number one baker of the town,” he patted himself.

 

“I’m Im Yoona, the wife of Cho Kyuhyun,” she introduced.

 

“Hi Yoona! I’m Donghae!” He introduced again.

 

“You said that alrea—“

 

“Hope to see you around here!” Yoona just looked at him, waiting for his next words because she feels like she’ll just be interrupted again.

 

“Please choose what you want?” Donghae said and Yoona pointed to what she wanted. “Anything more?” he asked and she shook her head. She paid the amount and left immediately. “Hope to hang out with you soon!” Donghae yelled and Yoona wished she doesn’t.

 

Upon reaching home, the boys were happy to see the bread that she brought.

 

“Eomma, there’s no more strawberry jam,” the maknae pouted and Yoona went out to buy jam for her daughter.

 

When she stepped out, she had to ask people again because she doesn’t know where the place is.

 

“Excuse me?” She asked someone whose fashion seems to fit an avant garde runway rather than the street because neon pink leopard leggings, white Marilyn Monroe top and black, white spotted scarf and big sunglasses doesn’t seem to fit for an ordinary wear. To top it off, the side of the guy’s hair is shaved is colored blonde.

 

“You are excuse, peasant,” the person said and Yoona raised her eyebrow.

 

“Kibum!” a small yet big built guy ran after the ‘Kibum’ person.

 

“I AM KEY WHEN I AM OUTSIDE!” The person said and Yoona takes a few steps back.

 

“I’m sorry he scared you. He just dresses that way. His name is Kibum—“

 

“KEY! I AM KEY!” Yoona widened in surprise, she feels a mix of fear and bewilderment on this diva.

 

“Key.  I’m Jonghyun by the way. You must be new around here,” Jonghyun introduced.

 

“Yes, I am. I just wanted to ask where is the local mart since I needed to buy something for my daughter,” Yoona explained.

 

“Oh! There’s only one mart here. The name is ‘Rising Gods of the Yeast’, owned by Yunho hyung,” Jonghyun said.

 

“I would love to be friends with you,” Key said, pushing Jonghyun away. “As much I would love to chit-chat, I have to go meet Jessica and Mimi to discuss fashion! Hope I could drop by your house soon!” Key said and suddenly pulled Jonghyun away.

 

Yoona turned and saw the said mart immediately. In red blinking lights, the sign ‘Rising Gods of the Yeast’ blinds her. She enters and sees that it has everything. She looks for the strawberry jam and a cookbook. She opens and sees a recipe she would like to try. With that, she bought the ingredients, in hope that her husband and children would like it.

 

“It’s you again!”  Yoona’s eye twitched upon the familiarity of the voice. She turned her head and put up a fake smile.

 

“Donghae,” she greeted.

 

“How are you?!” He asked.

 

“I’m fine. We just saw each other earlier—“

 

“What are you shopping for?”

 

 

“Food for my fami—“

 

“I’m with my Hyukkie, you see,” Donghae said.

 

“Hyukkie?”

 

“Hae!” They both turned and saw a guy who ran up to Donghae.

 

“Hyukkie! This is our new neighbor, Yoona!” He introduced.

 

“Hello, Hyukkie—ow!” Yoona glared at Donghae because why on earth did he just slap her hand.

 

"Stop it, Hae. I’m sorry. I’m Hyukjae. He calls me Hyukkie and hates it when others call me that,” Hyukjae explained. Yoona nodded and went to the counter already. She thinks Hyukjae’s nice but Donghae’s annoying. 

 

Upon going home, she heard the most annoying voice ever.

 

“Oh Hyukkie, look! Yoona’s family is the ones next door!” Donghae’s voiced echoed and Yoona quickly entered the house.

 

“Is there something, wrong?” Krystal asked.

 

“Nothing dear. I just brought things from the market for dinner,” she smiled. I think our neighbors are weird and annoying. Especially that Donghae guy, she thought.

 

 


 

Hope you aren't mad I chose that pic of Yoona. XD It's suppose to show her annoyance and bewilderment of her neighbors. That's not even half of everyone. Next chapter will be the kids' first day in school, so it'll be more of the SHINee, f(x) and Exo members for the next chapter. :D

 

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BELOVED ZHANG YIXING~ ^V^