Chapter One

A Twist In Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter one — the time legend

»  "Mr Oh has two broken ribs and his right arm is fractured. He's out of the danger zone now but he's still in a coma. It'll take a few months before Mr Oh would be fully healed, given that he would regain consciousness soon."

I entwined her hand with Sehun's as I brushed his brown hair away from his eyes. From afar, Sehun probably looked as if he was asleep but Celeste knew better.

Involuntarily, a tear fell. I sniffed, my eyes red and swollen from crying. "If you didn't know me, this would never have happened." As much as it pains me to say this, it was the truth. My previous boyfriend was abusive and upon finding out that I had hooked up with another boy, he was furious. Even though, the two of us had already broken up a few years back, Jung Yongwon was still miffed at the fact that I had once again found happiness.

He had confronted Sehun one day and beat him to a pulp. The result? Sehun had to be hospitalized and after a tortuous five hour surgery, he had emerged, unconscious.

I glanced at the flowers their friends had given. With minimum concentration, one of the withering lilies turned green again, the stalk becoming stronger and the lily stood upright. A sigh left my lips; how was it that I could save a lily, a mere flower, when i couldn't save the most important person in her life?

My eyes brightened up. If Sehun didn't know me and thus, didn't have a relationship with me, he wouldn't end up like this. Naturally, all I has to do is to... My eyes flickered sadly to Sehun and I continued aloud, "Go back in time so that we'll didn't meet each other."

~~~

"Okay, Celeste, you can do this. Just concentrate." I told myself, steadying my increasing heart rate. I stood alone in my bedroom; my older brother had brought her a small apartment a few years back when I expressed my desire to continue studying in Seoul when our parents moved back to China.

Kris was, overall, a pretty good brother. He was always there for me especially now that I lived by myself. As for my secret power, I have never brought the subject up before so I have no idea if my older brother shared the same power as me or not.

"Okay, open!" I yelled, holding out my hand.

Nothing happened.

I facepalmed myself. Now how was I supposed to go back in time?

"You're supposed to concentrate."

I spun around in surprise, automatically changing to Mandarin as I demanded, "What?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter