Chapter Four

Stand By U

~

It was a warm sunny day, a perfect day to play outside. And so a cute little kid has been playing around on the playground alone while waiting for his best friend to come. He was told by his best friend to wait for him there so he can treat him for some ice cream. As he was wandering around though, another kid sitting under a tree caught his attention.  The little boy with the raven hair is obviously sad which left the other boy confused.

‘Why does he look so sad? Why doesn’t he just play with the other kids?’ the little kid thought while pouting.

And so because of curiosity and concern the little kid with the caramel hair decided to approach the kid under the tree. As he neared the tree he could see then that the kid was indeed sad because of his head hanging low while staring at the ground. He was completely ignored by the kid and so he decided to speak.

“Hey.”

 He called for the boy. But the boy still ignored him. He then sat beside him and shook his shoulders wanting to get his attention.

“Heeeeyyy….. why are you sad? Are you alright?” He asked once again. The other boy finally lifted his head and looked at the other.

“They don’t like me.” The raven haired boy replied in a rather funny slang Korean. The other boy even thought for a second before he could fully understand the boy and replied.

“Who doesn’t like you? And why?” He asked again, his brows furrowed together.

“The other kids, they said I speak funny.” He said as he pointed at the other kids in the playground. “They don’t wanna play with me because I speak funny. But what can I do, I can’t speak Korean well because I came from America.”

He added in his still slang korean which left the other to process what he said before replying. He kind of understands why the other kids said that though. The boy definitely speaks funny. But that is not enough reason for them not to play with him and make him sad. Seeing the other boy in that state makes him kind of sad too. And so he replied.

“Oh? Don’t worry I can play with you while I’m waiting for my best friend. Just don’t be sad anymore.”  He said while smiling his gummy smile and reaching out for the other’s hand. The other kid’s face immediately lighted up.

“Really? Even though I speak like this??” the kid asked in confirmation, as the other cutely nodded his head. He then smiled his charming smile to the caramel head which made the other blush a little. “Thank you very much. You are really kind.”

And so they played for some time in the playground. The cute kid noticed that the other is not really that talkative and so he did most of the talking while the other just followed. On the other side, the raven boy really liked the other kid. He was the first friend he made after all, for their family visit here in Korea. He was still having fun with the other when the boy with the pouting lips was called by another boy that somehow reminds him of a fish. The cute boy replied then before turning to him to say his goodbye.

“I’m really sorry but I have to go now. My best friend is already here.” He said pouting his cute cherry lips.

“Ah, it’s alright thanks for playing with me though.” He smiled charmingly again, which made the other blush a little once again.

“You’re welcome. Byeee!” The cute boy was about to run to his best friend when he suddenly remembered something. He turned around and approached the raven boy again. “Here you can have this. See you next time!” He smiled his gummy smile while he gave the other a strawberry flavored candy, which the other gladly accepted.

“Thank you….. what’s your name again?” The raven head said and laughed a little when he realized that the two of them have been playing together for some time now and yet they don’t know each other’s name.

“Oh yeah! I almost forgot. My name is Hyukjae. Lee Hyukjae!” He smiled his gummy smile and asked the other in return. “And you?”

“ My name is Kim Kibum.”

“Oh bye then Kibum! See you next time!” the Hyukjae kid said as he waved his hands then turned around to run toward his best friend who’s getting kind of impatient now waiting for his cute little Hyukkie.

“Bye Hyukjae. See you next time.” Kibum replied. And as he was watching Hyukjae run toward his friend he could only think of one thing while smiling to himself.

‘What a cutie.’

 

 

~

“Hyukkieeee, what took you so long? And who’s that boy?” the cute little fish boy sulked as Hyukjae approached him.

“Hi Hae. I’m sorry, I just said goodbye to my new friend.” He said as he pointed to the boy near the slide. Donghae then looked at the said boy, who was definitely smiling so charmingly while eyeing his best friend. He furrowed his eyebrows.

“I don’t like him.” Donghae pouted.

“Huh? Don’t be like that Hae. He’s really nice you know.” Little Hyukjae pouted in return while he held little Donghae’s hand.

“Does he want to be your prince too?” little Donghae furrowed his brows more. Little Hyukjae then squeezed the other’s hand and smiled his cute gummy smile.

“No he doesn’t Hae-Hae. And like I’ve told you before you are my only prince and nothing can change that. Don’t you believe in me Hae-Hae?” He replied cutely which made Donghae grin cutely in return, obviously happy on what the other said. He then pinched Hyukjae’s nose.

“Arasso, arasso. Now stop acting so cute Hyukkie. Let’s go and I’ll treat you some strawberry ice cream now.” Little Donghae said, while he started to walk while dragging Hyukjae beside him.

“Yay! Thank you Hae!” little Hyukjae squealed and pecked on Donghae’s cheek. That left Donghae grinning in victory while they continue to make their way towards the ice cream shop.

 

 

~

“I think that it would be better if we just divide the chapters so we can finish it earlier. Is that okay to you guys?” Hyukjae asked his research group mates as he was scanning through their given topic. Well he was chosen as the leader of the group again since Hyukjae is known to be a very responsible and hardworking student.  He is also very helpful if someone needed help thus gaining him the trust of his fellow classmates and even the teachers.

The other students just agreed to the blonde’s question which in return Hyukjae gave his gummy smile. He then divided the chapters to each of the members, which by the way includes Kibum once again.

“Okay you guys can go now. Just let me know if you need any help for your assigned chapters. Bye guys!”

“Bye Hyukjae!” the other three students greeted as they went out of the classroom leaving the other two alone.

Hyukjae was about to turn around and leave when he saw that  Kibum was still there.

“Oh Kibum! You aren’t going home yet?”

The raven just smiled a little before replying “Actually I was thinking if you would like to start researching for the topic already. In the library? That is if you aren’t going home yet. So?”

“Weeell…. Donghae actually have his soccer practice today. I could research first while waiting for his practice to end, and I do think that it’s better if we start earlier so okay. I’ll just text Hae…” the blonde replied  and started to take out his phone while smiling since he was excited to just even text his dear boyfriend.

Unknown to him the other just scoffed when he heard the brunette’s name and smirked when he realized that he can be alone with the blonde again.

~

“Hae!!” Hyukjae run immediately when he saw his boyfriend sitting on the benches of their school field. Well he just finished researching with Kibum in the library and went to the field immediately when Donghae texted  that he too was already done with the practice.

“Baby don’t run like that. You might slip and get hurt you know.” Donghae whined and pulled the blonde on his lap once he reached him.  He then gave a peck on Hyukjae’s lips which caused a flush of pink on the blonde’s cheeks. 

Happy with his boyfriends’s reaction, Donghae chuckled and pulled him to his embrace on which the other leaned in return. Donghae’s arms around Hyukjae’s waist while the latter’s arms around the former’s neck. Donghae run his hand on the other’s head caressing it while the other closed his eyes leaning more on the brunette’s chest. They spent some minute just hugging, enjoying the warmth they are creating for each other.  Filling the lack of their contact for that day because of their individual activities. This is just one of the moments when both wish that time would stop, just so that they can savor the moment a little longer.

“So.. you were with Kibum again?” Donghae was the one to break their silence once he remembered who was with Hyukjae a while ago. Lately, he has been noticing that his boyfriend has been spending more time with Kibum. Well he knows that it’s just for the school assignments and projects but he can’t help but get a little jealous on HIS BOYFRIEND and Kibum’s developing closeness. He’s not keeping Hyukjae away on making new friends but he’s just having a bad feeling on Kibum with the way he looks at him whenever he shows his love with HIS OWN BOYFRIEND.

Hyukjae then loosened up from the hug to face his boyfriend though he still kept his arms around the other’s neck.

“Well yeah. We are group mates again for our research on one of the subjects. “ Hyukjae replied albeit he was quite surprised with his boyfriend’s question.

“Which means you’ll be spending more time with him.” The brunette mumbled while pouting. And even though he just mumbled it the other boy was still able to comprehend what the other said. He was confused on to why the other was acting this way until he finally came up with the answer. He knows that he shouldn’t be smiling but he just can’t help it. He then cupped the brunette’s face facing him.

“Yah Lee Donghae don’t tell me that you’re getting jealous with Kibummie.” Hyukjae asked while looking on his pouting boyfriend eye to eye.

“Now you even call him differently… Aahhhhh!! Hyukkie~!” Donghae whined when the other boy just pinched his cheeks suddenly.

The blonde just laughed while the other continued to whine. Donghae continued to rub his cheeks trying to soothe the little pain he felt. Seeing this Hyukjae then leaned and gave Donghae a peck for each of his cheeks while wrapping his arms again on Donghae’s neck. He smiled then after noticing that the other was trying to suppress his smile, happy with the kisses his boyfriend gave him.

“You fish. You know that there’s completely nothing for you to be jealous about.”

“But you two are always together.”

“That’s just for school works and if you also notice I spent way more time with you, my loving boyfriend, than anyone else. And you know why?”

“Why is that?” Donghae replied, now smiling because he exactly knows what the other is going to say.

“That’s because I only love you and if I can only spend my whole days, weeks, months, years and even my whole life time with you then I’ll be gladly willing to do so.” Hyukjae said while smiling his gummy smile.

 Donghae went to cloud nine on what his boyfriend just said. Oh how he loves his boyfriend. He surely won’t let him go.

“Aawww! Hyukkie babyyy!! I love you too sooo much!!!” the brunette replied while suddenly standing up lifting hyukjae and twirling him around. This caused Hyukjae to squeal and hug the other tighter. After a while Donghae finally stopped and put Hyukjae down. Hyukjae was still laughing because of their act when Donghae suddenly cupped his face.

“And baby don’t worry I’ll make sure that you’ll always be with me. Forever and ever.” And he finally leaned to kiss those plump lips that he loves so much.

~





AN: 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEE HYUKJAE! :D

I finally updated this fic after a century. *sigh* Does anyone still remember this? I'm sorry if I made you guys wait for so long. And yes I did update this because it's Hyukkie's birthday BUT I promise that I'll try to update this again before our classes starts on april 10. *sob* I'm so stressed with school TT TT

Anyway I hope you enjoy the part B!  i know that it's so rushed forgive me pls
I was actually planning to end this chapter w/ a cliffhanger but because it's our beloved Hyukjae's birthday I ended it on a sweet note. I know. I'm so nice. loljk.
Also don't forget to comment! I love your comments. <3
Till the next update!! :^)


shameless PS: I would really appreciate if you guys could also read and comment on my other stories. I have two one-shots and the prequel of this fic on my account.Thanks! :^)
 

 

 

Annyeong~ <3