The Kids' First Day in School

Welcome to SMTown

“Hurry up, oppa! We’re going to be late!” Krystal yelled.

 

“Coming!” Chanyeol messily ran down the stairs and smiled like an idiot upon reaching his sister.

 

“Why do I have an idiot brother?” She mumbled.

 

“Ready?” Kyuhyun asks the three and they nodded.

 

“We’ll be going now,” Joonmyun says and gives Yoona a hug. The two follows and leaves the house.

 

“Well, we’re alone now,” Kyuhyun whispers seductively into Yoona’s ears.

 

“Well, we are now,” Yoona said, wrapping her arms on his neck, slowly leaning in for a kiss. But even before she could even kiss him, Kyuhyun’s cellphone rang.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” Kyuhyun answered. “Ne, Ne. I’m on my way,” he sighed and closed his phone.

 

“Office needs you, right?” Yoona said and Kyuhyun nodded. “Just go,” Yoona said.

 

“My morning kiss?” Kyuhyun pointed at his lips. Yoona being sad and mischievous just pecked his cheek and pushed him out of the house.

 

“My kiss!” Kyuhyun complained but Yoona already closed the door. She looked around the house and took her broom and bandana.

 

“Today, we shall face each other, dust bunnies.”

 

 

_*_

 

 

They wait at the bus stop and Joonmyun watches as Chanyeol and Krystal gets inside. “Have a nice first day of school,” he says and goes to his bus stop, two blocks away from there. The two Chos sat next to each other with Krystal sitting at the window, wearing her earphones. Chanyeol also wore his headphones and began to beat imaginary drums. Getting annoyed, Krystal pushed her brother, causing Chanyeol to almost fall off his seat, not when he was caught by someone.

 

“Yah!” Chanyeol yelled to his sister, who only rolled his eyes. He realized that he was caught by someone. He looked up and felt the world stop at the moment. Holding him was probably the cutest person he has seen in his life. “Puppy,” he muttered.

 

“Errrr… Are you okay?” Puppy spoke, Chanyeol thought.

 

“YAH! Oppa, he’s asking if you’re okay!” Krystal said.

 

Chanyeol snapped out of his thoughts and glared at his sister. He sat up straight and apologized to the person. “I’m sorry. That brat over there pushed me” Chanyeol pointed out.

 

“Oh please, if you didn’t try to bang your imaginary drums and just act like a normal person, I wouldn’t push you,” Krystal retorted.  Chanyeol was about to say something back, but he heard someone laugh. Apparently the puppy had been listening.

 

“Uhm, thanks for saving me,” he said towards the guy. He also noticed that they were wearing the same uniform. “Oh! You go to Hallyu High too?!” Chanyeol pointed out.

 

“Most of the people in this bus or all go to Hallyu High,” the puppy looking guy answered.

 

“Well then, let’s be friends. I’m Chanyeol,” he said and stood up, stretching his hand for a handshake.

 

“What a way to make friends,” Krystal muttered. Chanyeol looked back and glared at her sister, who seems to not care.

 

“I’m Baekhyun,” he said. Baekhyun, such a cute name, fitting such a cute person, Chanyeol thought.

 

Chanyeol noticed that Baekhyun was standing up; he stood up and offered his seat to Baekhyun.

 

“Oh god, I’m finally sitting next to a normal person,” Krystal said.

 

“You must be Chanyeol’s sister, I’m Baekhyun,” he offered his hand for a shake.

 

“Yes, hello Baekhyun-sshi. I’m warning you that my brother seems, no, is a crazy lunatic. I’m just warning you. I’m already surprised you even introduced yourself to him,” Krystal said, eyes looking at the other side of the glass window.

 

Chanyeol took Baekhyun’s attention and they talked endlessly. Krystal twitched her left eye. She had already set her mp3 into maximum level and yet the laughter and chat of her brother and the friend he just made seems louder. Oh how she prayed that she would get into school in time.

 

 

_*_

 

 

Joonmyun enters the campus of Hallyu University, the best university in their town and the only university near the town. He was all smiles, even though he doesn’t know anyone. He looks at his schedule and finds his classroom.

 

His first class is math, advanced algebra. He wonders though he needs to learn math, considering he is taking up drama. He may not be the only one thinking about it though, since most of his classmates are from the College of Arts too.

 

Looking for a seat, he saw one, 3rd row at the aisle. He placed his bag and the seat beside him was immediately occupied by someone. He turned his head and saw a girl, smaller than her, who was probably the most beautiful girl he has ever seen.

 

The girl turned to her and she greeted him. All he could do that time was flash his smile.  He couldn’t speak.

 

“Hi, I’m Taeyeon from the voice department. What’s your name?” The girl asked. He just continued looking at the girl, smiling like an idiot. “Errrr… Hello?” She waved her hand in front of him, making him snap out of his thoughts.

 

“I-I’m J-joonmyun,” he answered. “I’m from the drama department.”


Is there such a thing as love at first sight? He asks himself. Because if the answer to his question is the girl beside him, then probably yes. But he shakes his head. Love grows over time. Love is blind. Love has many definitions.

 

Taking his planner, he writes something: Learn about love.

 

 

_*_

 

 

“Hi,” Krystal looked up to see a cute girl standing beside her. She looked around in case the girl was talking to someone else and not her. “I’m talking to you, silly girl,” the girl said and gave Krystal’s back a big and powerful pat that shocked her.

 

“My name’s Jinri, but you can call me Sulli,” the girl said.

 

“What’s with the nickname?” Krystal asked.

 

“My family gave me that nickname. They think it’s cute, just like me,” she said, sticking a lollipop in . Krystal eyed her, well the lollipop to be exact. “Want one?” Sulli showed her three sticks of lollipops with different flavors. She took the yellow one and unwrapped it.

 

“Does this mean we’re friends now?” Sulli leaned towards Krystal with batting her eyes. Krystal looks at her and gives a pop of her lollipop.

 

“No,” she said. Sulli let out a soft ‘oh’ and sadly walked away.

 

“Yah! I was just joking,” Krystal yelled and Sulli turned around and took a seat next to Krystal.

 

“So, what will I call you then?” Sulli asked.

 

“Call me Krystal.”

 

 

_*_

 

 

“So back then, I was on this play. I thought I was going to be the one handling lights, but they suddenly wanted me to act. Guess my role?” Chanyeol told Baekhyun.

 

“The main?” Baekhyun guessed.

 

“No. I was the newspaper boy who would always get hit or fall of his bike,” Chanyeol chuckled, remembering the memories of that. “I got few bruises after the play.”

 

“Hey, Chanyeol, I’ll just go to the restroom, okay?” Baekhyun said and went to the restroom.

 

Chanyeol stood outside the restroom, leaning on the wall as he waits for Baekhyun. His eyes shifted as he hears a familiar voice.

 

“Jongin-ah, I told you, I have no time. I took a double shift this weekend,” Kyungsoo reasoned out.

 

“But I’m already gonna get tickets after class! You promised me that we’d watch movies!” Jongin reasoned.

 

“But not this weekend. You should’ve told me in advance before I can make my shifts. What about next week?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Dance practice. The week after that I’m free,” Jongin said.

 

“Okay. I won’t go to work on that weekend because you won’t stop pestering me about us watching movies,” Kyungsoo said and Jongin gave him a smile.

 

“Kyungsoo!” The two guys turned around to see Chanyeol, wearing his big and creepy smile.

 

“Chanyeol!” Kyungsoo waves, trying to move forward, but Jongin blocked him.

 

“Who the hell is that weird person?” Jongin asks. He was very protective of Kyungsoo. Everyone knows it. It was like Jongin’s name will always follows Kyungsoo’s.

 

“His name is Chanyeol. I met him while I was working,” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Are you flirting with other guys?!” Jongin hung his jaw open.

 

“I do not! Where did you get that idea?!” Kyungsoo said and slapped Jongin’s arm.

 

“Hi!” Chanyeol was suddenly standing in front of him and waving his hand.

 

“Hi. Jongin, this is Chanyeol. He just moved in town along with the rest of his family. Chanyeol, this is Jongin and he—“

 

“I protect Kyungsoo 24/7. In case you try to hurt him, I will be the one beating you up,” Jongin said and Kyungsoo nudged him.

 

“Anyway, have you made any friends?” Kyungsoo asked and Chanyeol nodded.

 

“He’s just actually at the restroom,” Chanyeol said.

 

“Oh! Kyungsoo-yah! Jongin-ah!” Chanyeol turned to look at Baekhyun who was now wearing eyeliner. Chanyeol has his jaw drop and is ogling Baekhyun.

 

“Uhm… Your friend…” Jongin says, pushing Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol was lucky that he was with those three guys. He at least made friends immediately. He doesn’t have to worry about making friends.

 

“Where’s Sehun?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Sehun?” Chanyeol asked. Who is Sehun and why is his Baekhyun looking for that person.

 

“When is Sehun early?” Jongin points out and they all nod.

 

“Who is Sehun?” Chanyeol asks.

 

“Oh you’ll meet him soon,” Baekhyun says with a smile and Chanyeol doesn’t know why he feels uncomfortable.

 

 

_*_

 

 

It was dinner time and each of them is in a gloomy and tired state, except for Krystal because she is usually like that, and Joonmyun is happy because of meeting someone. Yoona is tired from cleaning the house alone. Kyuhyun is stressed and tired from work. Chanyeol had been gloomy because Baekhyun kept looking and asking for Sehun, who didn’t go to school today.

 

“Someone seems unusually gloomy,” Krystal remarked regarding Chanyeol.

 

“So, how are your first days in school, kids?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

“I met new friends,” Chanyeol said with a smile, forgetting the thing about that Sehun person and just about Baekhyun, how his smile seems to smile so brightly and how different he looked like with and without eyeliner.

 

“We lost him,” Krystal said and rolled her eyes.

 

“He probably met some girl,” Kyuhyun said. “What about you, Krystal?”

 

“I got a friend. Her name is Sulli and she gave me a lollipop,” Krystal said.

 

“That’s nice. How about you, Joonmyun?” Yoona asked.

 

“I met a girl.”

 

With that simple statement, all of their heads look at him.

 

“What? It’s not like I don’t have any friends that are girl,” Joonmyun said.

 

“Is she pretty? Do you like her?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“I—Yah! We’re just friends,” Joonmyun said.

 

“Oh my god. You’re going to have a girlfriend,” Yoona remarked. “My eldest is all grown up!”

 

“You have to bring that girl home some time!” Kyuhyun said.

 

“I would like to clear things up. First, I just met her today. And second, I don’t like her… that much… yet,” he said, whispering the last part.

 

 

_*_

 

 

Later that night, Joonmyun opened his laptop and did his homework.

 

“Homework on the first day of the school? Really, hyung?” Chanyeol says as he rubs the towel on his hair.

 

“It’s college. What do you expect?” Joonmyun says and Chanyeol just jumps on his bed.

 

At first, Joonmyun were doing advance readings on some of his subjects. When he heard Chanyeol snore, he opened a new tab and typed in his real homework.

 

‘How to impress a girl and make her fall for you.’

 

 

 


 

Hi, guys~ ^v^ As you can see, it's more about the dialogues, because I think the words that come out of they're mouth are funnier. Don't worry KyuNa fans, they'll have their own chapter. Maybe the next one or the one after that~ :>