Chapter Three

Stand By U

~

They didn’t really become the sweetest couple on earth at the early age of seven. Cause let’s face it, it’s too early to have a boyfriend. Heck, do they even know what a boyfriend is? Anyways, since that incident you will never see little Hyukjae without seeing little Donghae beside him. Even up to middle school they were always together. Stuck with each through better and worse.

Donghae was always there when Hyukjae finds something that interests him. Starting from strawberry milk until to his talent in piano. Donghae was there to watch him.  

He was there when Hyukjae was happy, when he laughed, even when he smiled that gummy smile that he loves so much.  Donghae was there to laugh with him.

He was there when Hyukjae was sad, when he cried just because he fell from too much running around or just because he failed to have a dose of his strawberry milk. Donghae was there to comfort him.

He was there when Hyukjae felt scared just by watching a scary movie or just by the thought of walking home alone. Donghae was there to protect him.

They were not boyfriends or anything but it was ok. Hyukjae was completely satisfied that Donghae was always there beside him. Donghae remained as Hyukjae’s prince in shining armor. And Hyukjae remained as Donghae’s "princess" that he should always protect. They might be friends at that time but their love for each other is so indescribable and strong that you can’t find that kind of love even in those ‘real couples’.

 

They were best friends.



Not until it was almost the end of their first middle school year.  Being the handsome fish Donghae is Hyukjae does get annoyed when some of Donghae’s admirers go a little overboard in showing their love to their oppa. Well Donghae doesn’t really pay any attention to them but that doesn’t make them stop.


Hyukjae’s patient just broke when one day he saw Jisun, one of Donghae’s admirers, bravely kissed the fish boy in the cheeks after winning their soccer game. Donghae got surprised and even scolded Jisun of why she did that. The girl whined that it’s because she loves her which just made Donghae scoot away from the love-sick looking girl.



Donghae looked for Hyukjae later that day and found him sitting in their school’s stadium. He went to sit happily beside his best friend and started to tell him the things that happened to him that day. Donghae was the only one speaking while the brown haired Hyukjae then just looked at him while he was blabbering. Hyukjae’s gaze focused on one area of Donghae’s face though. Donghae’s cheeks. He kept staring while the other boy kept on talking, and before he even knows it….



SMACK!



 Hyukjae’s plump lips met Donghae’s soft cheeks. It just happened for a mere second but Donghae can still remember the tingly feeling Hyukjae’s lips gave him on that moment. When Hyukjae looked at the other boy which just froze on his position, he quickly muttered a sorry and said that it was just out of impulse. Donghae on the other hand have other things on his mind.

He will not accept that Hyukjae did that just out of impulse.  He then grabbed the brunette on the face and gently kissed him. When Donghae pulled away Hyukjae was all wide eyed. This made the former laugh, which the latter pouted back. Doghae just on how he loves him so much and he knows for sure the other loves him too (which made him receive a push from Hyukjae)and asked Hyukjae to be his boyfriend right on the spot. And who was Hyukjae to reject that fish boy? Of course he said yes all with him smiling and blushing.  

Albeit he did protested on how Donghae can just suddenly kissed him like that. It was their first kiss after all. But the other boy just rebutted on how he was the one that started the kissing first.   They were bickering and stealing kisses on the cheeks at the same time, which resulted with them jumping down from the stadium and running around the field.  They looked crazy, yes. Especially when Donghae decided to shout how ‘Lee Hyukjae was his and only his’. Hyukjae has to run back to him and shut his boyfriend’s mouth before they gather more attention from the people around. 

When Donghae felt Hyukjae’s hand on top his mouth he gently removed it then before putting his hands around Hyukjae’s waist staring deeply into his eyes.  Hyukjae just smiled and both of them started leaning to each other until their lips met, sharing their second kiss as a couple in the middle of their school field.

Well that pretty much was the beginning of the haehyuk couple. The sweetest couple in the world.

Well at least for the people around them.



~

 

“Donghae!! Hey Donghae!”

The said boy turned around seeing one of his dongsaeng calling him. As soon as the younger approached him Donghae quickly smacked the younger on the head earning a yelp from him.

“That is Donghae- hyung for you, you brat. “ The black haired boy said.

“AHHHH~ Hyung!! It hurts!” the younger boy complained while still rubbing his painful head after receiving the hit from his hyung.

“Don’t worry Kyu. I know you can handle it.” Donghae replied smiling while giving a pat on the Kyuhyun’s back before proceeding to continue to walk.

 Kyuhyun then followed and said “You’re lucky that you’re my favorite hyung. Aishh… where are you headed to anyways?”

“To the library.” Donghae just replied shortly.

“Woah woah woah.. don’t tell me you’re gonna study hyung? That’s totally out of your character.” The younger then teased.

“Hyukkie is there, you idiot. He told me to fetch him there since him and Kibum still have some school works to finish.” The fish boy replied not really sparing a glance to the younger as he was too busy looking where the library is located. He has been there, yes. But sometimes he still gets lost inside their campus. He’s not really that good when it comes to direction.

“ohhh~ he’s with Kibum again. Don’t you get suspicious hyung? That Kibum guy seems to like hanging around Hyukjae-hyung too much. “The caramel haired boy said trying to sound confuse just to tease his hyung.

Donghae just frowned at what his dongsaeng said.  “So what are you implying huh? That Kibum likes MY Hyukkie? Tsk tsk.. that’s impossible you know.”

Kibum has only been going in their school for two weeks but he did made quite a few friends already. He’s also quite popular with the girls, and maybe even some of the boys. He does well in classes and was good at basketball too. He was also close with Siwon’s group of friends which has been Hyukjae and Donghae’s group too.

“And besides..” the older of the two added.  “As if he can make Hyukkie fall for him. Hyukjae only loves me you know. And I trust him.”  Donghae confidently said before turning into the corner where he thought the library was located. Kyuhyun stopped walking and smiled at his hyung before realizing something and calling his hyung again.

“Hyung! Where are you going?! The library is at this side.”  Kyuhyun shouted at Donghae which is almost on the half of the corridor he was walking.

The older then turned back, grinned sheepishly, before running back to his dongsaeng.

“I thought so..” He grinned at the other boy before he went at the other side not before bidding Kyuhyun goodbye and thanking him.

“Bye hyung.” Kyuhyun said to himself before shaking his head at his idiotic hyung before continuing his way out of the building.

 

~

 

“Hey babe.” Donghae quickly sat beside Hyukjae wrapping his hands at the latter.

“Hae!”

“Shhh…!!” The librarian shushed Hyukjae who was in too much excitement seeing his boyfriend already there.

“Sorry..” Hyukjae then apologized. He knows that he fanboys too much whenever he sees Donghae but his boyfriend doesn’t really mind.

“ Hi Hae.” He turned to his boyfriend smiling at him. “Don’t worry Kibum and I are almost done.” He said while pointing at the other boy sitting across him in the table. Donghae turned his gaze to the said boy.

“Hi there Kibum.” Donghae said while smiling at the other boy.

“Hello there Donghae-shii.” The guy with the eye smile replied back, looking straight at Donghae’s eyes.  And for that few seconds Donghae swear there is something on the way Kibum stared at him. Hate. Anger. He didn’t really know but it did look that it is something close to those. Or maybe it’s just his imagination. He then tore his gaze from the said boy and back to his lover.

“So maybe I could just finish this at home and then I’ll send it to you and you print it. Is that ok to you Kibum? “ Hyukjae asked his classmate.

“Of course Hyukjae. So I’ll go first then.” Kibum replied while putting his things back to his bag before standing up from his seat. “Goodbye Hyukjae.” He smiled sweetly at the gummy boy before turning to the other boy. “Goodbye Donghae-shii.” And this time, let’s just say that the smile is nothing near sweet but more of a smirk. Kibum went out of the library leaving the couple alone.



As they were walking towards the bus station, holding hands and all, Donghae then thought with a frown on his face. 

‘Ok. So maybe  Kibum has a little crush on Hyukjae.’

~


AN: ok. I know that it's been a century and I'm really sorry.:(( I'm actually thinking if I should continue this fic. It's just that I'm too busy with school. fyi I'm a graduating student so everything we do at school is really at rush. xd

I hope you enjoy this chapter anyways. :)

Annyeong~



Eunhae jjang!