New Feelings

Not Such A Bad Boy

The two boys walked closer towards you with smirks on their faces. As they approached you, you started running away. Suddenly, you were pulled back. One of the boys had grabbed onto your hood. You quickly pulled it off and continued running. You didn’t know where you were going. The only thing that was on your mind was to get away from these dangerous guys. You ran into a dark corner and sat down quietly. *I hope they give up.* 

 

Suddenly, someone took a seat right next to you. “AHHHH!!!” you screamed in surprise.

 

“Shhh!” you looked up to see Jonghwan’s worried face. 

 

“What are you doing here?!” you asked him.

 

Jonghwan rolled his eyes in a joking manner. “Wow. I came here to save you and you ask, ‘What are you doing here?!’ Gee, I feel so welcomed.” 

 

You could hear the obvious sarcasm in his voice. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to talk to you in such a harsh tone. I was just really scared.” 

 

“It’s okay,” Jonghwan replied. “Let’s get out of here quickly. The boys probably heard you scream.” And yes, he was right. Right after he helped you up, the two boys came running in.

 

“Hey! What are you doing here?” 

 

“That’s what I should be asking you. You’re not supposed to be on this side of town,” Jonghwan glared at them.

 

“Shut up!” One of the boys yelled.

 

In less than a second, there was a fight going on. “Eek!” you screeched as one of them were thrown onto the wall next to you. You hated violence but were just glad that Jonghwan was winning this fight. 

 

After he knocked down the other guy, he grabbed your hand. “Let’s get out of here before someone sees us!”

 

A minute later, both of you were standing in the streets full of bright lights, stores, and pedestrians. “Are you cold?” Jonghwan broke the silence between you two. 

 

“Umm...A little...” you replied, shivering.

 

Jonghwan took off his jacket and handed it to you. “Here.”

 

“Oh no, it’s okay-” you started to say.

 

Jonghwan interrupted you, “It’s fine. Just wear it and follow me.” He started walking away.

 

You frowned. *I hope he’s not a bossy jerk. But I mean, if he was, he wouldn’t have come to save me. Wait, how did he even find me? I guess I’ll ask him later.* Your expression softened as you ran to catch up with him. “Hey, wait up!”

----------------------------

Jonghwan took you into a small grocery store where he bought warm bowls of cup ramen for you and himself. 

 

“Thanks for the ramen,” you said as you started eating.

 

Jonghwan gave you a small nod.

 

“So...You seem good at fighting...” you said awkwardly.

 

Jonghwan chuckled. “All the guys in 100% can fight well.”

 

You nodded in understanding as you stared at the ramen lost in your thoughts. You slightly jumped when you felt Jonghwan’s fingers on your cheek. He was applying a band-aid on top of your cut which you didn’t even notice was there. “Oh, thanks,” you gave him a smile. “You know, I didn’t think you were such a nice guy. Oops! I mean, I didn’t mean it like that, I-” you started rambling on, trying to fix what you said. However, you stopped talking when you heard Jonghwan laughing out loud. [Author’s Note: LOL :P] 

 

“You’re so cute,” he smiled at you. Your heart started thumping rapidly and you felt your cheeks redden so you looked back down to hide your face. Jonghwan continued speaking. “I don’t really mind about what you said. I know that everyone thinks of me as a ‘bad boy.’ I guess I’m just different around my friends. In other words, I’m more open towards them.” He turned to look at you. “That’s why I decided to go after you when you left. I was worried about you...”

 

Your eyes widened. “About me?”

 

“Yeah, we’re friends, right?”

 

You felt touched when he called you his “friend.” You smiled, “Yeah, I guess we are.” 

 

Jonghwan grinned and you almost fainted because of his gorgeous smile.

 

*Get a hold of yourself, ___!* you yelled inside your head. *You’re only going to like him as a friend.*

------------------------

After eating the ramen, Jonghwan walked you home. “You live here?” he asked.

 

“Yeah, this is my aunt’s apartment. I’m just staying here with her until I graduate this year,” you answered.

 

“Oh, alright. Well then, since I know that you’re safe now, I’ll be leaving.”

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” you waved.

 

“Bye,” Jonghwan waved back and disappeared into the darkness.

-------------------------

Chanyong walked out of his room and stood in the hallway as he heard Jonghwan yell, “Ajumma! I’m home!”

 

“Do you want something to eat?” Chanyong’s mother asked.

 

“No thank you.” Jonghwan replied. He walked up the stairs to find Chanyong waiting for him.

 

“Why’d you take so long to grab something from school?” Chanyong asked with a face full of suspicion. Jonghwan and Chanyong were friends since they were little and when Jonghwan’s parents left him when he was five, Chanyong’s mother became his guardian and started taking care of him.

 

Jonghwan sighed. “The truth is, I was with ___.”

 

Chanyong’s eyes widened with interest. “Really? You haven’t paid attention to a girl since-”

 

Jonghwan cut him off. “Yeah, I know. The thing is...I just want to protect ____...She reminds me of Hyunji and I don’t want what happened to her to happen to ___.”

-------------------------

[Author’s Note: Oooh some more information about Jonghwan’s past :O Btw, thank you so much for leaving me comments and subscribing! You guys are my inspiration~ :DD Please comment again and tell me what you think about Jonghwan <333 Btw, I’ll try updating more often for you guys :)))]